Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-20, 06:46 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Cathe Live vs Other Workouts

Hi-

Just curious. Has anyone else noticed that the Cathe Live workouts are so much more enjoyable than her recent series? I am having a tough time connecting with Perfect 30 or the Step series. I understand the latter, as I am hopelessly bad at step routines. But, I’m not sure why I haven’t clicked with Perfect 30.

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 09:16 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I totally agree! I've had Cathe Live since this summer and I don't think I've pulled out a Cathe DVD since, except to try the Perfect 30 series. I only like the low impact HIIT one unfortunately. But I would do a Cathe Live workout every day if my poor perimenopausal body would do it!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-20, 09:47 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

I would love to be able to join one of her classes live sometime, but it falls in the middle of my workday. Since there are no participants in her classes these days, I wish she could film the odd week at say, noon, for example.

Silly, I know, since it is the exact same workout no matter when I do it, but I sometimes like the feeling that I am working out with others, just for a change.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 09:43 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I would love to be able to join one of her classes live sometime, but it falls in the middle of my workday. Since there are no participants in her classes these days, I wish she could film the odd week at say, noon, for example.

Silly, I know, since it is the exact same workout no matter when I do it, but I sometimes like the feeling that I am working out with others, just for a change.
I just want to chime in and say, though I haven't done Cathe Live, I totally agree with you about livestream vs recorded classes. My local yoga teacher livestreams a lot of classes now that studio attendance is limited by covid, and I much prefer to attend live online vs practicing with the recorded class later. It is very nice to have the library of recorded classes, but I plan my class attendance around the live schedule!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 10:05 AM  
fanofladyvols

Lori, that's great that you are getting your money's worth out of the Lives.

Do you ever repeat them and still enjoy doing them again later?

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 11:35 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I love, love, love Cathe Live! Did I say I love it?

I’m actually enjoying the “quarantine” version with just Cathe a little more. Her personality just shines through when it’s just her. It’s like a personal training session.

I do my favorites over and over and have bought the downloads in case my internet is wonky that day. I try every one of them at least once and fill in the rest of the week with my favorites.

I’ve done last week’s “Total Body Cardio Blast” #324 three times already. The sequencing and exercises on that one make the time fly!

https://www.cathedownloads.com/324-t...-cardio-blast/

ETA: Perfect 30 Pump and Perfect 30 Low Impact are my favorites of the set. I like the heavier weights in the Pump dvd.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-20, 01:28 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

A friend of mine, who is not a serious vidiot but does dabble, and I were talking about how much streaming content there is these days -- both free and paid. We laughed at how we do a workout and mark it as one we really liked and want to do again and then...... we never really get back to it because there is so much other stuff to do and new content every day. This thread made me think of that conversation.
Old 12-12-20, 11:04 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Lori, that's great that you are getting your money's worth out of the Lives.

Do you ever repeat them and still enjoy doing them again later?
Linda, OMG! I have a handy spreadsheet of my Cathe Live workouts. I have done 143, of which 103 are unique. I tend to repeat the kickboxing ones because those are my favorites. My most repeated one is Warrior Kickboxing (6 times). (I can't believe I actually have a spreadsheet, but there you go.)

Lori
Old 12-12-20, 11:42 AM  
Lori_Michigan

I tend to repeat the metabolic ones since they are the most low impact without a lot of cardio that I can't really do anymore. I also really enjoy the stability ball work and all of the different PHA and giant sets/supersets ones. I really should start writing them down (my memory is just absolutely gone these days!).
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-20, 02:46 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

It’s such fun to keep a spreadsheet ( spoken like a true accountant).

Tags
cathe live