Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-02-14, 08:16 AM  
Ann1964

Oh cool wlil sign up when I get home today.
Work is blocking portions of and can't see all of sign in prompts.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 09:36 AM  
Vee

I am not impressed with grokker.

I tried viewing a few yoga workouts and some under the fitness section. They were all so bad, I Joni O'd even the preview and lost interest in the site. I would try to delete my user account, except I don't even want to spend time doing that.

Years of working out with DVDs has spoilt me. I need everything to be high quality/professional - the workout, the set, the instructor, the production. I am investing my time to work out and I value my time too much to settle for something less than stellar because it is free.

Sorry! No offence meant to people who liked the videos. Just not my thing. Or perhaps the ones I chose to preview were the bottom of the barrel.
Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 10:25 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

I did two of the yoga practices one yesterday and one today and thought they were pretty good - were they groundbreaking? no, but I felt the two I did were equal to what you may find on a pay site or a DVD - maybe you just got a "clinker" Vee!

I will try some more this weekend.

I know one of the practices I did was the Yoga for Athletes Strength & Mobility Practice 1, and I did another yesterday that was a "warm-up" type practice both practices were short, under 20 minutes, due to my time limits!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 11:30 AM  
Missiscipi

I love this guys stuff! http://grokker.com/fitness/expert/le...16aaf45d0001d8
Le Jon Guillory. I did the crazy legs workout, Lower Body 109 and Upper Body 109. I have serious doms this week
Missiscipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 03:26 PM  
winnie_p
VF Supporter

My favorites have been the yoga by Siri Peterson: http://grokker.com/yoga/expert/siri-...9a00ee6700000b

For me, I was actually getting exactly what I wanted and can't easily find in a DVD. I don't think anyone should settle for something that doesn't click with them just because it's free, but there are so many options and instructors on the site that I can't imagine finding something really great if you dig a little. The videos marked "Premium" are their original content. My gripes are that navigation of the site can be tricky (but the error page was funny). I also really hate the name of the site. I may have lucked out finding and liking the instructor above.

I am sure they will have to charge at some point. I read an article saying that they had 5.5 million dollars in investors' money for the start-up venture.
winnie_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-14, 05:44 PM  
donnamp

Winnie,

I think one of the practices I did and liked was with Siri,too! I may try to do more of hers over the weekend.

I liked both the practices I did so far -and, I do agree, just b/c it is free, doesn't mean you have to use it or like it, but it is nice to find something you like that is free (even if free may be temporary - hopefully not - I was actually wondering if maybe some of the people on the videos pay to have their stuff on the site as a way of getting more business/interest in their work?)

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, free workouts, streaming