Old 01-13-14, 01:23 PM  
jessicarobin

Fitness is Function Sandbag DVD?

Any reviews? Any other sandbag DVD's?
jessicarobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 02:48 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I have FIF Sandbag DVD and the DVRT Anywhere Anytime Fitness DVD from Ultimate Sandbag site. Both take you from beginner to intermediate. I prefer Mark's FIF Sandbag DVD as it is tough but doable. Mark has an index for each exercise and demonstrates how to properly perform each exercise with pointers. Josh's DVD has the same format for each exercise however Mark's is set up for you to progress from basic to harder workouts. Josh's DVD has 6 workouts for you to choose from. You pick your workout and go. Good but boring.

Mark's DVD is programmed for 4 weeks of workouts so each week you progress as he has your weeks planned out. You just start your week pick day 1 or so and start your workout. His program has you workout 2 days with a rest day then 2 days of workouts and a rest day. Mark also loves what he calls the "happy ending" pretty much a 30 second tabata at end or sometimes in the middle of the workout.

I was on Week 1 ready to go to week 2 then the holidays along with bronchitis hit me. Then to top it off my back started to hurt so my arthritis flared up. X-rays shows degenerative arthritis in my lumbar spine. So I'm shooting for next month to be my start.

Hope this helps you decide.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 05:09 PM  
jessicarobin

Just might have to order!!! Thanks!
Old 01-15-14, 07:02 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I agree with Maria.

I have both Dvds plus Incineration also from Ultimate Sandbag training (I think it has 5 wos). I like Incineration a bit better than Anytime anywhere, it mix BW with SB exercises, I also hate the timer on Anywhere anytime, it is too big in my opinion (a bigh black square with small numbers), and in some parts they copy/paste, so in some exercises she wasn't doing the move the whole minute. They both are Dvd-rs, I know some Vfer hate Dvd-rs.

But in my personal experience, FIF is more intense than the other two, i.e. when I tried one workout from each UST dvds, I felt like I could go heavier, my sandbag weights just 22lbs, and Josh mentioned that the lady on the workout used 30lbs, so maybe upping the weight I'd get a better challenge, but I felt at the end that I could go for another 30 mins workout, so I'd need to up my weight or do kb swings or skipping rope between breaks to get a better overall wo for me. While, with FIF I'm using the same 22lbs and it feels tough! At the end I feel like I got a great workout (it leat me breathing hard), I also like the format, you do an exercise for three rounds and then, it is gone and you past to the next, so when you feel you can't do no more, it is over and you change to other thing, the warm up is pretty good too, but you have to stretch at your own at the end. The other two dvds has not warm up or cool down.

The three dvds cost $24.99 and in my opinion FIF: Sandbag is a better value for the money 18 wos, it is more challenging and has 4 week program.

ETA: here is a breakdown I did for the 1st wo of Incineration a while ago: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=197390

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 10:23 AM  
jessicarobin

How long are the workouts on FIF?
Old 01-16-14, 04:50 PM  
mwelters
VF Supporter

I believe the workouts are about 30 minutes or so. Mark has you do 10 reps of an exercise in which you have 30 seconds to complete what time you have left is your rest period then on to the next one. Then either in the middle or the end of the circuit training you perform his happy ending which is a Tabata style workout.

MariaW
mwelters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 05:20 PM  
jessicarobin

Thanks!
Old 01-16-14, 06:49 PM  
horusosiris

I really like the FIF Sandbag workouts. I did a two week rotation of doing one of the FIF Sandbag workouts followed with one of the FIF Kettlebell workouts. When I receive my FIF Bodyweight DVD, I am going to mix this one with the FIF Sandbag and Kettlebell workouts too.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-14, 08:24 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

This all is good to hear. I pre-ordered the FIF Bodyweight DVD. While doing so, I caved and ordered the Sandbag and Kettlebell workouts. They arrived yesterday. I'm looking forward to viewing them this weekend!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-14, 12:31 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarobin View Post
How long are the workouts on FIF?
The shortest is around 28 mins. and the longest 45 mins at the end of the rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwelters View Post
I believe the workouts are about 30 minutes or so. Mark has you do 10 reps of an exercise in which you have 30 seconds to complete what time you have left is your rest period then on to the next one. Then either in the middle or the end of the circuit training you perform his happy ending which is a Tabata style workout.

MariaW
Maria, I'm kind of confused I'm on week 1 workout 3 and I haven't seen any "happy ending" so far, the format has been 10 reps in 1 minute and the time left is my rest period, it repeats three time and then we go to the next exercise, some exercises are done in a 45 secs frame. Are you confusing the sandbag dvd with the kettlebell one (I don't have the kb dvd)?

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandbag workout, sandbags