Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-16-11, 09:18 AM  
anne

Similar to Brazil Butt Lift?

Which workout dvds, if any, are similar to the Brazil Butt Lift system? I'm hoping that some of the dvds I already own are similar so that I could put something together. Is the cardio in the system dancey or more basic like in Karen Voight? Are there floor exercises or standing exercises or a combination for the lower body? Are the exercises like barre or ballet or The Firm?
Thanks.
anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-11, 10:02 AM  
alisoncooks

Here's a thread that may be helpful:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...tt+lift+Brazil

Brazil Butt Lift includes:
High & Tight ~ standing work and floor work, using band/ankle weights. Some traditional (like leg lifts and clams, some ballet-inspired like plies and Arabesque)
Bum Bum ~ near cardio-paced standing work (lots of squat variations, calf work on tip toes, etc)
Cardio Axe ~ dancy, Latin-based cardio
Tummy Tuck ~ very short ab workout (like 15 min)
Sculpt ~ total body toning (about an hour, uses weights)

So it'd be pretty easy to mimic the rotation (the exact rotations are also posted on VF somewhere). Here are some suggestions of possible substitutions:

High & Tight: ExerciseTV Bootylicious Buns, Original Buns of Steel, Winsor Bun & Thigh Sculpting, Exhale Core Fusion Thighs & Glutes, there's a 10 minute solution with Jessica Smith that uses the toning loop (I found it similar)

Bum Bum: standing leg work from Booty Barre, part of Gilad's Power & Grace, SLK's Willpower & Grace, standing segment of Ruah Warrior, KCM's Body Training (standing portion), Fernanda's Brazilian Booty

Cardio Axe: any cardio would work (at least 30 minutes...I think C.A. is around 30 min.)

Tummy Tuck: there are several 10 Minute Solution videos that would probably fill this need since this is a short (maybe 15 min) workout

Sculpt: Any approx. 45-60 min. toning workout (probably lighter weight/higher rep would be best). I think total body barre workouts would be great here, like P57.

If you do a search, the thread "Brazil Butt Lift is here" (I think it's called) has detailed breakdowns of each move/workout. HTH.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-11, 09:00 PM  
JENILU

Thats awesome Allison - thankyou for that!! i am getting this in a trade soon, and this is useful if you like a certain one- becouse now I could find more like each one that I like!! (oh dear, say that 5 times fast)
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-11, 09:58 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Thats awesome Allison - thankyou for that!! i am getting this in a trade soon, and this is useful if you like a certain one- becouse now I could find more like each one that I like!! (oh dear, say that 5 times fast)
Aw, you're welcome! Hope you enjoy BBL!!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbl, brazil butt lift, pilates band