Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-14, 03:20 PM  
twinkletoes

Barre3 vs Physique 57

For those that have done both...which do you like better, and why?

I don't know if I'll actually buy either one (although the QVC deal is tempting) but I'd like to hear some opinions on them. Thanks!
Old 03-26-14, 03:30 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Physique 57, fer shur! Of course, you knew I was going to say that.

P57 is just much more dynamic and IMO more challenging that Barre3. I think Barre3 puts out some very solid workouts, but they're just not as fun and high energy as P57.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 03:45 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Physique 57, fer shur! Of course, you knew I was going to say that.

P57 is just much more dynamic and IMO more challenging that Barre3. I think Barre3 puts out some very solid workouts, but they're just not as fun and high energy as P57.
+1 - I have serious dread with Barre 3.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 03:49 PM  
cherimac

For me, right now, it's Barre3 and SBF. They go at a more controlled pace and have impeccable form pointers and modifications. I am not advanced in barre at all so these meet my needs.

Sadie and Suzanne both approach barre from a therapeutic standpoint and that's helped my flexibility, etc. When I've
done barre longer I do plan to add in P57.
Old 03-26-14, 03:53 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I think it's all in what you are looking for. After decades of doing hard workouts, I am at the point where I don't really want to do super challenging workouts anymore.

That being said, I find Barre3 workouts more accessible than Physique 57 workouts, mainly because the Physique 57 workouts move so quickly. I often feel like I'm flaying around trying to do a move in Physique 57. A lot of that, if not all of it, I'm sure is a learning curve - no question it's steeper with Physique 57, than with Barre3.

I find Barre3 workouts relaxing and challenging at the same time. There is absolutely no dread factor for me with their workouts. If I don't feel like working to my max, I can easily dial it back with a Barre3 workout. I don't know if that's as easy to do with Physique 57.

They are both well constructed, well instructed, workouts.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 04:00 PM  
Stephanie_B

I like the energy from P57 and I actually do feel there are a lot of pointers in it.

I keep trying to like B3, trying online and the DVDs. I just find the majority of it dull, and I LIKE Callanetics and Bar Method which most find dull. I watch the clock.

That said both have online videos, although you'll have to pay for it at P57. I'd try both and see what clicks with you.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 04:06 PM  
PhyllisG

Love P57. Barre3 not so much. .Love the energy of P57 and I think they give great form pointers. I think P57 is more challenging and more fun. I traded Barre3
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 04:24 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
I like the energy from P57 and I actually do feel there are a lot of pointers in it.

I keep trying to like B3, trying online and the DVDs. I just find the majority of it dull, and I LIKE Callanetics and Bar Method which most find dull. I watch the clock.

That said both have online videos, although you'll have to pay for it at P57. I'd try both and see what clicks with you.
Oh gosh, I find Callanetics and Bar Method as dull as watching paint dry, yet I love Barre3. Isn't life interesting?

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-14, 04:25 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I like Barre3 vs. Physique 57. I think it depends on if you already have great core strength and if you like to move fast vs. more controlled. When I started Barre3 I worked out for years doing ab workouts from many instructors. I never really felt my lower abs until I started working with Barre3. Now I can take what I learned in Barre3 and apply to tonique and many other workouts. Sorry ... I digress.... I think if you just want a fun faster moving Barre workout Physique 57 would be something you would like. If you would like to really pay attention to form and balanced body workouts I would go with Barre3. I always feel relaxed after Barre3 no matter how hard I worked. I do both streaming and QVC.
Old 03-26-14, 04:27 PM  
Stephanie_B

Arrow

Carol it is. Weirder still I am meh about Dailey Method and can't stand Pure Barre.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre3, p57, physique 57, sadie lincoln