Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-08-20, 11:10 PM  
sillygirl

FitOn app

Anyone else using the FitOn app? I discovered it today and wanted to share. It's a free fitness app with challenges and many different trainers like Cassey Ho, Katie from Love Sweat Fitness, Kenta, Vytas, Elise Gulan, Jeanette Jenkins, Christine Bullock, etc.

Pay for PRO only if you want to be able to download the workouts offline and some other features but all the workouts themselves are free.

It's an app as well as a website you can access on your computer.

One caveat I've found is that there is a leaderboard during the workout that shows your name, age decade (20s, 30s, 40s, etc.) and your location (city, state). Not sure how to turn off the location since it was never something I gave access too nor is it under the location services on my phone. I have emailed them about it.

I just entered only my first name. Otherwise, it's a great site with quality production and workouts.

Link - https://app.fitonapp.com/splash
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 11:44 PM  
Vantreesta

OLD THREAD ALERT

Are there workouts on FitOn for treadmill, bike, elliptical or rower? Thanks!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 12:03 AM  
sillygirl

No, unfortunately not. There is a filter by equipment and the options are None, Mat, Band, Bench, Chair, and Dumbbells.
Old 01-15-21, 12:23 AM  
Vantreesta

Aw, bummer. Thank you, sillygirl!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 01:38 AM  
jusca

Never heard of it. I added the channel to my Roku and will try a live workout this weekend.

Thanks!!
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 01:45 AM  
sillygirl

I don’t think the workouts that have scheduled times are actually live workouts. They are there to schedule to do at the same time as other members/friends but they are the same workout if you search and do them on demand.

Yes, FitOn finally came out with their Roku channel just a few weeks ago! Enjoy!
Old 01-15-21, 01:47 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
I don’t think the workouts that have scheduled times are actually live workouts. They are there to schedule to do at the same time as other members/friends but they are the same workout if you search and do them on demand.

Yes, FitOn finally came out with their Roku channel just a few weeks ago! Enjoy!

Oh!! Thanks for the tip. I will look for the workout in the on demand library. That would be even more convenient for me.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-21, 09:57 AM  
kat999

Oh, I'm glad they have a Roku channel now! I had that app on my phone for a while but then never used it because I really dislike trying to squint at a tiny screen while I'm working out.
Old 01-15-21, 03:11 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
One caveat I've found is that there is a leaderboard during the workout that shows your name, age decade (20s, 30s, 40s, etc.) and your location (city, state). Not sure how to turn off the location since it was never something I gave access too nor is it under the location services on my phone. I have emailed them about it.
After my original post FitOn did add an option to make your profile private. By doing so, your information doesn't show up on the Leaderboard.

Tags
fitness app, fitness apps, fiton app