Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-13, 08:57 PM  
kila

Zropes DVD?

I'm interested in the Zropes DVD, but was wondering for those who have the workout what do you think about using the workout without a jump rope? Would it be worth it? Maybe I could sub some light handweights? I just keep picturing my little one who likes to come in and out when I workout getting cracked in the face with a jump rope. Thanks.
kila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-13, 08:14 AM  
fitjen

I've wondered the same thing....maybe those hand ropes like JNL uses? I'll just be honest - using a really jump rope has never been one of my strong points, even though I can do the motions without the ropes perfectly!
Old 09-05-13, 08:28 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I just did this for the third or fourth time today - gosh I am LOVING Zropes!

Anyway, I don't see any reason why you can't do this without a jump rope. In fact, in one of the workouts she does one leg hops with the rope, but I just modify by doing them without the rope. I think a cordless-rope or light dumbbells, or nothing at all, would be fine with these!
Old 09-05-13, 02:45 PM  
kila

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitjen View Post
I've wondered the same thing....maybe those hand ropes like JNL uses? I'll just be honest - using a really jump rope has never been one of my strong points, even though I can do the motions without the ropes perfectly!

Yes I have not jumped rope in years. I have one of those older adjustable jump ropes with the nylon rope. Haven't busted that out in years. But like you I'm very skilled at imaginary jump rope.
Old 09-05-13, 02:46 PM  
kila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I just did this for the third or fourth time today - gosh I am LOVING Zropes!

Anyway, I don't see any reason why you can't do this without a jump rope. In fact, in one of the workouts she does one leg hops with the rope, but I just modify by doing them without the rope. I think a cordless-rope or light dumbbells, or nothing at all, would be fine with these!
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm going to go ahead an order the DVD and try it out. I like the idea that it is not all jumping rope.
Old 09-05-13, 02:59 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kila View Post
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm going to go ahead an order the DVD and try it out. I like the idea that it is not all jumping rope.
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I love how she adds in lots of other exercises (burpees, pushup variations, jump lunges, some weighted work) to break up the jump roping.
Old 09-06-13, 02:18 PM  
jessicarobin

how do you order theses?
jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-13, 03:01 PM  
gladgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
You're welcome! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! I love how she adds in lots of other exercises (burpees, pushup variations, jump lunges, some weighted work) to break up the jump roping.
What type of flooring do you do this on?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-13, 03:05 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarobin View Post
how do you order theses?
You can order them from Amazon.com under "Available from these sellers." Watch it Now Entertainment is the distributer.
Old 09-06-13, 03:09 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
What type of flooring do you do this on?
I am very lucky to have the room available to have a large (8' x 10') high density blue gymnastics mat, and do all of my workouts barefoot. The only time I ever wear sneakers is for outdoor running/biking and indoor cycling.

I used to work out with sneakers on carpet, and can't express how much better the mat is for all of my workouts. But especially something like Zuzka where there's a lot of up/down movements.