Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-13, 08:53 PM  
hotncmom

Pop Pilates DVD - weird menus

I have been trying to get the menu for the different body part workouts to work and it seems like it just goes to each individual exercise instead of playing all the exercises in that section. Is it just me? It's driving me crazy! If I want to put together a workout for the butt and legs, for instance, I want to choose butt and play through all 4 (or however many there are) exercises, and then choose thighs and play through. It doesn't seem to be working, though. And besides that, it looks like some of the exercises may repeat in other sections.

Maybe I should just be brave and try the whole darn workout?
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 08:59 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Ugh, I hope this isn't an issue. I got it as a gift during mary's sale and I only asked for that one BECAUSE of the short segments I could use as add ons. don't want to do the whole workout. I hope the issue gets resolved and there is some trick to it. Sorry u are dealing with that, I understand how frustrating that must be.
Old 04-10-13, 09:05 PM  
hotncmom

Well, there is a little chart insert with photos and the names of the 40 different exercises. So I suppose if it is chaptered well, I could look at the chart and pick and choose by hitting the chapter button.

I do know one thing. The DVD features/menus do not work worth a darn on my laptop using Windows Media Center. I wanted to just FF through the workout but it wouldn't let me. Had to pull it out and go put it in the Blu-Ray.

Also, some of the editing was choppy on the Interactive Exercise Library. Like, it would start playing when she had already started the exercise.
Old 04-10-13, 09:07 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Yes, this DVD has weird menu. You can't select abs/core section, and do all exercises in that chapter. After each exercise, you have to go back and select the next exercise from the menu. It's a total deal breaker for me, and I don't ever want to touch that DVD again. Too bad, because the workout seems good, but I don't want to have to do the entire DVD, and can't be bothered with the weird menu.
Old 04-10-13, 09:13 PM  
MamaBecca

I agree -- hate the menu on this disc. I wouldn't even mind having to go back to the menu between segments if the menu wasn't so slow to load -- all that animation ends up taking a long time!

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-13, 09:19 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Ah! I hate returning things, i try to never return to mary, but this will need to go back. At least I didn't open the package yet. Thank you for posting. I hope she can resell since it is unopened. Its going back. I've only returned something one other time.
Old 04-11-13, 07:54 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Oh no. I ordered this from Mary, I've been wanting it for awhile. I always do pilates in short segments. Agh. This is very disappointing. So say I didn't pick an exercise off the menu, I just start playing it as if I was going to do the whole thing. So if I wanted to skip a certain exercise, it would go back to the menu? Or would it let me skip to the next?
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-13, 08:09 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I can't answer that. I was so irritated by not being able to do the abs/core section by itself, that I Joni O'd the dvd and never tried it again. I want to spend my time working out and not waste it by picking out exercises one-by-one.
Old 04-11-13, 08:12 AM  
hotncmom

I'm going to try to see if you can at least chapter skip from one exercise to the next. She has an insert to the DVD that lists all the exercises in order with photos. If that works, it may be worth keeping.

You would think they would QA the DVD before duplication. Wish it had a matrix option.

ETA: If you look at the DVD insert for the order of the exercises, chapter skip does work if you start playing the total body workout. It's not perfect, sometimes it comes in a few seconds into the exercise, but it's way better than trying to use that Interactive Exercise Library. The weirdest thing about that is that after it does the exercise you choose, it doesn't bring you back to the menu again, it just keeps moving through the rest of the workout in the regular order. I think I will just use the Total Body workout and chapter skip through the things I don't want to do.
Old 04-11-13, 11:31 AM  
pcdoctor01

Maybe someone should email Casey and let her know so that maybe a 2nd corrected set can be made for future buyers.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pop pilates