Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-25-20, 08:14 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a 46 minute walk with DH in a lovely park a few towns away. I also finally got my crown put in. So far so good.
I am planning a walk today and more PBL.

TERRI, glad the cooler weather is giving you more energy. I don't know if you like pilates but some routines use bands or light weights so that's a nice way to get in some toning without going too heavy. Sometimes doing a weight workout leaves me feeling achey and a little beat up while pilates or core fusion leave me feeling energized.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 05:21 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, sorry to hear the peace and quiet is being disturbed. Hopefully they will get it all out of their systems soon and the quiet will return. Glad to hear you got a good walk in and with DH. Glad you got your crown. Hubby has to get one next week. He's not thrilled.

Terri, that "lot younger' part gets me too. Although for most of my life I've been a couch potato. I think I was in my best shape in my late 30's early 40's. I don't listen to pop music, I barely listen to any music anymore, I don't think I could pick GaGa out of a lineup much less know any of her songs. most of the music is just so-so and doesn't leave much of an impression on me. Nice beat to walk to. I like a lot of the Body Project workouts.

Today I started a few workouts but finally did Exercise TV's Walking Cardio Shape Up with Chris Freytag. Normally I would be thrilled with this one because it alternates cardio with weights. I didn't use weights but since my arm is feeling better I did some of the movements. I also watched a few minutes of her Get Healthy U channel workout for beginners.

We finally had to turn the heat on, but now its warming up again. My shoulder is getting better. We are having trouble getting the materials for an 8 ft fence, so Sunday we will be back in the yard clearing out bushes on the other side. Hubby talked to the owner of a local lumberyard, he says covid has shut some of the mills down, what they can get is backordered, etc. We did want cedar but he told us that pressure treated would last longer, also be a bit cheaper.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 10:41 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Add-on workouts. I got bored. Interesting that I get bored enough to exercise but never bored enough to clean house!

I did Jennifer Lemay Fitness' 1000 steps walking workout. Nice outdoor set, not exciting workout. In her defense, I did do some moves I've never done before.

Followed by Prevention's Michelle Stanton Walking Stronger 15m walking workout. Again not very exciting but a solid workout, if a bit repetitive.

Old 09-26-20, 07:50 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did 2 PBL routines, Stretch & Flow and Rapid Results Workout and a 51 minute walk in the afternoon. I'm following Lisa's Spring into Summer Challenge and she usually posts 2 workouts a day.
I am planning more PBL and a walk today.

PENGUIN, sounds like you found some decent workouts on YT. Oh sorry to hear hubby needs a crown. Not a fun process at all. Good luck with finishing up your yardwork and getting a fence. Glad the shoulder continues to improve.

Waves to all. Have a great weekend!

Old 09-26-20, 01:23 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Well, so much for my idea of checking in more regularly in September. It just got away from me! Anyhow, not much to report - just the same ole same ole. Walking, a few hikes up the mountains, some biking etc.

The fall colours are so beautiful this year. I wish I could post a picture here for you all to see.

Anyhow, I hope all is well with everyone.
Old 09-26-20, 02:00 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Nora, it is too bad you can't post pictures of the Fall colors. The only change here is that the rain turned the browning grass back to green.

Penguin, I've been happy that I haven't had to run the AC for a few days; can't wait to need the heater. I never seem to get bored enough that house cleaning appeals to me, either.

SB, that's a good idea, because I did used to enjoy Pilates. It must be nice to have your husband go for walks with you, and to have different parks to choose from. Our parks are mostly on the beach, or very small.

I have been doing my after dinner walks, and during the day a mix of the treadmill, and whatever I find on YT -- Leslie, her other instructors, and another Jessica Smith.

Hi to everybody!

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 05:38 PM  
patchworkpenguin

today I tried a new walking workout, Rick Bhullar fitness. He has a great accent but other than the intro he didn't say anything, just played cotton candy music. Sigh. Some of the moves were fun but overall it was slow and uninspired.

Followed by 50Something's Super Fast 30m Indoor walk. this was a bit too fast but the steps were dancy, but basic and repeated a lot.

I think I'm just bored. I've been doing the same kind of workouts forever.I don't like the more complex workouts because then I have to modify everything. whine whine whine...

I should have turned the AC back on today. Maybe I'll do that now. Its warming up again and Mr Sun is coming out from behind the clouds just in time to set.

SB, our hygienist suggested a electric toothbrush, so we got an Oral B. It turns out this is my second electric toothbrush. I had a Snoopy version in the early 70's. I found a picture of it on Ebay and sent it to my older sister but she didn't really remember it.

Nora, I hear you on the same old same old. I guess that's what I'm feeling.

Terri, I did have to vacuum today, it needs to be done. I practically filled up the canister with Cindy's fur from just the main area rug.

Old 09-27-20, 08:39 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a PBL workout on the beach (she was on the beach not me) and a 46 minute afternoon walk. I am planning a walk today and possibly more. It's DD's birthday so we'll be going out to dinner later (outdoor dining, she won't eat inside the restaurant). It's kind of cloudy and crappy now but I think it's clearing up later hopefully.

NORA, good to see you stopping by.
I don't blame you enjoying your last weeks at the cottage. We hardly have any fall colors yet but I'm sure they'll be coming in the next few weeks.

TERRI, nice job keeping up with your various walks. That's great getting movement throughout your day like that. DH doesn't walk with me often but it is a nice change of pace going to the different parks in the area.

PENGUIN, I hear you on getting bored with the same kind of workouts. At least you keep moving, that's the main thing. I may look into an electric toothbrush. They may have suggested that to me at one time. Is it supposed to be more effective at cleaning? I'll do anything to avoid more crowns in the future.

Old 09-27-20, 02:01 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, I've been battling the boredom from doing the same type workouts, too, even though I haven't been doing them very long.
When I walk on the treadmill, it's usually only 2% incline, and 3.3 MPH, so I can read. That prevents the boredom, but it doesn't really pump up my heart rate.

SB, have fun with your daughter at dinner. I got an Oral B a few years ago, because my dental hygienist suggested one. I don't know if it does clean better, but it's got a two minute timer, so I know I brush long enough.

All I've done today is treadmill reading - I've been reading some books by Victor Methos that are free with Prime Reading, and while they can get gory in spots, they do make the time fly by! I read something different at night before I go to sleep.
I did try another Heart Healthy Leslie after dinner last night, but it was from a really brisk segment, and while it was fun, I modified down, because I'd showered before dinner.

The weather today is warmer, but still not hot, so I pulled some weeds and got my garden bed ready for a fall crop of beans and chard. That's all the seeds I have so that's what I'll plant. I have a few tomato plants that have lived thru the heat, and they're blooming, so I hope to get tomatoes again before it gets too cold. I ate the 1st grapefruit off my tree yesterday, but they need more time. It was close, but not quite ripe.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:13 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a couple of short walks to the store and back and a short core segment from PBL. I am planning a regular walk today and probably more PBL.
The dinner was a lot of fun. We actually ate indoors because the restaurant had tables set up on the sidewalk and we didn't want to eat right on the street with traffic going by. Some restaurants set up tents in their parking lot for diners but this restaurant didn't have a parking lot so they set up tables on the street. It wasn't crowded though so we felt comfortable and enjoyed ourselves.

TERRI, good walks as always. It seems like you still have a lot of bounty coming from your gardens this time of year. We're completely done now until next year.
I've actually been reading quite a bit this summer. I hadn't read in ages while I was working those crazy hours I used to work. I've been reading mostly murder mysteries. I'll look into this Victor Methos you mentioned. What else have you been reading?