Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-10-17, 01:17 PM  
woodie

Body Step

Hi ladies!

How does Body step compare to someone like Amy Bento Ross?

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 01:41 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

The choreography tends to be much simpler in Body Step/Power Step/Group Blast workouts. Each song is a "track" which has a specific focus (power, recovery, lower strength focus, agility, etc.) and is broken into rounds. Round one might be everything on a left lead, round two, everything on a right lead, etc. If you're a choreography hound you'll want to look elsewhere. If you're looking for some solid step with simpler combos where you can focus and push the heart rate or the strength, Body Step will be right up your alley.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-17, 03:35 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I totally agree with Sabine. Each segment of the BodyStep workouts has a "focus" which can be warmup, orientation, peak, strength, recovery, etc. They teach you a combo which is repeated multiple times through the segment or track.

The plus side is the music is usually really good and matches the movement well. It's not by the original artists but it still sounds great.

I'm very choreography challenged and even I can usually get about 90% of a "new to me" BodyStep workout. So if you like complex choreography like Amy Bento, you might not like it as much.
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 08:46 AM  
ChelePA

Where can you get these workouts?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 09:20 AM  
Malia

Les Mills on Demand or on Ebay. They're expensive to buy, though - usually upwards of $50. I've been watching this listing just for fun (I know it will go way out of my price range).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Les-Mills-Bo...3D152539086410
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-17, 12:12 PM  
Sarakt

BodyStep workouts now streaming

You can try a few workouts at lesmillsondemand.com. They have a 10 day free trial!
Sarakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-17, 04:39 PM  
woodie

Thank you so much for this info!

New Butisattva

woodie
woodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-17, 05:41 PM  
TX Michelle

I do Body Step for a lot of my cardio these days and just wanted to chime in with a couple of thoughts. One thing I really like in these workouts that I don't get a lot of other places is the speed and agility training. In the 70/30 version, there is always a track done on a 4 in. platform where you work double time, moves like fast feet, freeze knees, etc. I find it has strengthened my ankles and feet as well as provided some brain training with the quick movement patterns. Another thing to know is that more recent releases have an Athletic version that includes things like burpees and mountain climbers. I like the way they are incorporated into the routines, but if they're not your cup of tea, that's something else to consider. I'm not sure which version Les Mills loads to their On Demand site. I also second the comment about great music--much better than a lot of what you get on other DVDs these days.

I hope that's helpful. Would love to know what you think of it if you decide to try it!
--Michelle

Tags
body step