Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-05-20, 12:53 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi girls! Not much again yesterday, asthma was real bad in the afternoon/evening. I tried another gentle routine - Lee Holden's Better Breathing. Mold counts have been real high here - I think the humid weather makes it worse. Today it's not so scary.

Summer - your walk with DH sounds so nice. I used to have that Core Fusion - killer arms.

Donna isn't the Kassandra morning challenge nice?

Rose I hope you get some cooler temps soon. Do you enjoy doing cardio?

Well I better knock a few items of my household chores list and decide what exercise to enjoy today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 01:03 PM  
donnamp

Hi

Back with a walk and some stretching. It is really lovely outside today - warm, no humidity.

Pat - I have just "discovered" Kassandra - I like her yoga practices quite a bit and the 10 minutes is perfect for me right now.

Summer Breeze - i can't always follow a rotation, this year, so far, I have only done 2 - the Classical Stretch challenge in January and Jessica Smith's Calm & Strong rotation, which I did in June. I do want to finish this one, just to say I did it, LOL. I'm almost 1/4 of the way through.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-20, 10:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Oh we are having glorious weather here. DH dragged me away from the TV last night to walk in the evening, and I'm glad he did. It was so cool, dry and breezy. My asthma is calming way down between meds and more breathable air.

Donna I see you're enjoying the outdoor walking too. Kassandra has a lot of good yin practices if you like yin.

Good morning to Summer and Rose!
Old 09-06-20, 06:48 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Been working out, posted yesterday but forgot to send.

Yesterday was 20 minutes Richard Simmons and parts of All My Best.

Today was Fabulous at 40. I broke it up into 2 parts and changed the order.The first 2 exercises are on the mat and then onto standing biceps. I decided since I was already on the mat and I had energy,I'd go the dreaded hamstring work in the beginning rather than towards the end. That seemed to work out well. I'm giving myself permission to play with Margaret's sequences in the future.

Pat & Donna Enjoy the glorious weather! Yes, I like low key cardio- mostly outdoor walking, Richard Simmons or Leslie Sansone, super simple and not too heart pounding.

Summer BreezeI hope you are able to partake of nature's bounty today with a walk. It's 98 degrees here....yes, I'm looking forward to the 'cool.'

A positive from working out with Margaret Richard for several months is that I have remained injury free. That's a win in my book.

Hope everyone has a good evening!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday but I did:

Pahla B - Body Shaping Challenge Day 7 - which was a walk on the treadmill for me.

Trifecta Pilates - Stretch and Strengthen workout - this one used a foam roller as a prop. I enjoy Beth's workouts when she uses different props.

Today, I went off the plan. My back is feeling a bit off, and I think it may be Pahla B. overload that is causing it. As much as I enjoy her workouts there is a lot of repetition between them and it is a lot of sneaky core work, which I think has caught up to me. That is about all I can come up w/ to explain why I'm feeling this way - b/c there wasn't an "a ha" moment where i felt that I tweaked something, so that is my working theory for now. It may be a combo of a bunch of stuff, too, but, needless to say doing a push day w/ heavier weights was not in the cards for me!

So I did:

Cocolime Fitness - Cardio M.I.T - 30 minutes - this was a bit more gentle and joint friendly for me this morning.

I also added on Trifecta Pilates - inner leg workout (8 min) w/ Pilates ring and Jessica Valent's Pilates for legs - I did skip some of the exercises in this one but overall it was a good routine.

So, I think I'll take this week off from Pahla and maybe pick it back up next week.....(or not, LOL!)

Gypsy Rose - you know, your mentioning injury free gives me pause to think about incorporating more Margaret into the mix. Actually, a fun rotation, w/ good music may be using Gina B's workouts as my cardio and MR as my weights...although I'd have to subscribe to Body Electric.....and it is a bit pricey.... but something to keep in mind for a "good music" rotation!

Pat - glad our DH dragged you away from the TV!

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Donna
Old 09-07-20, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just walking every day for the most part. I did 2 walks on Saturday and one yesterday and I've been throwing in some squats and push-ups too. I took a hard fall on Saturday during my walk with DH. We were on a side street with some broken sidewalks and I guess my shoe caught on something. I usually can catch myself but not this time. Down like a ton of bricks. Thankfully I just got scraped up a bit but nothing more serious.

PAT, glad DH got you out for a walk and also glad the lovely weather is easing your asthma.

DONNA, always good to back off when the back starts acting up. You do such a nice variety, I'm sure you'll find a plan that works best for you.

ROSE, nice job getting MR to work for you your way. Walking is pretty much the only cardio I do too. Maybe a little kickboxing here and there but not often.
Yes indeed I've been enjoying this lovely weather.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-20, 09:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Enjoying the day off, I love to sleep in and then read at my leisure.

Yesterday we walked at the beach then went to the gym. I did 15 minutes recumbent bike, cable machine and weight machines for chest, back and leg presses. Got my 10,000 steps!!

Summer, oh no how awful about your fall. I'm glad you were not seriously hurt.

Donna, I hope your back feels better soon. Interesting Pilates choices for you.

Injury free is a wonderful thing Rose! I'm also finding mixing things up with MR helps to avert boredom.

Well I better do something with this nice day off.
Old 09-08-20, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday, I ended up taking an outdoor walk in addition to my workout and then I did a few yoga/stretch practices:

Blissasana (You Tube) - 10 Min routine for back care
Ellen B - Sunset stretch

Today, so far has been:

Chris Freytag - 1 Mile Power Walk (from Walk, Sweat & Sculpt) this is a nice routine, the time goes by pretty quickly!

Jessica Valent - Celebrate Your Body; 5 Min Triceps

I may sneak another walk in today, too.

Summer Breeze and Pam - thanks, I am feeling better, and it is definitely best to not continue and risk injury and being sidelined for weeks - been there, done that! I think that Pahla may be a bit too repetitive at times and it may end up resulting in over use injuries. For me, I think it is the standing/twisty core work and, honestly, some of the balance work - and both of those things are good for me, but maybe not daily. And, when I loosely followed her rotations, I would end up doing her stuff anywhere from 3-5X per week, but not 7, so maybe that was just the tipping point for me.

Waves, Gypsy Rose!

There are a couple of free challenges coming up over the next week or two, I have to decide which ones, if any, to do and how to work them in. Robin is doing a 5 day challenge, Emma from e-Pilates is doing a 5 day barre challenge and Beth from Trifecta is doing a 5 or 7 day (I can't remember which~) Pilates challenge. Beth said hers would be up for 10 days, so I will do hers last. Robin and Emma's are the same week - so I may end up doing both of those....15-20 minutes each workout...we'll see.

Waves,

Donna
Old 09-08-20, 06:47 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

The past 2 days have been a low of 90. Glorious! Walked 2 miles each day. Felt so good to get outside. That's all I've done.

Donna- Margaret moves are mostly safe. She does such basic exercises. Today's instructors have to offer something 'new' and that has caused me injury. Still, too much of one thing is still too much. I need to branch out. The rotations you do are such a great read. You put a lot of thought into your workouts and I appreciate what you write about them.

Summer Breeze- Glad you are okay! You are having such a time but you keep going. Good for you!

PatYou seem like you have such a good time when you work out Beach walking is always fun.

Back to heat index 100 tomorrow so no walking. Looks like Margaret and I have a date. It's time to finish up All My Best.

Enjoy the evening!
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-20, 07:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Walking the past 2 days and yesterday I did a few segments from barlates focused 5 min series and a segment from CF Lean & Toned. I'm having a crown put in this morning at the dentist and then I'm supposed to meet some friends for lunch so not sure if I'll work out today. I'll try for a walk at least.

ROSE, wow you've got some brutal heat going on there. Enjoy your date with Margaret!

DONNA, great job with your various workouts! Impressive.

PAT, glad you enjoyed your day off!

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bobandbrad