Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-12, 12:00 PM  
edensmom

I was planning on starting this on Monday (next). I thought I might start on week 3. The no cardio thing would be tough! I thought I could walk or something light bc I can't take all those days off (in order to maintain consistency). Hadn't really decided to use the meal plan or not. Month two and three look right up my alley. I think it will be easy to adapt to home. I have bands I can anchor as well as barbells and a pull up bar etc. I am not opposed to subbing an alternate exercise for the same muscle group if an exercise can't be easily adapted. I know that bugs some people though.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 12:02 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Where's F1mom? I know she was doing it for a while and it worked well for her. I checked it out and it looks good. I just can't get organized enough to follow paper workouts!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 12:18 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusgirl View Post
Pat, how long did you follow and what results, if any, did you notice in your body?
LotusGirl, I was on her plan religiously for four, maybe five weeks (not any food plan or supps, just exercise). The first thing I noticed was that the combos really pushed me out of my comfort zone. My workouts took longer but they really hit my muscles thoroughly and in some different areas. The main thing I remember noticing was increases in strength. I didn't take measurments or photos or anything but I was feeling good doing them, then I just got tired of the gym and wanted to enjoy my home media.

As usual I'm a victim of too many videos and too many exercise modalities that I want to do! By the way, this wasn't her LiveFit plan, it was an earlier Bodybuilding.com plan.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 12:59 PM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
LotusGirl, I was on her plan religiously for four, maybe five weeks (not any food plan or supps, just exercise). The first thing I noticed was that the combos really pushed me out of my comfort zone. My workouts took longer but they really hit my muscles thoroughly and in some different areas. The main thing I remember noticing was increases in strength. I didn't take measurments or photos or anything but I was feeling good doing them, then I just got tired of the gym and wanted to enjoy my home media.

As usual I'm a victim of too many videos and too many exercise modalities that I want to do! By the way, this wasn't her LiveFit plan, it was an earlier Bodybuilding.com plan.
Pat, thank you for responding! I'm like you - I have many workout interests, so it's hard for me to stick with one thing. However, I can stick with something, even if it's time consuming, for short periods, especially if I'm seeing results and feeling good. I would love to be strong again, so that's good to hear that you noticed your strength gains!
Old 07-16-12, 01:31 PM  
muffins135

The nice thing about Live Fit Trainer is that it is FREE!!
muffins135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-12, 04:26 PM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffins135 View Post
For those that have followed the workout plan and meal plan the results have been fantastic. I didn't do the plan as getting to a gym is too difficult. I think one of the hardest things for people is no cardio for the first month of the program but as I said if you stick with the results are great!
muffins135 - thanks for this information! I'm still waiting for my FB request to be added. I love the idea of not having to do cardio! I enjoy walking, but everything else is a struggle for me when it comes to cardio. I love weights, especially free weights. I'm so encouraged by your comments - hoping that this is THE plan for me!
Old 07-16-12, 04:30 PM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Where's F1mom? I know she was doing it for a while and it worked well for her. I checked it out and it looks good. I just can't get organized enough to follow paper workouts!
Pratima, I'm okay with paper workouts once I get a plan. When I'm adding a new exercise is when I get flustered. I was looking through the NROL4W and the other NROL and trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. Years ago I did the Body for Life plan and loved it - so simple and effective.

I'll search around for F1mom on the threads and see if I can find her postings - thanks!
Old 07-17-12, 12:46 PM  
F1mom

I'm here!

I did LiveFit Trainer for about month and followed the nutrition plan. I got really, really good results and that's what made me unafraid to lift heavy or to eat more. It was hard doing no cardio at first but I kinda cheated by talking a walk with my babies or doing a short walking workout just to get moving. Even without the walking I lost inches though the scale didn't move that much. I also found I needed heavier weights in a really short amount of time. And of course, it's FREE.

The downside is that I didn't have much of a rythym without music and someone else working out at the same time. I also think you definitely need gym equipment sooner rather than later even with substitutions for home exercisers. I decided to buy Body Beast so I could resume heavy lifting but with something geared towards the home exerciser who wouldn't have a lot of equipment.

HTH!
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 06:46 PM  
edensmom

Gosh, I am really hoping to avoid going in my basement to work out BUT we have a big ol' gym thing where I can do leg extensions, hamstring curls, lat pull downs, tricep pull downs, biceps curls etc. It is just so dreary down there and the equipment is surrounded by a whole bunch of random stuff. Very uninspiring. I think I am really lucky though because nearly anything a person could want for a home workout, I have a version of.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-12, 06:57 PM  
lotusgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1mom View Post
I'm here!

I did LiveFit Trainer for about month and followed the nutrition plan. I got really, really good results and that's what made me unafraid to lift heavy or to eat more. It was hard doing no cardio at first but I kinda cheated by talking a walk with my babies or doing a short walking workout just to get moving. Even without the walking I lost inches though the scale didn't move that much. I also found I needed heavier weights in a really short amount of time. And of course, it's FREE.

The downside is that I didn't have much of a rythym without music and someone else working out at the same time. I also think you definitely need gym equipment sooner rather than later even with substitutions for home exercisers. I decided to buy Body Beast so I could resume heavy lifting but with something geared towards the home exerciser who wouldn't have a lot of equipment.

HTH!
Thanks so much! I'm a little freaked out about the "no cardio" in the beginning, just because I'd had success in the past with a cardio/weights combination. However, I'm willing to give it a shot and see what happens because at 47, I'm not worried about too much muscle anymore!

Tags
free workouts, jamie eason, livefit, nrolfw