Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-20, 07:02 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Hello All!

Today I did week/two/ Day 5 of the program. It was an upper body chest/back/hiiy day. Rather than doing the hiit workout in the program. The program is so good. I love the variety. I subbed a SSOD 20-minute spin/hit workout with Bethany. My husband did treadmill runs with me rather than spinning. I was sweating at the end of that spin/hit workout.

Mickey- The first time I did In the Ring I absolutely did not like it. Others on the VF forum convinced me to give it another try. I did and I just did not dislike it as much as the second time. In the Ring is my least favorite Bento workout (besides the Hip Hop Walking and her Extreme Urban Rebounding workout). My favorite boxing workout of Amy's is Body Box.

Bee- When I saw the catchy title of the Cathe Live, I thought I would really enjoy it but sadly that was not the case.

Mickey – I love Amy's Hi/Lo workouts. The full Hi/Lo Extreme workout is on Vimeo https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x60kj4g

KatteTT- Step, Jump and Pump I on my list of favorite, fun Cathe workouts. I think that SJP is a classic! I love almost all of the Body Combat workouts. Which old one did you do?

Kittybug, Manelym, Mickey 12 – I too may join you for Party Rocking Step since I have not done either of them in a very long while.

Here is to a wonderful weekend!
I was thinking about getting Amy’s hi/lo extreme. I really liked the other one. Is this one similar in fun factor?

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 07:56 PM  
lavna

Hi everyone!

Just popping in to say hi!

Yesterday, I did RWH back, shoulders and biceps and the shoulder part one the other UB DVD. I started the triceps section but after a few reps of triceps extensions, I realised I was risking an injury. So I decided to do the double triceps premix on the S&S Ramped up UB. Much safer and I got a good workout!

I'm amazed by Cathe's triceps strength (or maybe it's MY triceps that are weak! ). She uses a 35 lbs weight for triceps extensions. And three times! No matter I hard I try to build up my strength, I'm not even close to doing the same! Of course, at 51 and post-menopausal, I know that building strength is harder (or so I've heard).

ChelePA: I don't do her FB workouts. Between her DVDs, the Live workouts I've bought and her workouts on her 4 Seasons FB page, it's enough for me. Also, like Kim said, the sound is not very good. But I think there great, especially for people who are new to Cathe. I also think it's great that they don't require any equipment.

kittybug: X77 it quite hard. I've never done it in it's entirety but I've heard that X77 is one of Cathe's toughest workouts!

bee, cataddict and manleym: Your comments on skipping abs and menopot made me smile. Glad to see I' not alone. Sometimes, when I feel I'll be tempted to skip the abs or do a short segment, I do them first!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-20, 09:17 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Today I did the Viper from the Terminator DVD and Jari's Lean Machine (the first 30 minute workout). The Viper is the "easiest" of the Terminator compilations, and I did it to include some of the Muscle Endurance exercises that didn't include leg lifts. It's a good, solid workout. I got the Jari workout at Mary's sale along with Jacked so I wanted to try it. I don't recall that this one got very good reviews, but it was a good "finisher" for me. I did the "dancier" one that had compound moves. It was tricky to follow her "on the fly" cuing but I could tell that the background exercisers had some of the same issues by the expressions on their faces. Plus I could see their mouths moving and I would have loved to hear the comments which probably mirrored my own. That said, I could pick it up well enough.

lavna, I agree about Cathe's tricep strength. Part of my problem is that I can get tendonitis and it seems to get irritated by doing certain tricep exercises---extensions in particular. The second is that my triceps aren't as strong as hers! I usually match her weight on other body part exercises or within a pound or two. Incidentally Cathe is also in her 50s, and she's proof that even if it may take more work than it may have 10 or 20 years earlier, a lot of strength can be maintained as we age.

kittybug and lavna, I haven't decided what I will do when I eventually get to X10. I've never even tried to do X77. Might have to give it a shot and modify the heck out of it when needed. Just to say I did it.

Kim, I like Amy's hi/lo and think all of the ones she did are fun! Hi/lo extreme is no different. I also like the hi/lo workout from her Hi Lo Dome Challenge which I forget about since there's also a BOSU workout on it. Amy Dixon's Breathless Body workouts can be killer for sure, but I really like that there are modifiers (and good modifiers) for each move. I usually do the most intense one except sometimes the floor ones. I don't like a whole lot of on the floor cardio moves. LOL about the music. I can't even remember the music. Probably because I was working too hard to pay attention!

horusosiris, thanks for giving feedback on the Lives that you do. They can't all be winners, I guess, but it can be disappointing if a workout isn't as fun as it sounds.

Funny but my hair actually hangs better no that it is getting long. It curls up in strange directions until it gets a certain length, then I guess it gets weighed down. I think I will be able to get it done within the next couple of weeks, and while I'll get the grey touched up I'm not sure what I will do with the length.

Waves to all! Good weekend to all!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 07:14 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
Hi everyone!

Just popping in to say hi!

Yesterday, I did RWH back, shoulders and biceps and the shoulder part one the other UB DVD. I started the triceps section but after a few reps of triceps extensions, I realised I was risking an injury. So I decided to do the double triceps premix on the S&S Ramped up UB. Much safer and I got a good workout!

I'm amazed by Cathe's triceps strength (or maybe it's MY triceps that are weak! ). She uses a 35 lbs weight for triceps extensions. And three times! No matter I hard I try to build up my strength, I'm not even close to doing the same! Of course, at 51 and post-menopausal, I know that building strength is harder (or so I've heard).

ChelePA: I don't do her FB workouts. Between her DVDs, the Live workouts I've bought and her workouts on her 4 Seasons FB page, it's enough for me. Also, like Kim said, the sound is not very good. But I think there great, especially for people who are new to Cathe. I also think it's great that they don't require any equipment.

kittybug: X77 it quite hard. I've never done it in it's entirety but I've heard that X77 is one of Cathe's toughest workouts!

bee, cataddict and manleym: Your comments on skipping abs and menopot made me smile. Glad to see I' not alone. Sometimes, when I feel I'll be tempted to skip the abs or do a short segment, I do them first!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Nathalie
Nathalie, that’s a great suggestion about doing the abs section first so you don’t skip it. I might seriously have to do that because I almost always skip the abs or on a good day, I do about the first 3 minutes of it. I know if I did ab work consistently it would get easier and I wouldn’t dread it so much. I just have to convince myself.

Kim
Old 05-16-20, 10:42 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All!

Today I plan to do the bonus day 6. Day 6 is a short optional workout and this week she provides three options for the workouts- abs, hiit or glute circuit. She also has hit and abs in the other workouts so if you choose to do the hiit on the other days she recommends to do another of the options today. We will probably go for a long walk this evening.

KateTT-maybe you will like Amy Bento this time? I have had remorse a few times so now I do not get rid of workouts unless I am absolutely sure I will never want to do it again. These days DVDs are difficult to come so I tend to keep all of my DVDs.

Kittybug- The "detail" leg day involves a mix of bodyweight exercises, barre, lower body band work, floor/mat lower body work, and finishers --leg extensions and leg curls. The other leg day is for heavier lifts - squats, presses, etc.

Cataddict- I think that this was the first Cathe Live that I really disliked. Maybe it was the mood I was in and I may eventually give it another try. Jari's Lean Machine was not one of my favorites Jari workouts. The set seemed dreary and dark to me and with so many background exercisers the set seemed a bit crowded. The set can be deal breaker for me. The workout itself was decent though.

Lavna-sometimes when I do not want to do a particular exercise in a workout I sub and do another exercise for the same body part. That saves me from having to switch workouts.

Kim- Amy Bento is one of the best with Hi/Lo workouts. I believe that you will enjoy Hi Lo Extreme. Hi Lo Dome Challenge is also good. She uses the Bosu for toning. She also uses a woody bag but you can substitute a dumbbell or a sandbag. The entire Hi/Lo Dome Challenge is on dailymotion if you want to try it (if you do a search). I love all of my Bento DVDs though because I like her NRG premixes on the DVDs.

Have a great Saturday.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 12:29 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello Fierce Athletes! Wow, your workouts..... and double workouts!!!

Nathalie, I also cannot go as heavy as Cathe does for triceps -- nor shoulder press. I can usually match other should exercise weight but when she does a press I just cannot!!

I probably should do my ab work first -- when I was doing my physical therapy stuff religiously that's how I would do it -- and there was definitely core work as part of that. Honestly I think I burned myself out on that stuff and that's why now I rebel. I did notice my core firing up quite a bit today -- I did Strong & Sweaty PHA. I love that workout!! I really tried to match Cathe's weights today (she mentioned that she goes a bit lighter in this workout ) and I felt so great when I was finished. I love that feeling!!

Yesterday I slept away an absolutely gorgeous afternoon. I usually avoid gluten but during all the pandemic craziness I've gotten very lax about it. A friend brought us some homemade sourdough bread and I think that just did me in. The gluten doesn't seem to effect my gut -- it just makes me so tired! Today is another nice looking day before we have some storm come in, so I hope to get out on my bike. Hope you all enjoy your day!!
Old 05-16-20, 12:32 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Nathalie, that’s a great suggestion about doing the abs section first so you don’t skip it. I might seriously have to do that because I almost always skip the abs or on a good day, I do about the first 3 minutes of it. I know if I did ab work consistently it would get easier and I wouldn’t dread it so much. I just have to convince myself.

Kim
Kim I always do the ab work right after the warm up.

I also have found some plank variations that work great as warmups for workouts. I'm pretty good and heated after that and go straight to the workout and skip any dedicated ab section.

And Haii to all!!

I think it will be too hard to go back and respond but know that I will go back to catch up and at least read posts.

I wanted to say that some time ago someone asked about results. My clothes are fitting better...I have pulled things in is the best way to describe. Measuring one inch less on hips and waist since I started this Catheish rotation. And I am religiously modifying Cathe, using other workouts and feeling good. Inserting band work, gentle days of yoga stretch, full rest days and mobility whenever possible.

I had to take a full week off of formal because I hurt my back gardening. (Insert curse words of your choice!) Then slowly inched back up my workouts and am back to normal achy healthy, lol. I think my recent purchase of lacrosse balls have become my new best friends

So that's a super short version of a month in the life of a fellow fierce fitness goddess who felt more like a deflated balloon for awhile. It happens...missed you all and love you guys even more than I already did! So proud of you all for keeping the party going!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-20, 12:46 PM  
Mickey12

HI LINDA!!!!!!
We love you too!!!

Kim
Old 05-16-20, 04:23 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Linda, so great to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the gardening injury!! But gosh you sound great! Great results you are having, and all while having fun -- that's the best! I meant to talk about results in my post, too. Some of you may remember me asking about how to get my leg strength back -- every time I tried lifting heavy in lower body, I was so bloody sore. Well, this last week I finally really bumped up my weights in lower body and I'm doing fine, so all this is helping me, for sure. In fact, on cross back lunges, I used to always start feeling my numbness on one side -- I think I was getting my hips out of alignment in a bad way -- well this morning, cross back lunges! I was a little hesitant, but I matched Cathe's weight and all was good. I'm very happy.
Old 05-16-20, 08:39 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Thank you, everybody, for the warm welcome . Sorry I haven't posted all week, but we finally went back to work this week and I've had to readjust to my working-all-day schedule Of course, I'm still waiting on 8 weeks of unemployment to come through but at least now I know I'll be getting a regular paycheck again.

I finally did the Back, Biceps and Abs workout from Pure Strength tonight. I loved the biceps and abs segments, but I'm not sure I got much out of the Back segment. First off, I couldn't figure out the right leverage with the T-bar rows, but maybe that will just take some practice. But there were 4 exercises for back, and all of them were done while bent/leaning over, and I find I don't feel like I can work as hard in that position, and it's pretty uncomfortable. I hate doing only pieces of a workout, but I liked the Biceps and Abs work so much that I might just do those segments from this DVD, and find another back workout. I don't normally like using bands, but I might try something using bands with the Fit Tower. Actually, I may pull out my Total Gym for back, as it provides a lot of great options for working back muscles.

Anyway, sorry I can't single everyone out here and say hello, but I don't have a laptop right now, only a tablet. I hate typing on this thing, and going back and forth to look at things is pretty impossible, so bear with me! The screen on my old laptop split, so maybe when that 2 months worth of unemployment comes through I can get a new one!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in