Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-20-20, 08:09 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - 2020 Feels Like a Test I Didn't Study For. September 20.

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:17 AM  
sciencelady

Good? morning!

I went and did a lot of yard cleanup for fall/winter yesterday - carried lots of cement yard art, carried in plants, took off the cover on my patio. All that went fine, but now I'm in a lot of pain - frankly I wonder if I cracked some bone in my operation area . I'll be giving my clinic a call tomorrow - right now I'm using my cane and pain is about the same level as before the surgery. My friends are planning on leaving today to go back to Milwaukee and then to New Jersey. Sigh. This is life.

Paula, we must have had a front going through my area. Half of the sky was a grey/brown ash trail from the fires out west and half was intense blue - winds from Canada. Weird. Hope DH's visit to the doc goes well!

Hopefully Laura and our other Cronies will be back to the thread!

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
Old 09-20-20, 08:24 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I disappeared. I was going through my email this morning and discovered I hadn't touched my computer since Thursday night. There was no reason other than we steadily did things over the past couple of days.

We've had and cool days. It has been a touch of fall. They say today will be a high of 68 and picture perfect, and I want to get out for a walk.

Thanks for getting us started, Anita.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-20, 08:14 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Today was grocery day, so we got that done in the morning. In the afternoon we got two more kitchen cupboards cleaned. Only one left to go and the kitchen will be done.

We're planning to go to Catalina for 2 - 3 nights this week, leaving on Wednesday, so I started putting together food items for this trip.

This is the first day I could feel a bit of fall in the air, felt so good.

Anita, ouch...I hope you didn't overdo and now have a recovery set back. Too back your friends can't stay on a couple more nights just in case. You and Gus will both probably miss them. Our sky was a bit bluer today too.

Laura, glad you were gone because you were occuppied with interesting projects and not something bad. Hope you had a good weekend.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 06:58 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy Monday. It was a nice weekend doing stuff around the house with DH and making cards. Card making stuff covered our dinette table, a lot of it scraps. So I decided the way to clean it off was to make cards using those scraps.

Today, I have an in-person training session at 10:00 this morning and a virtual one this evening. In between, I'll go for a walk and try to get some cleaning done around the house. Dad's 82nd birthday is on Saturday and we'll have them over for the celebration. We're using it as an excuse to get some deeper cleaning and decluttering done.

Paula - That sounds nice - a trip to Catalina. Good luck getting everything together.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-21-20, 08:07 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

The hip is slowly getting better, so hope to get some walking in today with Gus. So far, I've not had to use a cane to get around my house today, unlike the previous day - I was thinking about getting the walker out yesterday! It was really bad. Some friends will be coming over this morning to go on our Gus walk and also pick up some furniture they left at the house for my other friends to use while they were here. I did call the clinic yesterday and they told me just to rest the hip for a couple of days on my naproxen.

Laura, we'll be having a warm day with temps close to 80 - seems a bit weird for just about fall. Enjoy your training sessions and your dad's BD celebration!

Paula, yay on getting the kitchen clean and decluttered! I'm still sorting what I had had downstairs in the apartment and what was upstairs in the kitchens - lots of stuff moved upstairs. Enjoy your trip to Catalina!

Anita
Old 09-21-20, 08:06 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smith HIIT for beginners. This was a Pahla B Run day so I substituted JS. We flew today so I cut my workout short so we could get out of the house earlier than usual.

We won't leave for Catalilna until Wednesday, so I'll be here tomorrow.

Laura, it's funny how craft materials take over an area. I really should make a scrap quilt from all my bits and pieces of fabric. The birthday party sounds like a fun event to look forward to.

Anita, I suspect most recoveries have some set backs - a rest day with naproxen should help. Decluttering and organinzing seems to be a challenge that has to be revisited periodically. Can getting the downstairs apartment back in order wait until your hip is stronger, this might not be the time for going up and down stairs.
Old 09-22-20, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

My hip is getting better - did a 2.25 mile loop with friends yesterday with the cane and Gus. Got a little sore afterwards, but not too bad. Today, planning on a shorter walk with Gus, without the cane, and see how that goes. Otherwise putzing around - might run some errands hitting the stores. It's kind of weird adjusting to being alone again.

Laura, I'm glad you're still crafting and using your supplies! I gave up on cross-stitch or embroidery and donated the supplies I had to a neighborhood group - frankly I can't see the patterns as easily as a few decades ago. I still have a little bit of watercolor paints, chalk sticks and art paper in case I get creative .

Paula, the downstairs apartment is pretty much back to where it was before - they did a wonderful job cleaning everything up and my other friends came in and retrieved the office table, chairs and floor lamp they had borrowed to them. Have fun packing up and hope you enjoy the Catalinas!

Anita
Old 09-22-20, 07:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It seemed like a short day. I got some stuff done in the morning and then had an infusion this afternoon. I'm pretty tired tonight so we are just watching TV. No exercise at all. I hated to not go for a walk given it was a picture-perfect day. Oh well. I'm hoping to sleep well and wake up non-tired tomorrow.

Paula - Have a great trip. I hope you feel rejuvenated when you get back. It sounds great to get away and you will probably enjoy fresher air.

Anita - It's good your friends left the basement in such great shape. It probably does feel weird to not have people in the house with you. How are you doing with cooking for yourself?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-22-20, 08:13 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Sculpting Day 22 Strength followed by Yoga With Adriene - Yoga for Upper Back.

We leave tomorrow morning so I'll be gone a few days.

Cross your fingers for my young nephew (10), he's having brain surgery tomorrow. They are hoping this will improve his seziures. I hope so too. The family is holding it's collective breath.

Anita, how did the walk without a cane go? After living with others, I'm sure being alone again is an adjustment. You said you might rent out the downstairs apartment at some point. Maybe it would be nice to consider doing that now. A friend of mine rented out a bedroom in her house to help with the mortgage. That was many years ago, the woman who rented it is still there and they have become friends. Not saying that would happen in every case, but if it did, that would be nice for you.

Laura, sometimes a good sleep is worth more than a good walk. Enjoy your lazy afternoon.