Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-14, 12:32 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Though downloads or DVDs or a studio in my basement would be the BEST idea. Haha!
Without a doubt, I'd be all over this!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 12:39 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I would have you all over to my house if the studio were in my basement. I could even through in a load of laundry while we stretched. So convenient!
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 12:45 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Yes, I think $57 for 3mos. is a much better idea. Though downloads or DVDs or a studio in my basement would be the BEST idea. Haha!
Yes... to all suggestions

I really enjoyed your blog post! Is Shelley still in charge of the LA studio? Did you see her? I like Tanya but I loooove Shelley
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 12:51 PM  
slysam

I agree live classes can be more expensive and it is fine (as long as it is within range for you). It is a different experience. In a good live class, you get one-on-one correction and guidance and you are seeing the workout three dimensional rather than translated flatly to a screen. It is possible for the instructor to offer appropriate modifications for any issue you might have. And the participation is limited to how many people fit in the room--so overhead needs to be split among that limited number of participants. Totally different. I would not pay the same for streaming workouts (per workout) as I could for a class. When I take classes, I tend to book the whole series for the month or season so the rate is considerably lower than per use. Also in my geographic area drop in classes range from $5-$15 rarely more. Zumba tends to be the cheaper end and individual boutique classes towards the higher end. I am sure the pricing might make sense to P57 studio students for unlimited classes--but really they shouldn't be willing to pay the same for downloads as they would for a live class experience. The price probably isn't too bad if someone does a p57 class daily (or nearly) and exclusively--it doesn't look like there is quite enough variety on their site though. Last I looked, it really only included a few more workouts than I can get having all the dvds, considering half the streaming workout content comes from the dvds. If they had more workouts, maybe. In time they may, and maybe will adjust their prices (unless enough are willing to pay $57 a month).
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 01:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
Yes... to all suggestions

I really enjoyed your blog post! Is Shelley still in charge of the LA studio? Did you see her? I like Tanya but I loooove Shelley
If I'm not mistaken wasn't there some sort of falling out between Shelley and Tanya???

Old 03-03-14, 01:16 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammy902 View Post
If I'm not mistaken wasn't there some sort of falling out between Shelley and Tanya???
Oh wow, I had not idea! I just found her through Google... seems she is teaching at BePhysique now: http://www.bephysique.com/about.php

The little blurb about her says: "Shelly exclusively choreographed Physique 57's DVDs in 2009/2010." I didn't know she was the sole choreographer for the DVDs. I wonder if that was the source of the falling out. Anyway, I would love new DVDs from her!
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 01:21 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Shelley isn't with P57 anymore. I know nothing of a falling out, though! I thought I heard that Shelley moved to San Francisco or something like that.

Live classes are definitely different from videos! I love my videos, but a live class is a whole different animal, for all the reasons slysam mentioned.

One thing I really, really admire about Physique instructors is how much attention they'll give you even if your form is good. Some places only correct you, at Physique they find ways to challenge and motivate you. I took a class with Brady in Scarsdale and there were a number of first-timers there. I was one of the more advanced students, but she still made time for me, challenged me, etc. And she didn't know I was a blogger from out-of-town until I told her after class. They really make it worth your while at Physique.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-14, 01:28 PM  
momofcha

I guess I am wrong about the falling out - here's the old thread talking about her being gone...

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=knight

Tags
p57, p57 customer service, physique 57, tanya becker