Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-13, 07:19 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbayless View Post
Some of the magic really does happen with HER cardio. Hard to explain, but it's just the truth. My legs look much more shapely and toned with it.
I have to agree. Maybe it's the nonstop jumping around. I wear a body media armband and I've noticed that nothing gets my METS as high for as long a period than TA cardio. Not even the cardio in JMBR, and I find that super challenging. I started adding TA cardio to my workouts last week and I rotate between meta cardio, teen meta, and total trampoline (with kangoos).
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 07:27 AM  
PhyllisG

I think I am falling in love with the Method all over again. I completed Meta Omni over a year ago and have been doing all sorts of other workouts but I did buy Pregnancy Project (a lot easier than Meta) and now planning on going back to a mostly Tracey rotation. I have Omni Centric which I did and Hip Centric which is still sitting on the shelf. I know I saw the best results with Tracey--no doubt about it. I am thinking about Teen Meta mainly because I like the idea of the bands. Any thoughts about Teen?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 08:49 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
I have to agree. Maybe it's the nonstop jumping around. I wear a body media armband and I've noticed that nothing gets my METS as high for as long a period than TA cardio. Not even the cardio in JMBR, and I find that super challenging. I started adding TA cardio to my workouts last week and I rotate between meta cardio, teen meta, and total trampoline (with kangoos).

I agree, too. I wear my heart rate monitor and I burn about the same amount of calories during meta dance as when I run outdoors out in the trails, which has some very steep inclines. I LOVE meta dance. Even though it's not pure dance, I love it because it is easy to pick up and I do feel like I'm dancing. Plus, this workout works perfectly on the rebounder. In fact, you can keep up with TA almost perfectly.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 11:57 AM  
yahoo205

Maybe I will jump rope instead. I live in an apartment and would get lots of complaints jumping around. I don't think I have space for a rebounder and I think I'd be to embarrassed to do it at my gym.

Maybe I will try jump roping instead.
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 02:02 PM  
lselbach
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I agree, too. I wear my heart rate monitor and I burn about the same amount of calories during meta dance as when I run outdoors out in the trails, which has some very steep inclines. I LOVE meta dance. Even though it's not pure dance, I love it because it is easy to pick up and I do feel like I'm dancing. Plus, this workout works perfectly on the rebounder. In fact, you can keep up with TA almost perfectly.
Debbie S. - what do you do during the grapevines? Just bounce?
Old 04-30-13, 02:50 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Did anyone primarily do Continuity for Muscular Structure Strength Work and get good results? If so, please share including if you did one or more than one continuity.

If you did more than continuity, please share your rotation.

Also, each DVD is supposed to be 1 month. Are you really supposed to do each workout 9-10 times? I don't think I can handle doing it more than 5 times a week (boredom) but will do more if it's worth it.

Would half hour of walking be sufficient cardio?
Trying to get back on track with working out.

Thank you!!!
Just thought I would add my two cents here...I e-mailed Tracy quite some time ago to ensure I was doing the correct Centric (Hip) and said that I was currently walking for cardio because 1 - the dance cardio hurts my joints if done every day and 2 - the dog has to go out anyway! She said the walking was fine. I think if you do 30 minutes of walking EVERY DAY, you will be good to go. Why not add in some TA flair when walking? I will occasionally skip, side shuffle, etc. (moves from her treadmill video) while walking. I may look strange to those in their house watching but I figure it like this - I am out there, workin' it. They are in their houses watching.

Now, I have to fess up and say I just had complete and total TA burnout after I got through Continuity 2.3 (or was it 2.2??) and I haven't touched it in a few months.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 03:00 PM  
cpcathy

I'm doing Hipcentric, I walk 30 minutes every day at work, and then throw in a quick dance workout after work on the days I don't do Meta. If I have time on a weekend day, I do both Meta and the dance workout. I like the Meta Cardio okay, but since I have RA it's not something I do very much, and then not as high impact as she does it.

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 03:11 PM  
intelsana

Carrie, did you have good results with using walking as cardio with her muscular structure work?
intelsana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 03:24 PM  
PhyllisG

I walked 2 or 3 miles with Leslie--every day--while doing Meta Omni and it was fine. Still got good results.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 06:45 PM  
carres1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelsana View Post
Carrie, did you have good results with using walking as cardio with her muscular structure work?
Absolutely! I have never really done just her cardio with the muscular structure work. I have never done it more than once or twice a week (I am just too sore afterwards). I do other dance workouts (i.e. Zumba), walking, kickboxing, etc. but primarily walking.

Carrie
carres1973 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abcentric, continuity, glutecentric, hipcentric, met level, omnicentric, tracy anderson results