Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-14-17, 12:25 PM  
daisyduke

Results from tae bo? Also they have streaming now

What have your results been with tae bo?

They have streaming for tae bo now... http://tv.taebotoday.com/
Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 12:44 PM  
rhbrand

Well, back in the day, when Tae Bo was brand spanking new, I got the infomercial set. I used it for a month, and lost 5lbs.

Of course I was in my late 20s early 30s ( when did it first come out) so weight was easier lost than it is now in my late 40s.

I'm getting back into it now. I might look into the streaming. I only have a handful of the Tae Bo live vhs workouts.
Old 10-14-17, 01:19 PM  
wendug

Let me just say I love Taebo! I've did a Taebo rotation for the month of September and although I only lost 2 pounds (I've hit a plateau!), my arms and shoulders look great and I lost 1 1/4 inches off my lower abs! My legs have shaped up nicely and they are so much stronger! I feel energized doing Billy's workouts and have amazing balance now! I do not have Taebo TV as I have so many of his workouts and there are tons available on YouTube. If you haven't done a Taebo workout lately, I really enjoy his newer offerings with the dojo set. There are a few of them to try and some available on YouTube. Basically still the same moves but they get results! I'm continuing with my Taebo workouts but now adding in some Jari Love and Slim Series to the mix.
Old 10-14-17, 01:45 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Tae Bo definitely kicks my butt ! I haven't done it in a while but I know it's one of my go-to's if I feel I need to lose a couple of vanity pounds! Just 2-3x a week for maybe 2 weeks max and I feel like 'brand new'!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-17, 05:20 PM  
Sharaz

I did a Taebo workout last Wednesday (GET RIPPED 1) I started a new rotation and have a cardio only day during the week.

I have not done Taebo in years! I enjoyed the workout very much. I like Billy and the music. It is a fun way to do cardio for me. Since this rotation is pretty intense, I can make myself to do Taebo because once I start I'm finishing for sure

ETA
I cannot speak about results but punching works the back and arms. I used 1 pound dumbbells. Thinking on buying weighted gloves. The kicks works the legs. There is a high emphasis on balance which works the core. I barely work my abs directly, I do a lot of boxing and kickboxing.
Old 10-14-17, 05:39 PM  
geojill

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyduke View Post
What have your results been with tae bo?

They have streaming for tae bo now... http://tv.taebotoday.com/
Has anyone tried it?

Thanks in advance
Holy crap!! I can't believe it has all the live basics and advanced! Those along with the Get Ripped were my absolute favorites. I may have to sign up for a couple of months, especially since I'll be going on a cruise in a few months. Now that the tendonitis in my elbow is doing better, I should be okay.

Anyway, to answer your question, the best shape I've ever been in my entire life was when I was doing tae bo on a regular basis. I love everything about it except for some of the music (the lives didn't bother me, but pretty much everything from Billy's Bootcamp set and beyond did), but I will turn down the volume and put on a playlist on Pandora. I feel thoroughly worked out, and Billy's counting and uneven sides don't bother me. Oh, and I hate floor work abs, so it's great
Old 10-15-17, 11:08 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Holy crap!! I can't believe it has all the live basics and advanced! ... I may have to sign up for a couple of months, ...
the best shape I've ever been in my entire life was when I was doing tae bo on a regular basis.
I agree with all of that! I lost weight and had slim, toned legs and arms. I am def signing up!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 06:14 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer View Post
I agree with all of that! I lost weight and had slim, toned legs and arms. I am def signing up!
Me three! The Tae Bo Lives - 2 to 3 times a week - in the 90's - really leaned me out without any dread factor! I had runners knee and couldn't find any other cardio workout that got my heart rate up without compromising my knees. I saw major core tightening, awesome arms and back. The music and fast pace kept me engaged - I never clicked with Tae Bo's other more recent DVD offerings. It would be great if Billy would produce or record new live workouts for his streaming site. Seems that other instructors are able to provide quality music on their streaming sites - this would be a plus for these workouts also!
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 08:34 PM  
woodie

I was trying to figure out what to do tomorrow. Taebo it is!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 07:57 AM  
geojill

Thank you so much for mentioning the streaming site! I started my Monday with live basic 1 and it was a fantastic way to start my week! I forgot how much I enjoy doing all of the live workouts. There's nothing better for getting someone into shape than for them to have exercise that is fun and that they enjoy doing. Take THAT peri menopausal weight gain!!