Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-08-20, 11:27 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Just a drive by since it's late and I need my beauty sleep! Today I did a mish mosh of Boot Camp from the Intensity series. I did a double shot of the cardio segments that also included the kickboxing that Cathe used as a lower body exercise.

Waves to all!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 07:18 AM  
lavna

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday, I did the Live at 5PM, LB/UB dumbbell challenge. And it was one form me! She moves fast from one exercice to the other and I was breathing hard even in the UB section. Overall, a good tough workout!

KateTT: Wow! You rock! Live 245 looks like fun. I'm going to look it up!

ChelePA: Butterfly situps are hard for me too. I can never keep my hands behind my head. Sometimes, I put a (heavy!) dumbbell on my feet and it helps me (a little!) in keeping my hands behind my head.

horusosiris: We're at the end of week one of reopening some stores and small businesses. I guess we will have to wait 2-3 weeks (the time for the virus to "develop") to see what the effect of that reopening will have been. There is still a lot of controversy on the reopening of schools and daycare this coming Monday outside of Montréal. People fear that's it's a little fast and that regions who are under control will see an increase of the virus. On the other hand, the authorities had to take into account the economical effects of the lockdown and other considerations. Must be such hard decisions to take. I wouldn't want to be in their shoes!

Have a good day everybody!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-20, 08:20 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

Today I did Cathe Live #68 For the Love of Cardio that I have as a purchased download followed by the Compound Weight premix from Cardio & Weights.

KateTT, I also do old Cathe with new Cathe as well (like today) since I've been doing the Lives along with my planned "old to new" Cathe rotation. Good to hear from you and good luck in your job search!

lavna, I had thought of doing the UB/LB Challenge yesterday but I was a little sore and I knew this one was tough! I'm shooting to do it at noon tomorrow depending on how I feel. So much for being fierce!

horusosiris, I am anxious to hear what you thought about your venture into Steven SanSoucie's workouts. You won't hurt my feelings if you don't care for him---different strokes and all that! The only You Tube one I've done is the first step one he put out---I have his DVD and my Cathe rotation means I've been neglecting other instructors.

kittybug, how did you like All Out Low Impact HiIT? It's actually one of my faves from that series. It had enough variety to keep my exercise ADD in check.

manleym, My red hair was more of a burgundy than red. I liked it but it was a challenge to maintain. I got pink chunky highlights too that were my favorites. Again, a challenge to maintain. I'm all about easy to maintain these days.

ChelePA, I don't think butterfly sit ups are intermediate, but I can do them. Just not too many.

bee and all you runners, good for you for doing it and it's great that you enjoy it, but nope, not for me! Unless I am being pursued by a pack of wild dogs, it's not happening for me.

Waving to all! Stay safe and healthy!
Old 05-10-20, 08:20 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Mother's Day to Everyone!

Cataddict - I did a SanSoucie intermediate /advanced step workout yesterday and I had a ball. It was such fun that I am going to do another of his step workouts one day this week.

Lavna- you are correct. They have very difficult decisions to be make and those decisions will impact so many people.

Enjoy your Day
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 11:11 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Just popping in for a moment--happy Mother's Day to all!

horusosiris, I'm so glad you enjoyed Steven's workout! Time just flies! I highly recommend the DVD he put out.

Everyone enjoy the day!
Old 05-10-20, 05:05 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hi All, and Happy Mother's Day!

This morning I did Low Impact All Out Hiit -- talked about here earlier this week. I do like this workout quite a bit. Since joining this group I always take a look at premixes now, but I ended up sticking with the workout as is. It is fun to consider premixes, so thanks for that!

cataddict, I would not call myself a runner by any stretch of the imagination, but it did feel good to be outside and doing jog intervals. I did a walking workout from Peloton yesterday. I do like the music they choose and the motivation throughout -- does make the time go quickly. I also did some of the buns of steel workout from youtube yesterday -- I wanted to see how it compares to my glute add on work. I think I may alternate them just for interest's sake.

lavna, I wouldn't want to be in any government position at any time, but especially not now. They just can't win. I did read an article about risk and it made me feel better about the risk of quick grocery trips and the like. I'm not even really doing much of that, but don't think I'll be going anything more than that any time soon.

It's a gorgeous day here -- went for a bike ride with my son. We may do another one before the end of the day. I hope everyone else has beautiful weather and time to enjoy it!!
Old 05-10-20, 07:28 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Mother's Day fierce friends! I'm not a mom-mom but I'm a furkid mom of five, so in my book, that counts!

Gals, not a good weekend! Husband's car broke down badly on the way out from a store's parking lot yesterday. Thankfully we were in a safe place when it happened, but goodness, the things we took for granted before the pandemic! Long story, but let's just say getting a tow and a ride home last night was, um, quite the time-consuming and stressful adventure.

Today was Cardio Leg Blast extreme premix of 1-12 plus 1-6 and Core #2, about 90 minutes, followed by another hot bath. This is going to be a stressful week, so I figured get it while I can!

I will say this on Xtrain (horusosiris, maybe you concur?)...the constant auto-tune in the music (that's what I'm calling it anyway) is starting to wear on me! I really think the music in her older series is SO much better than the newer ones, but I know there's lots of issues with licensing, sigh.

Manleym, the yoga from Leah I did was good but felt like it moved waaaaay too fast. I'm just a Travis long-hold junkie, so I might have to break open my stored away yoga practices soon! Crossing fingers and SI joint parts things will continue to go well, hah!

KateTT, High Reps is one of my favorites too! You'll love it!

Nathalie, I agree on the gov...they're darned if they do and darned if they don't because you can't please everyone all the time. A job I wouldn't want to have, for sure!

Cataddict, I really enjoyed AOLIH! The first section was the hardest for me, as I guess I was feeling tired by the end of the week, but the rest of it wasn't so bad at all. Those switch kicks, UG!! Anyway, the regular workout is pretty short and sweet and to the point, easy to intensify by doing a longer premix.

Bee, I'm loving hearing about your Peloton workouts! I hear you on wanting to be outside. Of course, we'll be too hot soon.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend, waves at everyone I might have missed, and stay fierce, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 07:57 PM  
horusosiris

Kittybug- You are fierce! You did a Cathe ninety minute extreme workout! So sorry to read about your car troubles. Getting tows and repairs of any kind can be very trying during this health crisis. I definitely concur with you about the music. Every time i do older workouts, I lament the lack of really good music these days. Yes, the licensing issues are real and can be very expensive if breached, so I do understand why we now have "canned" music most of the time. I have been revisiting some of Amy's workouts these past few week and she had really good music.

Today we began week 2 of the 8 week program. It was a tough lower body workout. I had planned to do a short yoga practice also but with zoom family meetings in celebration of Mother's Day, I never got around to it.

Happy Monday to All
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-20, 08:40 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

This is my first time posting to this thread because I'm not good at following check in type things but I felt this belonged here.

I ordered Pure Strength from Mary's sale. I knew it's old and dated, but I was looking for straight forward lifting and it seemed like it would fit the bill. I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps today and I loved it!! It was exactly what I've been looking for. I felt completely worked out but not worn out or bored. The dated hair and outfits didn't even register to me while I was working out. I even enjoyed the warm up, which is not normal for me.

I am looking forward to doing the other workouts on this DVD and seeing what progress I can make with this as my strength rotation.

ETA: I also like the fact that there is minimal equipment required. Today's workout only used a barbell, dumbbells and a step. I know the leg workout also uses a body bar and a high step (which I have). I like that there are no balls or bands or sliders or anything else needed.
Old 05-11-20, 10:58 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Monday friends!!! I think. The days are all kind of blurring together.

horusosiris: Every day is another day and one of them will include unemployment. I'm just happy I FINALLY just got my covid money. Whew. One more month would have been bad. But as you say, I keep smiling and plugging along.

cataddict: A little extra sleep never hurts. I sleep well at night, very little interruption but I can't seem to sleep very late. I've even tried laying in bed thinking I'll fall asleep again but I end up just getting up. I must admit I LOVE the "me" time in the a.m. with hubby still asleep and no TV blaring.

lavna: Live 245 is a blast I think!!! I hope the reopening of Canada goes really well. I'm glad you have a strong leader who actually helps his country.

cataddict: I've been trying to do my Cathe's in order by date but I seem to have missed a couple. It's all fun and all good.

bee: Our weather here in MN has still be very chilly and for the past 3 nights we've had freeze warnings! It didn't get below 34 at my house thankfully but I also don't have much planted outside yet.

kittybug: OH NO about the car!!!! Hang in there my dear! It's so tough on everyone and it doesn't help when something else 'bad' happens. You'll get through it ok! Just keep exercising and those hot baths sound perfect! And remember - you're FIERCE!

zraipel: HI!!! Glad you posted! Pure Strength is a FAB Cathe workout!! The dated-ness doesn't matter - it's a great set!

So over the weekend I did some yard work and built a raised bed. Also hauled some firewood out of the woods (I drag the big logs on a long sled).

This morning I did Cathe's High Reps. Yes very good!! Not unlike Body Pump but then again very different. Each body part is worked very well and legs get hit three times! I loved the lunges with the slider!
As per my usual, I went quite a bit heavier than Cathe but not super heavy as there are LOTS of reps. Good way to start the week.

More fun coming this week with Step Blast, Step Jump & Pump. I have never done either one of those so should be fun.

Take care girlfriends! HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in