Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-14, 07:06 PM  
neatski

Advanced exerciser here, and Barre3 is way harder for me than P57, and much more effective IMO. P57 has a cardio effect from the pacing, but the sets are shorter and less controlled. The more I do Barre3, the harder it gets. An absolute beginner could do Barre3, but someone very advanced could do it and work even harder! No, Barre3 doesn't make me breathless, but it works my muscles to the point of absolute failure and I've been amazed by how it helped me maintain my fitness when I was pregnant and couldn't do anything high impact, and how much it's improved my conditioning for "harder" workouts when I've gone back to them. Plus, Barre3 makes me feel awesome!

Barre3 all the way.

The most effective workout is the one you're not doing right now!

neatski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-14, 07:58 PM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatski View Post
Advanced exerciser here, and Barre3 is way harder for me than P57, and much more effective IMO. P57 has a cardio effect from the pacing, but the sets are shorter and less controlled. The more I do Barre3, the harder it gets. An absolute beginner could do Barre3, but someone very advanced could do it and work even harder! No, Barre3 doesn't make me breathless, but it works my muscles to the point of absolute failure and I've been amazed by how it helped me maintain my fitness when I was pregnant and couldn't do anything high impact, and how much it's improved my conditioning for "harder" workouts when I've gone back to them. Plus, Barre3 makes me feel awesome!

Barre3 all the way.
YAY! Can't wait to get it!
Old 04-01-14, 09:37 PM  
Emily B
VF Supporter

Thumbs down

A friend of mine is opening a Barre3 studio near me, and I went to a practice class (teachers are working on certification), and I have to say, I wish the online/DVD workouts were just a little tougher like the live class. That being said, I ❤️ Barre3. I like the vibe a little more than P57, although those are great as well. I just prefer Barre3 for some reason.
Old 04-02-14, 04:55 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily B View Post
A friend of mine is opening a Barre3 studio near me, and I went to a practice class (teachers are working on certification), and I have to say, I wish the online/DVD workouts were just a little tougher like the live class. n.
Yes, that's a common problem! It seems videos are never quite as challenging as live classes. I think part of it has to do with instruction---since they can't see the students, instructors tend to cue/set up very thoroughly in videos. In live classes, they can see the students, make adjustments and maybe don't feel the need to set you up quite as well? That's my theory, anyway!

Part of it, too, is the energy of a live class just can't be replicated at home.

So fun that you're getting a barre3 studio! And owned by a friend, too. I'd love to take a barre3 class, but we don't have a studio near here. I wanted to take a class when I was in CA last month, but couldn't fit it in.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 08:12 AM  
killoffsonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianestjohn View Post
+1. I find P57 quite difficult - if I get all the way through it and do all the reps it is an exceptional day for me. It bugs me that this is so cuz I've been doing barre for years and other advanced barre workouts do not challenge me that much. Also the P57 instructors grate on my nerves with their goofiness. I love Barre 3 and find all of the workouts fairly easy to get through. Sadie can be a little toooo soothing and sweet but she is quiet and a good instructor and in general I vastly prefer Barre 3.
I feel the same way about P57. I can't get all the way through the workout. I hate that they go so fast. I like slow and methodical when I'm doing barre, pilates or yoga. Form is hard to keep for me when they go so fast. I'm thinking of giving away all my p57 dvds. I am itching to get some barre3 videos.
Old 04-02-14, 11:56 AM  
slysam

I have a question about Barre3, what is the ab work like? How is it different than P57's ab work?
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 12:26 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I personally find it easier - Sadie uses the ball more and that makes my low back feel better than the ab work in P57.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 01:14 PM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by slysam View Post
I have a question about Barre3, what is the ab work like? How is it different than P57's ab work?
Barre3 has the absolute best ab work IMO. No C-curve and more pilates like using the ball.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-14, 07:05 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I personally find it easier - Sadie uses the ball more and that makes my low back feel better than the ab work in P57.

Carol
X2. My favorite barre ab work for sure.
Old 04-03-14, 12:43 PM  
Lynleigh

I like both!

I started with P57 and it just didn't click.

Moved on to Barre3 and loved it. In fact, subscribed for a year, but then let it lapse becuase my computer really isn't reliable. (But, once I get a new device, I'll re-subscribe).

Barre 3 is slower and has some yoga inspiration thrown in. With that said, I do get a very good burn with these workouts. One thing I absolutely love is her core work with the ball underneath your lower back.

P57 gets me sweating and the music really allows me to focus in on the movements. I'm now taking a break from Barre3 and using P57. But, with Sadie's method of using the ball under my lower back for the P57 core work. I'm loving it.

So, as a true vidiot... I say both!!!!
Lynleigh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre3, p57, physique 57, sadie lincoln