Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-20, 07:53 AM  
ChelePA

Fit Split Boxing including abs. Plus Push chapters with upper body exercises only. Like the variety of ab work using gliders and resistance band. I forgot how much this one really works the whole body just not the core. And I felt quite challenged even with my modifications.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 08:28 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Fit Split Boxing including abs. Plus Push chapters with upper body exercises only. Like the variety of ab work using gliders and resistance band. I forgot how much this one really works the whole body just not the core. And I felt quite challenged even with my modifications.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend!
ChelePA are you able to bear partial weight yet or are you still having to sit for your workouts? We’re all so anxious for you to be fully healed.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 10:53 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
ChelePA are you able to bear partial weight yet or are you still having to sit for your workouts? We’re all so anxious for you to be fully healed.

Kim
Thanks Kim. Means so much. Partial weight when walking. But basically non-weight bearing when exercising. Next appointment in a few weeks to check healing.
Old 05-02-20, 12:38 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday all!

Yesterday I did do Hard Strikes plus all the 100-rep challenges. I'm a bit sore today! Loving this series!

ChelePA, what you posted about Cardio Leg Blast being your first Cathe is simply awesome! Nice to see how far you've come! And I love those Fit Split abs...very challenging stuff! I hope your next checkup goes well but I have a feeling it will!

Kim, now I'm trying to remember what my first Cathe was and I too think it was Rhythmic Step, on VHS to boot, if I'm remembering that correctly! I was a Firm fan back then and dipped my toe in Cathe only to get my bum handed to me, hah! I was hooked, so I then got her Intensity Series and started preordering from there. But then in like 2008-ish, my world turned upside down and I ventured away from Cathe and got rid of most of my stuff, DVDs and equipment. Wish I hadn't done that because I've had a lot of catching up to do these last couple of years!!

Manleym, I wish wish wish we had a HPB here!! You are so lucky to have found such great deals! I meant to ask you too....you mentioned in another post you used to run. Do you run anymore? How did you get started? I toy with the idea of trying it but I'm not sure I'm actually capable of running, to be honest!! Any tips?

Momofcha, the original PHA IS hard! And I know, I've been wondering about Perfect 30 too because of course I preordered that one! I love your date night!!!

Today is my rest day (apart from a billion chores) but tomorrow I think I'm venturing into Burn Sets. I have no idea what I'll be doing but I'll post when I figure it out, hah!! Have a fabulous weekend, everyone!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 02:58 PM  
manleym

Hi All! Hope everyone is doing well!!

Today was Cardio Leg Blast, then 100 rep challenge, and core 2. Then I rolled out on the foam roller and took a HOT bath!! My muscles needed it!! I was going to do the premix Kittybug did, but don't think I could have done that premix and the 100 rep challenge and I really wanted to do the 100 reps. Now, I did modify. First, I don't have a barbell so I used dumbbells. I didn't go as heavy as Amanda either. I used 12's. I did about 30 reps following Amanda's form. Then my neck started hurting so I did the next 30ish reps with my head and shoulders on step so I was in tabletop position and just lowered my booty about 1/2 way or whatever I wanted. I didn't go down to the floor because I thought it wouldn't be safe on my back and head. Next 30ish reps, more like Amanda's form again. Definitely feeling these XTrain workouts and loving them!

Kittybug here's my running story. I HATED running for YEARS - never ran but like all of ya'll always worked out. But for some reason, I started running. And I'm trying to remember why. Probably because we joined the gym and that was something I could do anytime. So I ran mostly on the dreadmill, because of weather and time of day, but sometimes I would run outside. I ran for about 10-12, 13 years - can't remember and averaged 10-15 miles a week and did Cathe and/or KCM the other days. So I always said I ran for exercise, and was not a "true" runner. I never wanted to run a marathon, or even a 1/2 marathon. Then I bought some new shoes (new brand), returned from vacation, and went back to the gym. I almost didn't finish the run because my knees were KILLING ME!!! After limping along for a couple of weeks, trying to workout and rehab myself, I had to go to an orthopedic surgeon and had cortisone shots in each knee and was diagnosed with Plica Syndrome. Which to me basically means, we don't really know what's wrong but we have to diagnose you with something. So I obviously didn't run for awhile and went back a few more times, but my knees started hurting again so I stopped completely. It just wasn't worth it.

Kittybug YOU ARE CAPABLE!! Look at you doing all of these crazy Cathe premixes!! I NEVER thought I could run 1 mile, much less 6 or 7 at a time, but if you build up slowly and gradually, you'll get there. What I've found is that if I do Cathe's Tabata, Amy's Breathless Body, etc - something like that, I can get the same feeling as when I ran. But "runner's high" is very real and is a great feeling!

Waves and hugs to all! I hope you're having a good weekend!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 05:49 PM  
horusosiris

Hi All,

I hope everyone had a great day!

This morning I did week 3/day2 of the challenge. It was a shoulder and abs workout. There were some good exercises that I have not done in a while- seated neutral grip seated upright rows, partial face pulls,Y presses etc.

Later in the day I did combos and surges 1-3 and the core section in Amy's Kickbox Surge and Core Challenge

Yesterday – I did week 3/day 1- which was lower body. This was a well-rounded lower body workout. It began with glute activation exercises and then cable squats, cable goblet, front squats cossack squats, hip thrust, leg extensions, leg curls, etc.
In the evening I did Gasper's All Out Infused Step and some foam rolling.

Tomorrow I plan to do Amy's Rumble and a Travis yin or gentle yoga practice.

Kittybug- The Burn Set workouts are all good! I hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Kim- I think my first Cathe workout was Step Heat.

Sue- I read on the Cathe forum that currently Perfect 30 is not delayed. They have yet not begun to film

Manelym- I like the 100 rep challenges. I sometimes add them on to other workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-20, 06:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Sue, on Afterburn vs Supercuts..... I haven't done Supercuts in a while -- I'm really looking forward to it after the comments here. All I can say is that I did Afterburn recently and found it pretty tough! But I enjoyed it.

I think my first Cathe was Step Blast, but honestly I'm not sure..... I had been somehow completely clueless about Cathe and had a shelf full of Firms after being an original buyer of the first classic. Someone told me about Cathe and I pretty quickly acquired a bunch. I think at the time I learned about her was about the time 4DS was releasing. I got in on most preorders from that point -- though I dropped off around the time of (I guess you call it) the no name series? Great Glutes, etc. I have since acquired most of those.

Today was an unplanned rest day for me -- the day got busy early and I just never got to anything, but I did get some chores done. .....still plenty more to do!

Tomorrow I think I will jump into my new Jacked Jari.

Maybe I never posted yesterday? I did the premix with no stability ball work from Great Glutes -- I loved this as it subs in the chair portion for the stability ball work. That is a fantastic workout! Feel like I should be doing it weekly.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable weekend.
Old 05-02-20, 07:05 PM  
momofcha

Thank you guys.

Today was kettlebells - Lauren Lean Body. Tomorrow I will rest. I don’t want to overdo it. I keep reading about not overdoing it to help keep your immunity up.

Have a great night!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 07:58 AM  
ChelePA

Loving the sunshine this weekend! My daughter and husband got our yard and deck all prepared for the nicer weather. Unfortunately next week the temperatures are supposed to drop again.

I decided to enjoy the deck and exercise outside today. Keeping it simple doing chair cardio with Caroline Jordan.
Old 05-03-20, 08:29 AM  
Mickey12

So many great posts! So much great conversation!!

Momofcha I totally agree about not over doing it. I don’t have a set schedule or planned rest days. I just listen to what my body is telling me. Sometimes I have good intentions of working out but I am too tired or just not in the mood. I don’t beat myself up over it. I usually end up working out 6 days a week but I did a little better than that in May. I only missed 3 days out of the month.

Horusosiris what is the name of the program you are posting about? It sounds good but I must have missed the name of it. I am really glad Perfect 30 filming isn’t delayed too. Not that we do have enough to keep us busy though, ha.

Kittybug my first Cathe’s were on VHS too. I had quite a few of them and replaced them on DVD. I dubbed the wedding workout to dvd because that one never made it to dvd and I have some of her workouts that I taped from FitTV. They are cut down versions of the full workouts (about 45 minutes) because of the commercials. Even though I have the original workouts I kept the condensed televised versions too. Can’t have too much variety, right?

So all this Amy Bento talk had me looking yesterday at Mary’s site and Collage to see what is available. You guys are killing me! I have two of Amy’s early step workouts but I never clicked with her for some reason, I think I felt like her choreography was complex just for the sake of being complex. It didn’t seem to flow like Christi Taylor, for instance. I didn’t end up buying anything, but I don’t think I’m done considering future purchases.

Manley I never heard of Half Price Books but it sounds like a great store. I love a good bargain! I really enjoyed your running experience story. When I was in my 20’s I tried running. I hated it! I tried a couple of other times and I just didn’t like the experience. I wondered about the “runner’s high” and whether the feeling could be gained from other types of exercise. I guess you’re saying it can as long as its intense?

Thank you, everyone, for keeping this thread alive. I can’t say enough how it has helped me keep a positive focus during the pandemic. I have gained cardio endurance and leg strength from doing so many Cathe workouts and my knee has stopped hurting because my quads are stronger. Having something to focus on, like what workout to tackle or wondering how you all are doing, continues to keep me sane. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in