Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-16-16, 07:42 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I believe they are filmed workouts and Cassie gives you streaming access. If I recall the streaming access never expires.

Jennifer you mentioned Zuzka in your op. Do you think these have comparable intensity?? Who is Kayla Itsines? Btw congratulations on your results!!!
Thank you!

I think these are pretty comparable to Zuzka because you are supposed to push yourself to the max. It is definitely more cardio than toning, but there are some toning moves included, so that may give you a bit more of a breather than a straight cardio Zuzka circuit.

Kayla Itsines is the genius behind the Bikini Body Guide. She is a social media sensation. Her guide is also in ebook form. I have started her guide two times and wimped out after a couple weeks both times! On paper it looks like no big deal, but those workouts are no joke. I'm actually hoping when I complete PIIT 28 I will be better able to actually complete a BBG rotation!
Old 03-16-16, 07:45 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherimac View Post
I think this is correct. From what I have see. People posting on IG, plus the free PIIT workouts she did for YT, there seems to be quite a bit of impact and lots of burpees/mountain climbers.
You are correct. There is a lot of impact, but Cassey gives modifications for all the moves as well.

Normally I DESPISE high impact workouts, but for some reason these are really clicking for me. I am absolutely amazed that I am doing jumping lunges and not modifying. This is a first for me. And I've noticed the more I do them the less I dread them. I used to get major dread factor with any workouts that included high impact moves, but I actually look forward to these!
Old 03-16-16, 07:47 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I'm glad you're such great results! Keep it up!

I just wanted to say that it was mentioned on here a little while back, I think it looks awesome, and I wish she'd put the program on dvd, my internet connection is not the best for streaming.

ETA: http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=214680
Thanks for the link! I did a tag search for it but nothing came up. Guess I should have just searched thread titles! LOL!
Old 03-16-16, 07:57 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Thanks for the link! I did a tag search for it but nothing came up. Guess I should have just searched thread titles! LOL!
You're welcome! I had to google it, a tag search dind't work. I just checked now and I see it is not tagged.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 09:09 PM  
hotncmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
It is an ebook, but once you purchase you get access to videos as well. However, Cassey only goes through the moves one time on the video, so you would have to go back to the beginning of the video three more times to complete the entire workout. I used the videos just to make sure I was doing the moves correctly, but now I just have the workouts printed out and in a notebook.

Also, forgot to mention...Cassey added an interval timer to her Blogilates app. It's only $1.99 I think, and I LOVE it! You can enter the name of each move and it shows up on the screen so you always know what move you are supposed to be doing.
I'm disappointed that these are not full-length workouts. I was really interested. I'm also not so fond of repeating circuits. I was interested and I watched her PIIT videos on Youtube but I think not having the full-length workouts (and not disclosing that they are just demos) is a deal-breaker.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-16, 09:49 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

thanks everyone!
eventmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-16, 12:28 PM  
sharkee

Thanks for all the info, my knees are not liking high impact anymore so I think I will probably pass
Old 03-20-16, 03:53 PM  
daisyfit

These workouts are simply the best. I'm converted, the difference in my body from doing the pit 28 workouts for the past three weeks have been great.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-16, 09:15 AM  
muffins135

Can I use my iPad for these workouts
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-16, 08:17 AM  
hotncmom

OK, I've got my eye on these again and I'm wondering if the Youtube workouts are part of the official PIIT "set" or if they were filmed separately as examples. In other words, if I do the Youtube ones, will I see them again if I pay for the program?

I think I'm going to float a trial balloon out there and try the Youtube PIIT workouts for 2 weeks just to see what happens. If I like them, I will purchase the program. I really appreciate that she has the free Youtube workouts out there so I can try them out first.

Last but not least, do you have any more results to report?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cassey ho, piit, piit 28, pilates