Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-14, 06:19 PM  
holliholli915

I Was Wrong About Blogilates

So, I've started adding several Blogilates segments to the end of my TA workouts, particularly those for the inner thighs because it never seems like TA works them. Anyway, I've been very surprised by how tough the workouts are and how similar they are to TA. And, if you have the strength to get through some of the "song challenges" multiple times, it rivals TA.

I definitely used to think that Blogilates was for extremely beginner and frou frou types (no offense if that's you, it's just not what I'm looking for). But, I have been proven wrong. Plus, she has an incredible number of videos for every body part on YouTube.

Am I the only one just discovering how tough these workouts are? I knew she was popular, just didn't think the style would be very effective. ETA: here are results from her plans - http://www.blogilates.com/blog/category/beforeandafter/. Yep, she's legit.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 08:07 PM  
js70

I just started her workout today. I discovered her 3 days ago just trying to find some stretching workout. I saw she had many mini workouts so I tried the inner thigh workout and one for butt where she was in London. It was so hard and a really great workout. I might try to come up with a rotation using her workout with Dreambody.
js70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 08:27 PM  
Cybersparkle

lol yeah, with Cassey dont let the sweetness fool you She'll hand you killer DOMS with a smile!

I am a proud low intensity leveler for life. I can only do blogilates in moderation, but I know I will get a workout of the highest caliber when I do her workouts. She knows what she is doing for sure. Enjoy!
Cybersparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-14, 08:32 PM  
Gatorfan76

Talking

Cassey Ho is amazing !! I absolutely love Blogilates :-)

Her abs/core workouts are my favorite but she has so many workouts that will tone you from head to toe ;-)
Old 05-27-14, 10:32 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I love how Cassey has so many free workouts on youtube. They are tougher than they look.
Old 05-27-14, 10:49 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

My 13 year old just discovered Blogilates last night. She said, "I just did this YouTube workout and it was so much harder than what we do in athletics!" (Probably not harder....just different...but still...)
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-14, 10:54 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I love Cassey - and I can't keep up with a lot of her videos. She's so upbeat and fun. Plus I have deep admiration for those few who put out quality stuff for no cost. I'm lucky to be able to afford most of the DVDs I want, but I know not everyone can.

In one of my favorites of hers, right in the middle of the workout, she discovers a spider on her mat and starts squishing the hell out of it with one of her weights. And she's so cute the whole time.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 09:42 AM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
I love Cassey - and I can't keep up with a lot of her videos. She's so upbeat and fun. Plus I have deep admiration for those few who put out quality stuff for no cost. I'm lucky to be able to afford most of the DVDs I want, but I know not everyone can.

In one of my favorites of hers, right in the middle of the workout, she discovers a spider on her mat and starts squishing the hell out of it with one of her weights. And she's so cute the whole time.
This just about sums up her workouts in general: they're cute but a killer!

I've been very impressed overall and like that I can add parts on to other workouts. This is especially good for those of us with workout ADD! The options are limitless!
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 12:57 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Aww, poor spider.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-14, 08:44 PM  
mandie123

I love her workouts!
mandie123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blogilates, pop pilates