Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Clothing, Shoes, Equipment, Gear
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-16, 08:23 AM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

Looking for no-show sock recommendations

Which no-show socks do you recommend? I have a long, narrow foot and need some that will stay up on the heel well. I'm looking forward to your answers.

Thanks!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-16, 11:44 AM  
katmom

The Feetures brand has worked well for my narrow feet.
Old 01-14-17, 12:18 AM  
LizEMA

Oh, Susan, I'm sorry this response is so late, but I don't often read these boards. I'm hoping you can still entertain my recommendations.

I don't think my feet are particularly long, but they are slightly on the narrow side. So, while I can't speak from experience from THAT aspect, the following socks have served me well. Also, I'm not sure what kind of shoes you're looking to wear the socks with or for what particular activities, but I think they should cover your needs.

I absolutely ADORE Sheec socks. They are truly no show and are more like a ped (those little disposable nylons you put on to try on shoes in the store?), or, as some companies refer to them, "liners". I use these for everything, but they are a bit thin and, honestly, not suited for boots or loose fitting shoes. I live in sneakers so it's not really an issue for me. I got these to exercise in since my favorite workout shoes are cut really low. I think these are actually just supposed to be used for flats and other non-sneaker footwear, but, as noted, I live in sneakers, and I love them for that. (They stay on my heel all through my hours of yardwork in the warmer weather and even through hours of boot wear. )
Caveat: SOMETIMES these can feel a bit tight around my toes, BUT, that's an issue I've had with other socks and footwear in the past. So, I think it's an (anatomical) ME problem and not a product problem.

Previously, I had been using these No Nonsense No show socks. These are much thicker and plusher. The only storefront I could find these at were at Wal-mart, and, in the past years, it's been harder and harder to find them there.

I hope this helped!