Old 05-20-14, 07:15 PM  
pgun3

what would greenberry taste like?
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 07:33 PM  
missaulnier

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaholic View Post
Wow, that is expensive!!! I buy an organic whey powder concentrate from Rainbow Grocery (a local organic store) and I think I pay $29 a pound and a serving is 34 grams, a bit over an ounce and a serving size has 27 grams of protein . It is unflavored, so I can make it anything I want and it is amazingly filling. The fact that it's organic is a huge plus.
Firmaholic - we must live in the same city

Has anyone tried Raw Fit? I just got some at Whole Foods and I actually like it - it is caffeinated and is coffee flavored so I drink it in the morning before or after a workout. Its expensive though, I paid $44.00 for 10 servings.

Im curious what the Greenberry Shakeology is like too!
missaulnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-14, 08:19 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

FYI, Mary carries single serving packets of Shakeology on her Beachbody site:

http://www.totalfitnessdvds.net/Sear...lts.asp?Cat=24

I've ordered them from her before deciding which flavor I wanted to purchase as the monthly supply.
Old 05-21-14, 01:37 AM  
firmaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaulnier View Post
Firmaholic - we must live in the same city

Has anyone tried Raw Fit? I just got some at Whole Foods and I actually like it - it is caffeinated and is coffee flavored so I drink it in the morning before or after a workout. Its expensive though, I paid $44.00 for 10 servings.

Im curious what the Greenberry Shakeology is like too!
We do live in the same city. . Never tried Raw Fit, might have to check it out.
firmaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 02:33 AM  
kali1

I liked shakeology at first but then my IBS started reacting in a bad way whenever I drank it. I would get severe gut pain that hurt so much I would go into a fetus position and lay still for hours. My doctor ordered me off it and I've never touched it again. Whatever is in the product just doesn't agree with my system. I've never had issues with other protein powders, just shakeology.
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 04:29 AM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
Can't really describe it but sort of like berries.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 11:42 AM  
Stephanie84

shake

I have them for breakfast once or twice a week. I can't do it every day. I also mix it with a banana so it tastes better.
Stephanie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 12:15 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgun3 View Post
it's def an acquired taste...i have a few extra i doubt i will use if you want to SASE. lmk

I never cared much for the g'berry, but the peanut butter tip def made it more drinkable.

Thx for the tip on single serve on mary's site. I'm curious about the new vegan and strawberry flavors.

btw I loveeeddd shakeololgy when i first tried it in 09. I haven't had i consistently for a while, and I know they changed the choc formula which is a bit of a bummer. If you're on the fence and are good with returns, i would try it for a few weeks and see if you like it. If not, they should still have that bottom of the bag guarantee.

Last edited by kmissa; 05-21-14 at 12:16 PM. Reason: add something
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 12:16 PM  
SueT

Like Kali, Shakeology bothers my digestive system. When I tried it, I ended up with a lot of bloating and gas, and my stomach hurt. This doesn't happen with any other kind of protein powder. The only conclusion I can come to is that the digestive enzymes in Shakeology are too much for my digestive system. I normally am very regular, with no digestive issues. Maybe I don't need those extra digestive enzymes, since my body works fine on its own.

Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-14, 12:34 PM  
thewriteway

I tried Shakeology a couple months back and thought it was awful. Even when I added peanut butter and banana to it, two of my favorite things, I couldn't get past the chalk-like taste. I'm searching for some new powders/shakes now. Plus, even if I had loved Shakeology, there's no way I could've afforded the $100+ a month for it.
thewriteway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, protein powder, shakeology