Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-02-15, 10:26 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Do you use Amazon Prime Instant Video?

I was trying to find exercise videos on Amazon Prime Instant Video, but all I saw was martial arts and yoga. Does anyone know if there are other types of exercise videos on there?

I like Amazon Instant Video, because I can stream movies easily on my iPad without having to download them and use up memory space. From what I can tell, iTunes does not offer cloud streaming without downloading, and you have to purchase the movie.

I recently discovered, however, that Amazon Prime movies expire. So, if you don't watch them, or want them permanently in your video library, you have to purchase them after they expire.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 10:44 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
I was trying to find exercise videos on Amazon Prime Instant Video, but all I saw was martial arts and yoga. Does anyone know if there are other types of exercise videos on there?

I like Amazon Instant Video, because I can stream movies easily on my iPad without having to download them and use up memory space. From what I can tell, iTunes does not offer cloud streaming without downloading, and you have to purchase the movie.

I recently discovered, however, that Amazon Prime movies expire. So, if you don't watch them, or want them permanently in your video library, you have to purchase them after they expire.
The fitness video selection on Amazon Prime Instant Video is pretty sad. But they do have 13 Gymbox videos from The Gymbox streaming service. Some of the VF members love The Gymbox.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...wtls_list_pr_1

Have you tried uploading your own videos to a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Drive or MediaFire and streaming them through the respective cloud app? That's what I like to do. I have also uploaded videos to the Amazon cloud but they have a maximum of 20 minutes for a video file.
Old 02-02-15, 11:24 AM  
antbuko

They have some Leslie Sansone's too, and Jillian Michaels. Maybe some other titles too, you'd have to search by instructor. It's pretty much the same across the board for all of the streaming services, i.e. Vudu, Google Play, M-Go, etc.

I tried a trial of Gymbox beginning last week and I'm going to cancel because it's also available on Hulu, and Hulu has a 90 day free trial. Granted the newer Gymbox titles are not available yet but I'm not at an advanced fitness level right now so I don't need them.

I love Amazon instant video but not because of an abundance of fitness titles. Someday I'd like to load all of my DVDs onto a hard drive so that I can declutter and maybe put the actual DVDs out of sight.
Old 02-02-15, 11:52 AM  
rose2boys

I was just checking this out & I had NO idea how many free streaming videos I could get via my Prime membership. I do not need to own any of these since not only do I have severe workout ADD..haha. I mainly do Barre3 & SBF streaming w/some Jessica Smith thrown in.

I also see that they offer lots of other stuff, like TA!, for 48 hr rental $2.99-3.99 or purchase for $9.99! Oh no! More choices....
Old 02-02-15, 12:02 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

I forgot to mention that there are wireless external hard drives that have streaming capabilities. I have the Seagate Wireless Plus and I have loaded it with movies and fitness videos (which I have converted to MP4 from my DVDs and Blu-rays). I have no problems streaming 2 hour movies from the hard drive to my Ipad.
Old 02-02-15, 12:18 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Thanks for all your replies! You are all so computer savvy!

Susie, that external wireless hard drive sounds interesting! I have to check it out and see if I can figure out how to do it.

I was thinking of trying to store some of my DVDs on a cloud service like Dropbox, but I don't want to have to download them into my computer first. I have an external hard drive, but after I save something to it, I cannot find it.

Thanks for mentioning other exercise videos on Amazon Prime Instant Video! I am going to look at Gymbox.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-15, 12:34 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
Have you tried uploading your own videos to a cloud service like Dropbox, Google Drive or MediaFire and streaming them through the respective cloud app? That's what I like to do. I have also uploaded videos to the Amazon cloud but they have a maximum of 20 minutes for a video file.
If you use DropBox or another cloud service this way, does the workout maintain its chaptering?
Old 02-02-15, 12:35 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

This is the wireless hard drive that I have and it works pretty well. I have streamed videos on cross country plane trips.

Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB Portable Hard Drive with Built-in WiFi (STCK1000100)

SanDisk and WD also have their own versions but I'm not familiar with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
If you use DropBox or another cloud service this way, does the workout maintain its chaptering?
marmact, I don't usually use the chapters but I just uploaded the AKT Happy Hour DVD video (which I just converted to a chaptered mp4) and I noticed that the chapters are lost on the MediaFire streaming. I don't know about dropbox but I will test it later.
Old 02-02-15, 12:47 PM  
marmact

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsey211 View Post
This is the wireless hard drive that I have and it works pretty well. I have streamed videos on cross country plane trips.

Seagate Wireless Plus 1TB Portable Hard Drive with Built-in WiFi (STCK1000100)

SanDisk and WD also have their own versions but I'm not familiar with them.

marmact, I don't usually use the chapters but I just uploaded the AKT Happy Hour DVD video (which I just converted to a chaptered mp4) and I noticed that the chapters are lost on the MediaFire streaming. I don't know about dropbox but I will test it later.
Thank you! I appreciate any info.
Old 02-02-15, 02:24 PM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

marmact, I just uploaded my chaptered mp4 to Dropbox and the chapter points don't show up. Sorry.