Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-25-09, 12:33 PM  
nd2325

Valerie Waters Movie star fitness workout

I know a few people were curious about this one and i did it today so i figured i would review it. just as an FYI- I am NOT a part of val's affiliate program.

The DVD is pressed , not a DVD-r which is great! I got the version for women. It looks like it was filmed at the same time as AHB- the set is the same as is the camera work. One difference is- during the 1 minute breaks between each circuit it cuts to a black screen that says "Movie Star Fitness for everyone!" and a timer clock to count out the minute.

The workout itself seems to be a bikini body style workout- there are 3 main circuits:
*Movement Prep
*Circuit 1- Sweat (repeated 3x)
*Circuit 2- Sculpt (repeated 3x)
*Circuit 3 - Polish (repeated 2x)
*Final Stretch
The dvd is chaptered by Circuit

Equipment needed for this workout:
*Val Slides
*Stability ball
*Val band
*Val band Deluxe (with door attachment)
*Med ball
*Weighted Body bar (optional)
*heavier weight (to do sumo squats) ( i used a KB)

As for the actual workout I really enjoyed it! The moves are the same as the moves in the bikini body plan- there is nothing new or unusual if you already own IWMBB. The workout is really fun though, i liked it better than the AHB workouts b/c I felt starting with the cardio-ish moves kept my HR higher. I forgot to wear my HRM so i don't know how high my HR got or how many calories i burned.

A couple of things that bugged me about the workout-

*They never show a screen at the beginning telling what equipment you need. I had everything close by so this wasn't really an issue but i can see where it would be a pain.
* No paper version of the workout to follow along with. I like having a paper copy of the workout so i can see what is coming up- that way i can have the right lb weights ready. Also there is a quick transition where you go from using the Val Band deluxe for chest press (attached to the door) to using it for bicep curls. I didn't have time to remove the band from the door so i used dumbbells for biceps. Next time i will have a second band ready to use instead.
*Coming back from the 1 minute breaks val talks for 10-15 seconds each time before starting the next exercise. i find this a waste of time. i would have preferred they cut out of the black screen timer 10-15 seconds earlier and then have val set up.

If you take the full minute break between each circuit the workout clocks in at about 46 minutes- I FF'ed thru the breaks and it took me around 40 min. Val gives better form tips in these than she did in AHB, she also tells you how to modify the moves (ie- add weight to the valslide lunges if you are more advanced or hold on to something if you are a beginner).

Even with the little problems I listed above if you like val's circuit style of workout this is a really effective workout. I hope she puts out more of these!
Old 12-25-09, 01:58 PM  
muffins135

Sounds interesting. Do you have a link by any chance? I went to Val's site and I don't see it there.
Michele
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-09, 07:09 PM  
nd2325

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
Sounds interesting. Do you have a link by any chance? I went to Val's site and I don't see it there.
Michele

I don't see it listed anymore. she had a christmas sale page which was where i found it.
Old 12-28-09, 11:54 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

got another email about this :

http://www.valeriewaters.com/merryfitness/

i'm going to bite!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 12:27 PM  
cynthia42

How much does she charge for shipping?
cynthia42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 12:30 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

i got both dvds (mens and womans) and shipping was $6.95...fine by me.

Old 12-28-09, 12:32 PM  
suegy3

Why oh why did I open this thread????????? Now I want this too!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 01:32 PM  
Nelly G

How much are the shipping cost for Europe. Does anyone know.
I emailed them but I am still waiting for a reply.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-10, 09:43 AM  
juliel
VF Supporter

mine arrived yesterday! just previewed them both and they look good. the men's workout has a fella doing the exercises. had to laugh when Val tells him to slow down--poor guy was just trying to keep up with her way too fast counting.

Old 01-03-10, 11:08 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

But are the men's and women's exercises the same?
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
valerie waters