Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-15, 08:37 AM  
flamingoo

Cassey Ho's new book

Hey there! Not sure if this has been posted or not, but is anyone going to purchase her new book ( to be released in April)???? I'm thinking about it just for the recipes. Made her banana pancakes this morning and they were so good! My husband even tried them( key word tried) Although I don't do many of her workouts, I really love her personality.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0804139040/...I1E2RC5YR1VHW0
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-15, 09:13 AM  
SquishyMommy

I ordered through Barnes and Noble. I got an email from her site that if I pre-ordered I'd get a free tote bag! Woohoo! LOL! But really, I ordered it because I love her personality and how much she really cares about her followers. I want to support her whenever I can. I also got her abs dvd because it was only 9.99 with free shipping. It has 3 10-minute ab workouts. I really like them and love that I can just pop it in for a quick ab workout.

I tried the banana pancakes once. Once. I wasn't a big fan, but maybe I just didn't make it right. I might try it again at some point.
Old 03-01-15, 01:16 PM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

I preordered! My nickname for Cassey is Classy Cassey. I went to the first Pop Pilates Instructor Training November 2014 and she was over the top professional and generous. I felt as if I was at the Oprah show. Free yoga mats, surprise Jamba Juice delivery mid day, water bottles, tote bags, etc.

Beth
Old 03-01-15, 01:21 PM  
NotThatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by weighttrain View Post
I preordered! My nickname for Cassey is Classy Cassey. I went to the first Pop Pilates Instructor Training November 2014 and she was over the top professional and generous. I felt as if I was at the Oprah show. Free yoga mats, surprise Jamba Juice delivery mid day, water bottles, tote bags, etc.

Beth
Stories like this are why I love her and love supporting her as best as I can. She seems so sincere and genuine and I love trying to help people like that out. I am going to pre-order soon too! March, April and May are going to be exciting book months for me - some long awaited cookbooks are out in March for me (dying of excitement) and then Cassey's book followed by Tone It Up's book in May. Yay for reading and cooking and fitness!!!

Last edited by NotThatGirl; 03-01-15 at 01:22 PM. Reason: spelling
NotThatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-15, 02:11 PM  
flamingoo

I ordered, couldn't resist! Now to play the waiting game
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 07:21 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Could someone please tell me how the nutritional plan is? What I'm curious about is: Is there a lot of meat/fish in it or does she focus mainly on fresh veggies etc?
I'm on the fence if I'd buy it as I'm vegan and don't want to see tons of recipes containing food I don't eat...
I'm tempted to get this book for the workouts though!..

NotThatGirl,
did you get the Tone It Up book by now? Do you like it? I have that on my WL too as I just recently started getting into their workouts.

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 07:29 PM  
slysam

I have the book, I just started reading it. I plan to review it soon. I took a very quick skim of the recipes. It is not specifically vegan, but some of the recipes are vegan friendly. There are fish tacos, some yogurt, some cheese, some eggs involved. But there are quite a few that use almond milk and plant based ingredients. She seems pretty plant based, but not completely in her recipes.

ETA: There are plant based recipes that don't use almond milk. In my quick skim I noticed an eggnog smoothie that used almond milk, spices and banana (no egg or dairy). I noticed some others that seem like they might use dairy but she used almond milk.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 07:30 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thanks for letting me know, slysam! I appreciate you letting me know!
I think I'll go ahead and get it! I can always tweak to my needs!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 05-08-15, 07:33 PM  
slysam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Thanks for letting me know, slysam! I appreciate you letting me know!
I think I'll go ahead and get it! I can always tweak to my needs!
I am not a vegan, but I think it would be easy to tweak.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-15, 08:52 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Oh I'm sure it is.

Tags
cassey ho