Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-25-20, 07:14 AM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Cleda - Let me start with 70 pounds down!!! What an amazing accomplishment! Be proud of yourself!
Good to see you checking in and thanks for the foam rolling list. After I did Hannah's I found more by her just by filtering by her name. I liked her Barre workout, very doable for me. I was going for a strength w/o and all of these Barre workouts were there, so I just picked one. I'll definitely try more of them. Also, can't believe you didn't join the rowing challenge!
Waves to Helen & Pam!

9/24 -
20 min. Upper Body Strength w/ Olivia. I liked it, plenty of options.
10 Min. Solution: one of their Pilates DVDs, Total Body Toner. After Pilates Strong, I didn't care for this, mainly because I really struggled with it. Must mean I need more Pilates in my life!
12 min. Fat Burning Walk w/ Jessica.
Our usual dog walk.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 01:30 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

In my opinion???

Life is too short to struggle with workouts you think you need to get better at.

Challenge yourself, but eat dessert first!!!!

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 08:34 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 25:
~SanFran Fitness 24 min Bounce & Power Weight w/o (YT)
~Neighbourhood walk with DH & our houseguest, DS2 & DIL dog, he’s with us for the weekend. Nothing like a little canine love!
~Headstand, Yamuna’s stretch, & my own yin practice with a forward bend & hip opening focus
~steps: 10,134 & counting....

Cleda - Wow, congrats on the weight loss! That’s a huge accomplishment especially in the midst of all this chaos!

Lili - Pilates definitely has a lot of benefits and I’ve tried to get into it, but I just find it kinda dry. I still take a stab at it now and then, but never as a steady diet.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 08:51 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 26:
~Essentrics class on a private FB page with a Montana instructor who’s doing a virtual retreat next weekend. It was very nice!
~WOW: 33 min Bon Jovi walk
~Neighborhood dog walk
~Headstand, upper back acupressure & time in my neck hammock, reclined & seated yin with a hip opening & forward bend focus
~steps: 10,858 so far

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-27-20, 05:27 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Good morning ladies .....

Just checking in before I get started. I can't believe this month is winding down. Thank you for the kudos.

Meanwhile, the workouts continue!

Pam:
Refresh my memory (as it's short and I don't feel like going back to check). WOW is a subscription, isn't it? I love some of the artists that you walk to .... I still read it WOW though! And again, another reminder, (San Fran) that I have to hop on my rebounder. I miss it. Too many workouts, not enough time.

Lili:
I want to try the barre workouts. I also looked around and want to try the resistance ones too. I just have to finish up my challenge or give up my bootcamps or something. Hmmm....

Waves to Helen and Kay!

On to my favorite subject ~ me, me, me:

9/25/2020: 20 Minutes of Rowing, Adrian's Bootcamp (Tread & legs)**, Power Zone Denis Ride 45 minutes, Power Zone Matt Ride 30 minutes, 2 Post Ride stretches

9/26/2020: Rowing (46 minutes), 30 mins. Power Zone CDE Ride, Hannah Corbin Keith Urban Artist series ride (30 mins.) Post Ride Stretch

** I am so enjoy Adrian's bootcamps. I was going to do his upper body one (again) but decided to try the legs. Lots and lots of dead lifts. I loved it. I think in the future, I can string along his upper body Bootcamp and lower body bootcamp and get a wonderful total body in 60 mins. Just something for me to keep in mind. Simple, to the point and (from what I can feel) effective!!!!

I ventured out a little on the rides. I only have 2 more 60 mins. rides to complete for week 6 before the new schedule comes out on Wed. So I have "play time" . Nancy and I will do one of the 60 minute ones today. so I still have time to finish the other either today or Mon. or Tues. Plan, plan, plan. That's the biggest part of these challenges. As my router was being silly today and I couldn't get on the internet, my first thought was? Glad I'm about a week ahead on the challenge! Cuz ya just never know.

I find after doing Power Zone rides all the time, even though the other rides are tough? Never (except for tabata) as tough as PZs! I was actually surprised at the graph and how hard I Pushed.

I have only 2 more rowing sessions to meet my September goal. And 4 days in which to get them done!!! I got this for sure. Not sure what goals I'll set for next month. (rowing wise).

Ok, done babbling.
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Old 09-27-20, 08:55 PM  
Helen

Argh!! Had a long post and lost it. Not long ago - should remember most...

CLEDA
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm staggered on you whittling away all year to 70lb down.
That's so cool about the Pokemon raids & the rowing instructor.

LILI
Pilates IS dry - not interesting workouts at all, but I began to appreciate them much more when it was described as having a plate of marbles across your hips & not only stop them from falling out, but try to keep them still. Changed how I was doing things a LOT, but they're still not fun.

PAM
Initially reacted with "ugh" to seeing "houseguests" until saw it was DS, DIL, & dog. That's totally different to the fishy kind (that need go after 3 days).

ME
On holidays for 2 weeks. DH just left for the farm - past of why that post was lost - walked away from computer.

Friday was the girls' birthday - evening spent on vid-call with them as Cait opened her parcel. She's been on solid lockdown & curfew for months. Just today, they can go 9km from home (rather than only 5) and curfew is lifted.

Saturday we went to Sydney to spend the day/evening with Bridget. Saw her new place. SO much nicer than the previous apartment. Lovely neighbourhood & it's a house with front/back yards. Had a long walk to look around.

Sunday was totally spent answering questions from senior students - studying for the big finals.

Monday (today) - start getting things done that I can't do at the farm:
1) weeding
2) work job that'd be hellish on a single 12" laptop rather than big twin screens
3) house-cleaning so it's nice to come back to (I'll go to farm next week)
4) JUMP LOTS!
Buddy has been dipping out a lot lately, but always with a fair reason.
I don't do alone what we'd planned together as she has limited choices, so I go to the computer (feeling disappointed) to find an alternative then get sucked into a combination of news, backing up discs to file, & work stuff.
So.. now that I have all day to do my own thing - I'll leave buddy-jumping as an extra.

Hitting send before I lose it again.

WAVES TO KAY!!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 11:19 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 27:
~Alexa’s live workout on ETV - This was very nice, I took notes!
~KB Full Body Shred (YT) - 20 min, very good, I did modify the pushups as my wrists protest. KBs sure get the heart pumping!
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding, 20 min on Maxi Glider, short dog walk
~steps: 10,585

Helen - You’ve been busy, enjoy your holiday! Belated happy birthday to your girls. We enjoyed our canine houseguest, DS & DIL didn’t stay, they left him with us to for DS to go to a medical training seminar in the city, hotel provided.

Cleda - Yes WOW, aka Walking Online Workouts, is a $9.99/month subscription. Being the variety junkie that I am, I have paused mine for a while but I will go back to it in a month or two.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-28-20, 05:01 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Helen: Great to see you. Sounds like life is full for you. That's wonderful. You have been busy.

Pam: Thanks for the (re)explanation of WOW.

Waves to Lili & Kay!

Gotta get to posting the workouts as I slept late today (5:30 a.m) and have to get busy!

9/27/2020: Warm Up Ride (5 minutes drills with Matt), Power Zone ride 60 minutes with Matt (and Nancy - we've gone to doing our assigned rides instead of Sundays with Love since we went through all of them. I have to see, I think there's some "from home" we can do. Cuz honestly? I miss them. I'm almost done with week 6 of the PZ challenge though, so only 2 weeks to go)!. Then I did a Robin Arzon's 30 minute "Greatest Showman Ride", followed by a cool down ride with Jenn Sherman (10 mins.) and a post ride stretch with Matt.

I have signed up for a year with a "virtual" online site that allows me to track my meters rowed. I have destinations. So October will be tracking my meters across the English Channel instead of number of rowing workouts. I think I'm ready. It works out to an average of 10k meters a week to meet my 29 day goal. or something like that. Not enough coffee, too many meters and kilometers. lol .... I'm trying.

Make it a great day/week.
Cleda
Old 09-28-20, 05:13 AM  
Helen

Mon., 28th Sep.
45min, Cathe - High Step Training - Mix 3 (Cardio + Upper Body)

Ugh - this house is so NEEDY! Often when DH goes, something goes wrong - bathroom door latch stopped working - locked in; light switch jolted me; ..... tonight one of the fire alarms started chirping. Every 43 seconds as a battery warning, but it's the one in the ceiling above the stairs.

EVERY
FORTY-THREE
SECONDS!

Yes, I used a stop-watch to check.
We don't have a stair-well ladder. Asked DH what he has used to reach it in the past - milk crates + a scaffolding plank but he's 6'1", & I'm 4'10". I'll see what I can do tomorrow, if I don't smash it before then.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 05:22 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Oh no .....

If It was me? The fire alarm would NOT survive till tomorrow ....

Just sayin' ....