Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-16, 01:30 PM  
olala

How long does it take to send the link? I sent my receipt 3 days ago and I have not heard from HSM a word. My book is on preorder.
There is no info about this new workout on HSM website.
olala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 01:43 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
How long does it take to send the link? I sent my receipt 3 days ago and I have not heard from HSM a word. My book is on preorder.
Have you checked your spam filter? I know they were slow in responding before, you can always re-send. I sent it twice and they sent me the link twice so there's no harm.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 05:26 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olala View Post
They responded to me after about 5 days, so they may not have gotten to you yet. The workout is on Vimeo, not sure why it's not on their regular website.

Checking spam is also a great idea like Sue suggested!
Old 12-18-16, 02:55 PM  
desertMermaid

Did the workout today. Phew it was tough. I couldn't complete the weight portion with my 8 lbs. I dropped to 5 and then 3. They pack a lot into the 30 minutes.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 08:09 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

So for those of you who bought the book, what did you think of it?
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 08:42 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I ordered the book over a month ago and still haven't received it Amazon.com sent me an email confirming I still wanted it, or offered to cancel my order since it was taking so long. I guess I could have walked away with the download and cancelled the order, but I'm a book lover! I'll keep you updated, there is absolutely no indication on when the book will be delivered
Old 01-29-17, 08:58 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
I ordered the book over a month ago and still haven't received it Amazon.com sent me an email confirming I still wanted it, or offered to cancel my order since it was taking so long. I guess I could have walked away with the download and cancelled the order, but I'm a book lover! I'll keep you updated, there is absolutely no indication on when the book will be delivered
Oh wow, that's so bizarre! On Amazon, used hard copy books are selling for $80, which is ridiculous. I was wondering if they were hesitating reordering to drive the prices up? High prices seem to be a thing for HSM.

But if you've already ordered and they're still not stocking.... that weird. It looks like you can buy the kindle version, so I imagine it isn't a copyright issue... And I saw on IG that Liz was signing books at a local Charlotte book store. Weird...
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-17, 10:56 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I enjoyed it. More than I thought I would. But is it a must have? Not at all. Anything new? Not really. It's more about her upbringing & what led to the creation of the method. I enjoyed it

Send me a pm & I will lend it to you if you're interested

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-17, 09:01 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Semi-old thread alert!

I wanted to provide an update that I finally received the book in the mail, about a week ago. It will be a quick read, like Sue said, I already read the first two chapters this morning on my commute. It is about Liz's upbringing and her passions and her method, and her intense love for her daughter which is so nice. I enjoy the positive talk about finding your inner power, but it is not really anything I haven't read before.

Also, there's a lot of photos with various exercises which may be great, but I just can't follow a paper workout.
Old 02-24-17, 09:45 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

I tried out the Total Body Tone 32 minute download today and I really liked it. I liked their use of the ball for the glutes, the bridge with both or one foot on the little ball was really tough. I've done similar moves with the stability ball, but the playground ball is much harder. I also liked the pretzel variations with the ball. It was a really brief section with the gliders but that was enough and they packed a lot in. The standing was their standard fare with the medium weights and the standing legs. I really liked it!

Tags
hillard studio method