Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-15, 07:49 AM  
Vee

I appreciate what she has done, but I also think she gives more attention to those comments than they deserve. Firstly, she is a slender, fit girl who looks letter than the average woman would after photoshopping. More importantly, body-shamers are shallow, superficial, spiteful people. A better message to put out would be that their comments are not worth sparing a second over.

Working at being kind, talented, responsible is so much more important than meeting some kind of body ideal. I wish women who are multi-faceted would base their self worth on all dimensions of themselves. We should be immune to pressure from this ridiculous segment of society that places such a disproportionate value on appearance.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 08:48 AM  
hotncmom

I'm really cynical about her approach. This isn't the first time she's called attention to herself in this way. She always looks great and she should ignore the childish comments. Instead, she posts and claims that people are trying to put her down and then all of her fans start gushing over how great she looks. Except this time she has created a video to go along with it.

I think she's just an opportunist and trying to jump on the healthy body image bandwagon. She's probably got a social media manager who can nip those comments in the bud and she would never have to read them. Instead, she's capitalizing on them and using them to draw more attention to herself.
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 09:00 AM  
bubbles76

I don't know hotncmom. I don't follow Cassy, but I don't really think she is fishing for compliments. I think that by calling attention to the comments, she is seeking for people to have intelligent conversations about a multitude of thing: (1) how cyber bullying is bad (2) how one should accept what their body is and isn't (3) how photoshop can be a bad thing if taken out of hand (4) how people should think twice before making certain comments online. (5) how even people who appear to be so confident and happy have their own insecurities and battles to fight. I know that I have to remind myself of #5 a lot. And to just say "develop a tough skin, you knew what field you were getting into and what criticisms would come your way" is true, but not everyone can be on their A game 100% of the time.

I think that if she wasn't a person making a living off how she looks maybe it wouldn't sting so bad. Maybe making the video DOES give her attention, but it has the bigger side affect of making people think about different issues.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-15, 10:29 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
.... I think that by calling attention to the comments, she is seeking for people to have intelligent conversations about a multitude of thing: (1) how cyber bullying is bad (2) how one should accept what their body is and isn't (3) how photoshop can be a bad thing if taken out of hand (4) how people should think twice before making certain comments online. (5) how even people who appear to be so confident and happy have their own insecurities and battles to fight. I know that I have to remind myself of #5 a lot. ....
Well said, Bubbles! That's how I took Cassey's video response as well! I agree with what many have said already, that most negative comments must come from miserable or immature people!..

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body image, cassey ho