Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-20, 02:23 PM  
Mickey12

Yeah, ChelePA, no more boot on the foot!!! And, just wow, that you've done X77 several times?!?!! Amazing!!

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's issues though. Wow, so scary.

ManleyM, now you've got me wanting Dressed Up Drills. When does it stop?

I decided to do Amy Bento's Hi/lo Dome Challenge today. This is one of the new ones I just got. (thank you enablers) OMG, that was SO MUCH FUN!! Wow, great cardio, great music, and great choreography! It got me a little flubbed up here and there, but I was pretty much able to get all of the choreography so that made me happy. I didn't do the dome portion though, so I can't comment on that.

I just realized it's Wednesday and I haven't done any Cathe this week from the 2013 series yet. And I wanted to get some yoga in sometime soon too. Oh boy!

Great hearing from everyone!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 03:26 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
ManleyM, now you've got me wanting Dressed Up Drills. When does it stop?

I decided to do Amy Bento's Hi/lo Dome Challenge today. This is one of the new ones I just got. (thank you enablers) OMG, that was SO MUCH FUN!! Wow, great cardio, great music, and great choreography! It got me a little flubbed up here and there, but I was pretty much able to get all of the choreography so that made me happy. I didn't do the dome portion though, so I can't comment on that.
Ha! Ha! I wish I knew when it stopped!! BTW, your timing is perfect! I JUST closed a tab reading about Hi/Lo Dome Challenge because that is one I didn't buy and have been wondering if it's good or not. I'm glad you liked it! Now I'm on the hunt!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 04:17 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Wednesday

I am on week three of the challenge and each week I like it more. Today, was a chest/back and abs day. I subbed Cathe's bonus Butts and Guts DVD ab routine for the challenge abs. I am revisiting all of Cathe's DVD ab workouts. My muscle definition especially in my back shoulder and rear delts is really quite good since beginning her programs, my leg definition has really shown some improvement. Now if I could decrease the carbs more, my abs would also have more definition. I love all types of bread and since being home I have been doing so much more bread baking! I compiled a play list of all of them and I do one every other day. Yesterday evening I wanted to do something mellow so I did a walking on line workout retrospective walk entitled "A Look Back." Walking On Line has some of the best music.

Bee
- the power rack is a great find! I am sure you will enjoy. I know you said that you will not use it much but you can get so much use out of it. I use my Ripped 60 several times per week. I have a TRX but I use the Ripped 60 much more often. I have used the Ripped 60 workout DVDs but these days I tailor some workouts to use my Ripped 60. SSOD has some decent TRX workouts

ChelPA- that is good news and I bet you are happy to be rid of the boot. Nice birthday party! That is indeed scary about your Mom's house intruder? Does she have an alarm system.? You can set the sensors so that even if the door is unlocked, the alarm will sound. I can understand your Mom not wanting to live with her children. If you have been used to your independence for so many years, it is difficult to give that up.

Manley - Dress Up Drill- I did it once. It was not one of my favorites but not sure why I never did it again. I do know so many people really enjoy this one though.

Mickey 12 and Manelym- Yes- Hi/Lo Dome Challenge is soooo much fun! I have the DVD from when it was initially released but Manelym the full workout is on vimeo. Honestly, I wish that Amy and Uchenna would make more workouts!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 07:38 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Ha! Ha! I wish I knew when it stopped!! BTW, your timing is perfect! I JUST closed a tab reading about Hi/Lo Dome Challenge because that is one I didn't buy and have been wondering if it's good or not. I'm glad you liked it! Now I'm on the hunt!
I think this one is pretty easy to find. Good luck, it’s a boatload of fun!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 10:37 AM  
ChelePA

Thanks all for the concern and kind words.

I was hoping Cathe would offer some new Live workouts. However, they will definitely be a little different for me since I can now do some low impact stuff standing. Today I did the 8 am Live Low Impact HIIT. I really enjoy this one with the 27 different exercises. I still modified some since Cathe is never truly low impact Goes by quickly for me. I also did High Reps Upper Body and Core. Another good one! Like the variety of exercises and the music.

I saw on previous posts that others were having volume issues with bonus workouts on Facebook/YouTube. Not a problem for me. The music is about the same as her Live workouts in volume. Except the one time when a wicked storm came through and drowned out the music.

Just curioius...I've been doing more core work these days with my injured foot and my favorite instructor at the Y offering 30-45 minute workouts. I feel like my neck should be stronger at this point. Is there a way to improve in this area or do you hold your head a certain way that makes lifting it easier? Any tips would be appreciated!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 06:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Whoa, ChelePA! Holy moly all that you've had going on! I just literally cringed reading about your mom! Thank goodness that turned out as well as it did but how unbelievably scary! And I'm SO SO happy to hear your boot is off and your foot is healed and you're ready to start putting weight on that foot! Way to go, you've been here working the ENTIRE time and you're ready. You are so inspiring!

Fanofladyvols, I've missed you!! You make me laugh so hard, JOMO, FOMO, so glad you're back to keep making me laugh!!

Manleym, why, why, WHY didn't I listen to you sooner...I did Rockout Knockout today, the extreme premix that includes the bonus bag and this workout is now right up there for me with KPC. IT IS SO FUN! I simply loved it and am wondering, once again, WHY did I let this sit on my shelf for so long????

Cataddict, I'll check out Marcus! How'd your hair go? Mine feels SO MUCH BETTER, yay!!!!!

Kim and Horusosiris (and others) are killing me with all these workouts you're having fun with that I'm now stalking and trying to find! It doesn't end, does it, not ever!!!???

Bee, when I was doing the Push/Pull/Supersets premixes, I loved them but had SO many issues with my DVD freezing (on premixes only). I'm assuming you didn't have that issue? It's literally the only Cathe DVD I seem to own thus far that gives me and my cranky DVD player grief! So disappointing because those are fabulous premixes.

Gals, I'm feeling SO tied up and tight and crunchy, I think I'm gonna attempt some sort of yoga tomorrow...we'll see. Maybe it's the weird cold and rainy weather we're having these past few days! Anywho, it's almost Friday, stay fierce!! Waves to all!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 06:36 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All! Why oh why does it feel so much like Friday to me?!

Quick post, I think. This morning I did Stacked Lower Body + Butt Bible level 1. Once Mary's last sale was done, it occurred to me that I might want to add Buns of Steel to my collection, so I've been watching the daily deal at Mary's. I can't believe it, but today it's a daily deal. I know it's on youtube, but I like to be able to jump to the floor section. So I'm thinking about that and then springing for Party Rock Step #1. I feel like I would be able to catch on to the choreography eventually, so maybe. But then I realized.... I don't have Ramped Upper Body from Strong & Sweaty. Any opinions on this? I don't remember anyone talking about it, so that might be my answer. The 2 lazy for the gym review was favorable, and pointed out that Cathe doesn't have all that many total upper body dvds (if that makes sense -- more splits for upper body). So, I'm thinking on that, but trying to remember that Mary's 4th of July sale will be here soon.

Oh kittybug, that's right -- you did mention freezing issues with those premixes. I did not have that problem. There is a fairly longish pause between things, but it wasn't a freeze. Now I feel lucky!

Ok, for once I've been getting a lot done today and I'm back to it now..... a sort of quick post. Waves to all!!!
Old 05-21-20, 06:43 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Hi All! Why oh why does it feel so much like Friday to me?!

Quick post, I think. This morning I did Stacked Lower Body + Butt Bible level 1. Once Mary's last sale was done, it occurred to me that I might want to add Buns of Steel to my collection, so I've been watching the daily deal at Mary's. I can't believe it, but today it's a daily deal. I know it's on youtube, but I like to be able to jump to the floor section. So I'm thinking about that and then springing for Party Rock Step #1. I feel like I would be able to catch on to the choreography eventually, so maybe. But then I realized.... I don't have Ramped Upper Body from Strong & Sweaty. Any opinions on this? I don't remember anyone talking about it, so that might be my answer. The 2 lazy for the gym review was favorable, and pointed out that Cathe doesn't have all that many total upper body dvds (if that makes sense -- more splits for upper body). So, I'm thinking on that, but trying to remember that Mary's 4th of July sale will be here soon.

Oh kittybug, that's right -- you did mention freezing issues with those premixes. I did not have that problem. There is a fairly longish pause between things, but it wasn't a freeze. Now I feel lucky!

Ok, for once I've been getting a lot done today and I'm back to it now..... a sort of quick post. Waves to all!!!
Bee, really quick, the first time I did Ramped Up Upper Body I was like meh (don't know why) and then when I did it again, I LOVED it. I agree with 2Lazy, wishing Cathe did more total upper body splits rather than parts, so to me, this one is a must-have. But then again, so is PRS1. I'm not much help!!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 07:16 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone,

Things have been busy in the last few days and I didn't have time to write. Here, the weather has been summer-like and it feels so great. Of course, it won't last and we'll be getting rain next week!

Ramped up upper body is one of my favorite workouts. I think it works every part quite well. She uses heavier weights (like 30 lbs for 1 arm rows). The triceps section is rather long and I like that since I have weak triceps! Contrary to other workouts, the shoulder section is rather light.

I too was hoping Cathe would offer some new Live workouts. I know we shouldn't complain since they're free but, from a business point of view, the more Live workouts we try, the more chances we could find some we want to purchase!!!

Tonight I just did Live 276 All in UB since I didn't want to stay indoors too long. A good strength workout in 50 min. Just what I needed.

Enjoy your evening everyone! Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 09:26 PM  
manleym

Hey gals!

I did Lean Legs and Abs yesterday with a weighted vest and using 10 lb dumbbells and it made ALL the difference!! I'll only do it without the weighted vest if I need a recovery day. Otherwise I will always wear the weighted vest when doing LL&A. If you have a weighted vest, I would totally recommend wearing it when doing LL&A!!!

Horusosiris I checked on Vimeo and Amy's Hi Lo Dome Challenge wasn't there. But it was on Daily Motion. So I started the workout and then came the ads, which stopped the workout. Then a little later the workout just stopped for a few seconds (or minutes!) and I just could take anymore after about 4 times of this within the first 10-15 minutes. Does anyone else have trouble with this on Daily Motion? Is there a way to stop the ads and pausing? There are a ton of workouts on there, but they're going to be hard to do if they keep pausing. Grrr!!

So I found Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio on YouTube and had a BLAST! It was SO MUCH FUN!! I was grinning the whole time!! I followed it with a Cat Meffan yoga workout. So it turned out ok after all. If you haven't done Christi's Totally Hot Cardio, I would highly recommend it!!

And there is nothing that tastes or smells better than fresh, hot bread with LOTS of butter melting on it! YUM!

Kim I have found Amy's HLDC on Amazon, Ebay and at Mary's. Not sure how I missed it at Mary's. Now just waiting for the right price.

Kittybug isn't Rockout Knockout SO MUCH FUN!! It has always been a go-to for me when I just need a fun workout. Now with the heavy bag bonus it REALLY makes a difference! And glad you're hair appointment went well.

This morning I got all the way through PRS 1! YAY! I was still just using the platform but feel comfortable enough to use risers the next time I do it. Tomorrow will be Flextrain and probably Rebecca Small's step workout on YouTube.

Waves to ChelePA, KateTT, Fanofladyvols, Bee, Nathalie and Cataddict!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in