Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-20, 09:45 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Happy Thursday all!!

ChelePA, your mom!!! Wow, I'd be worried too!

I'm wondering if anyone else here is starting to feel a bit desensitized like I am to everything virus? I think I've watched too much news...but then again, it also seems like things really are NOT calming down and yet restrictions are starting to be eased, though often arbitrarily and without any logic that I can understand...is it just me?

Nathalie, I'm with you on the hair, my goodness...I was due a month ago for a blending foil and cut. I'm growing out my natural color after years because I actually don't know what it is anymore and I'm curious. Thanks to the lock-down, I've grown out so much now the blending foil is pointless. Bright side is money will be saved, I suppose, when salons do open again!

And cataddict, I was thinking the same with Nathalie...yes, please feel free to throw in some French now and then if that's your first language! To me it's the most beautiful language in the world and I drool every time I hear someone speaking it!

Hah, Kim and Manleym, I didn't know I was funny...funny looking, maybe? Hee hee!! Glad I made you giggle...we all need some lightness in these weird dark times!!

Bee, dang, now you have me going again on the running! How long had it been since you ran before this one? Did you start out walking and then kicked it up or...do tell! That's just awesome!

Horusosiris, report back if you do Steve...I keep meaning to try one of his vids but, you know, too many workouts, not enough time for us mere mortals not doing eleventy-two workouts a day!

Manleym, I agree these Xtrain workouts FLY by. So much variety and goodness!!

Today I did the Supercuts extreme premix plus core #2, about 73 minutes or something, and it was a perfect workout for my still sore legs and general end of the week fatigue...a little of this and a little of that but not too much of any one thing! But that core #2 is TOUGH and it comes right after the evil eight sets of ankle grabbers into pushups....yikes! So that was hard, but it goes quickly.

I think tomorrow is All Out Low Impact HIIT which I'm not sure I've ever actually done.... Must look back into my log...

Stay fierce, everyone!! Waves to everyone and
anyone I might have missed!
Love Supercuts!!! And AOLIH is another awesome workout!!! Enjoy!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:13 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
manleym, I liked Low Impact Blast Off. It moves very quickly but at the end everything feels worked. I decided to skip the sit up/push up ending since I just did this sequence yesterday. Instead I decided to do a mash up Imax 2 since I'm now in the intensity series. Initially I planned on doing just the step portions prior to the blasts, but saw that they were way too short and there wasn't a premix for it. So I managed to do the entire IMAX 2, blasts and all! I told myself if it was too much I would stop since I had already done a Live but just kept going! Yay, me!!

bee, I really liked the 27 moves Cathe Live as well! After Cathe announced there would be 27 drills in it I said to myself "Are you &^%%ing kidding me?" but I quickly lost track of how many I had done. They weren't super long. I admit I was ready to stop around 23 but kept going to the end. I actually haven't counted them but I am wondering if she counts the ones where she does each side as two drills or one since it's the same move.

I haven't decided what I will do tomorrow. I really liked the Upper Body/Lower Body Dumbbell challenge that's on at 5 tomorrow but I have a tweaky lower bad and think I need to wait another day to do much weight work.
Low impact blast off + IMAX2! Wow! You are fierce!!!!

According to this list, there are 27 drills if you count the galloping jacks twice : https://www.fitnessmystyle.com/post/...-it-low-impact.

I too am thinking of doing the LB/UB challenge this PM. I did it once and found it challenging for me. But, it was fun (in a hard way!) and Cathe was rather funny!

Have a nice day everybody!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:58 AM  
momofcha

You guys are amazing with your workouts, you’re killing it!

Yesterday was Cathe live and today was a Debra Atkinson strength. It was just eh but I plan on more yard work so I didn’t want anything too taxing.

You guys with reopening, it’s scary. We’re in lockdown until May 30th and then we’ll reopen in phases. First phase is retail & salons. I need my haircut, but I am going to wait on the nails.... that I can be patient with.

Have a great day!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 10:47 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hey friends! So sorry I have been MIA. This got to be a busy week for me. I'm still trying to get unemployment, did some searching around for jobs, and lots of yard work. Plus I've been helping my handicapped son and my elderly parents. So busy.

But still working out every day!! Here's me:
Mon: Cathe's Muscle Max. This is one I've had for a while and really a great total body workout. I still go heavier than Cathe. Some have compared this to a Body Pump workout but I think it's not quite as much of an endurance workout as just a good total body strength workout.

Tues: Oldie, Cathe's Step Heat. I missed this one in my rotation so added that in. VERY basic but not easy, just not a lot of tough choreography. Everyone had their step at 8 inches/two risers so I did too and it was just fine.

Wed: Oh boy this one is FUN!! Cathe Live 245 Upper Body Core Crush. This is one of the Live downloads that I bought and it is one of my favorite upper body strength workouts. The pace between sets is faster but not super fast, not PHA fast. It pairs body parts together. No boredom at all!

Thurs: Holy !@#! I decided to do Cathe Body Blast Legs & Glutes Xtreme Mix. This is from the Kick Punch Crunch dvd/set. The regular workout runs though each set once, the Xtreme mix runs through each set twice except for the very end floor work. YOWZA! What I did was matched Cathe's weights for all since I was doing everything twice. Adds up to a 79 minute workout. My legs were toast!!!! But what an excellent lower body workout! I had done it before but it's been a while and I've never done this mix at all. Loved it.

Today a slight departure. I did Turbo Fire 60 Class + Core 20 class. Chalene is always fun, lots of high energy and loved the core class. It uses a heavy band for most of the moves, standing and seated. Also just regular floor core work.

So ending the week on a high note! I hope yours has been excellent too!

I'll come back for some shoutouts. I see you all have really been doing well. You're so fierce, you're so fine! Like the lyrics to a song!

Have a most wonderful weekend. Don't give up on yourselves!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 11:59 AM  
ChelePA

Kate...so nice to see an update!! And you always amaze me with your workouts! Nice job!!! Wishing you all the best with your employment situation!

I did a variety of workouts today. Lite Stacked Upper Body. Really love this one! And I am not a fan of weight work. The pace and variety never gets boring. I also did abs #2. Does anyone else thing those butterfly sit-ups are crazy hard and not intermediate???? If I didn't have my ab mat, I wouldn't be able to do them. I also added on Live Cardio Fusion at 12 pm. I've done this one before. Time really flies with the variety of cardio...hiit, boxing, hi/lo. And you never do any one exercise too long. Also, no equipment so perfect when you want to keep it simple and fun!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 02:00 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Friday fierce friends! We made it!

Nathalie, I actually understood what you wrote in French, yay!!! And it's SO TRUE right now! Oh, yes, those abs from SJP are tough, I do remember that!

Cataddict, hah!! My hair over the years has been every shade in the spectrum too, I swear. I always said my base color was just that...a good color to color OVER, not a color to wear as if it was intentional. My hair gal has been insisting for a couple years now that I do not have that much gray. I didn't believe her, but now I'm starting to because it's grown out enough to prove true. That being said, I'm still not sure what color my base actually IS these days. A few more inches should do it! And gosh, you are really a fierce warrior, doing Imax 2 with ANYTHING else!

ChelePA, wow, 50 percent in just a few days! That's a lot of new cases, how scary for you! I'm sorry about the extended lockdown but I suspect you won't be alone in that. I just have this feeling many, many places will start seeing a surge and will have to do the same. And on Lite, I haven't done any of those in a while but I recall thinking the weight workouts in general were NOT intermediate but more advanced! At least, from what I recall, they move quite fast and fry you pretty good! I love them.

Momofcha, you're also in lockdown until the end of May? UG. I really wish things would go back to normal but I fear 'normal' as we know it won't ever happen again.

KateTT, SO GOOD to hear from you! I was doing that legs premix back when we were in the Body Blast series and it. is. so. FUN...and hard but fun!! Such great music too. Cathe just shines in that series...well, she always shines, but you know what I mean!

Planning to do All Out Low Impact HIIT here soon and I was going to do a longer premix but I've decided to just do the workout as is and add on some Leah yoga...I'm nervous to try yoga again after all this time, but all of you talking about it has me missing it terribly. Plus I feel like I NEED it. I just hope my SI joint doesn't give me any grief!! Tomorrow will be an off day and then I have to figure out what to do next week. I think one more week of Xtrain before moving on though!

Stay fierce, everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 02:35 PM  
manleym

HA HA Cataddict and Kittybug about the hair! Someone said we'll know who the real blondes are because of this pandemic. I love that you both have had a rainbow of hair colors! I tried red once and it just didn't work for me. And thankfully I don't have many grays at all. I highlight mainly to retain my blonde status.

Thanks for the feedback on Low Impact Blast Off Cataddict. I'm hoping that one and the other low impact workout will be available next week. I haven't tried any of the low impact workouts yet because of my schedule. Hoping to get them in. And you are a ROCK STAR for doing a Live AND the ENTIRE IMAX 2!!! WOW!! Just WOW!!

ChelePA the situation with your mom is SOO hard! That is crazy the cases have gone up 50%! I think that's happening alot of places. And I think we're in our peak, or it seems like it. We are re-opening in stages as well. You all please be safe and take good care of yourselves.

And YES, butterfly sit-ups are crazy hard and NOT intermediate!!! I can't do them with my hands behind my head. My arms are extended over my head so they can help me get up!!

KateTT it so SO GOOD to hear from you!!! I'm glad you're working out (you time and stress reliever). I'm also sending well wishes on your job situation.

Momofcha our county is on lock down until the middle of May, but our state is starting to re-open today. So that really makes our county lock down null and void (I think) since the state is re-opening.

Kittybug I hope all goes well with yoga! I hope it feels GOOD and doesn't cause your SI joint to flare up. Enjoy All Out Low Impact HiiT! It's a fun one!

Earlier I did Cathe Live Cardio Fusion. In just a bit I'm going to do Supercuts (premix or not???) plus abs 1 or 2 and yoga/stretch. Tomorrow will be Cardio Leg Blast, 100 rep challenge, and abs 1 or 2 - whatever I don't do today.

Waves to Bee killing it on the Peleton! Waves to Nathalie and Horusosiris who are rockin' their workouts! I love reading your updates!

Enjoy your Friday, Fierce Friends!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 02:43 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh my gosh! You guys with your workouts -- so tough!! Good work, ladies!!

Quick waves to all -- just checking in with Great Glutes again. Happy weekend..... hopefully?!
Old 05-08-20, 06:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

bee: Great Glutes is one of my favs. Can you think of anyone who works the lower body as good as Cathe does?

Cataddict and Kittybug: I color my own hair anyway so I am not missing the salon but I do like to get a pedicure about this time so my toes and feet are prettier (ie: not crusty) for summer. LOL

butterfly situps!

I sure missed you guys!!
So next week starts out with High Reps. I know a few have done this. It's actually one of my favorites but yet I've only done it ONE time back in 2016 when I subscribed to Cathe on Demand. I finally got a hard copy so that's Monday.

I find that with my Cathe collection that I'm kind of mixing older workouts with more recent but that's my chronological order. I have a LOT of Cathe's but not all.

Take care!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:39 PM  
horusosiris

Hello Everyone

Today I did Wk1/Day 5 of my program (chest/back hiit.) I did Amy Bento's Body Box rather than the Hiit part of my program. I love Body Box and Amy Bento's boxing workouts. With Body Box, I tend to do the premix with just the combo portion most often but I did the full workout today. The interval portions are quite challenging. The music in this workout (as well as in many of Amy's workouts) is quite good.

Speaking of good music, that is something that I miss. The old (older) DVD workouts had much better music!

Cataddict- Tomorrow I am going to do a Sansoucie step workout for the first time. Wish me luck. Do you have a favorite Sansoucci youtube step workout?

KatteTT- Glad to see your post and that all is well. I hope your employment situation changes very soon. You have a lot on your hands but I am glad to hear that you are handling it all like a champ! Yes, Step Heat is a vintage Cathe step workout. Turbo Fire 60! I used to do the Turbo Fire 45 EZ workout so much that I probably wore out the disc. I also did the Turbo Fire Greatest Hiits quite a bit too. I agree with your assessment of Muscle Max. It is a solid weight workout.

ChelPA- for some reason I never had a problem with the butterfly situps but we are all so different. I still have problems with the stability ball plank V ups that Cathe and crew do. I will report on the Sansoucie step workout as it is on tap for tomorrow.

Bee- Great Glutes- That is a good one!

Kittybug- I agree that "normal" as we knew it will not reoccur any time soon. If I look on the brighter side then maybe this will give us an opportunity to improve the old "normal."

Manelym- your workouts tomorrow sound like so much fun and challenging. Cardio Leg Blast, 100 reps and abs, you are fierce lady!

Sue- I too worry about sttes potentially opening up too soon!

Lavna- how is the reopening going in Quebec?

Take care everyone and remember to smile!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in