Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-20, 07:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi folks,

Today I did Rev'd Up Rumble scrambled premix #1. This one has the calorie crush at the beginning and at the end. It was a good, not killer workout. So I'm down to 8 to go! If the past pattern is true for this series, then she will be shipping around October 4th since that's when the preorder will end. I'd rather have a few days or a week between the end of this rotation and the arrival of Perfect 30 than finish the day before! I have tons of options to fill in the gap.

bee, yes I tend to use the newer workouts more, and I like your perspective. It is like a gym membership which I don't spend the money on. LOL on the 110 lb. barbell in your space! How did you move it? I would have tried rolling it out of the way.

Waves to all! Enjoy the weekend.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 09:52 AM  
lavna

Happy Saturday all!

I sedom use a barbell. I'm more comfortable with dumbbells. To go heavier for legs, I use an ajustable weight vest. I feel it's safer for my back. Often, I'll use my vest (it's at 30 lbs at the moment) and hold dumbbells to inscrease the weight.

I would like to get 12 lbs rubber dumbbells as they are less slippery but, as it's been said, there either unavailable or expensive. As cataddict said, maybe will find some second-hand in a few months!

I'm really excited about Perfect30. Can't wait to see the rest of the clips!

Enjoy your weekend!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 10:59 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday gals!!

Yesterday got away from me but I did Drill Max Live and didn't go heavier on anything because I was super sore and had slept wrong so my neck and shoulder felt wonky. Drill Max Live is fun but NOT nearly the intense workout the DVD version is....and it just made me want to add the original back into my rotation soon!

Kim, you've reminded me I have some Kelly workouts I've never tried yet too.

ChelePA, how'd the tournament go? And I agree about Kat's workouts...serious brain workout for me making sure I'm 'getting' everything but still fun.

Oh, Cataddict, I hope that's true about equipment showing up on CL and other places! Like Nathalie, I wish my 15's and 20's were of the rubber coated variety instead of pure metal but at least I have them for now!

Horusosiris, I think that one might be her longest Live and I have been eyeing it for a while (if I'm thinking of the right one).

Bee, hah, preworkout of moving 110 pounds!!! Too funny!

KateTT, I agree 3 pounds is either water or muscle or both. Way to go!!!

I'm getting SUPER excited for the Perfect 30 DVDs, y'all!!

Okay, off to do some chores and take a rest day for my poor sore arms. Waves all the way around! Stay fierce, my friends!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 01:13 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Saturday

Today I did KCM's Cardio Crush 2 and a Sleek Flex and Stretch workout.

Kittybug- the metal dumbbells are nice sometimes because you can use platemates with them. I probably use both rubber and metal dumbbells equally. That 73 minute CL is good, especially if you want to do an endurance based workout.

Cataddict- 8 and counting! What do you plan to do after you complete the eight workouts?

I tend to think that people are going to hold onto the dumbbells that they acquired. Out of desperation, some people paid premium prices for them. They also may have discovered the benefit of having the choice of a at home or at the gym workout.

Enjoy the rest of the day. Monday will be here before we know it
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 05:56 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello!!

Ha, cataddict, to move the heavy barbell I used that well known technique called the "scooch and roll".

I keep wanting to tell all of you looking for dumbbells to check with all the gyms that are closing, but then I realize they probably sold to their clients as they were in the midst of closing.

kittybug, I saw your mention of Drill Max but didn't read "Live" at first and I thought "oooh yikes, that's a doozie!" Too bad the live one doesn't live up to it. Or, maybe it's just fine.

I have toastmasters on Saturday mornings so I frequently take it as a rest day, but today I was wide awake fairly early so decided to do the first half of Imax 4 -- still loving it!! -- followed by Rudy's Non-Stop Flow. That's a pretty good one coming in at 40 minutes if you can stomach Rudy. He's not bad in this one, but is sort of "Non-Stop Talking" too. It's just more useful than he sometimes is. But I like his practices so I'm not really meaning to complain -- just trying to help you decide if you'd want to try it or not.

Nice to see the list of premixes for Perfect 30. I really am getting so excited. But I say that every day, don't I?!
Old 09-26-20, 06:34 PM  
manleym

Hi Friends!

Trying to catch up on everyone's posts. Love reading them!

Kim I like KCM's Cardio Sculpting too. It's a good one! And I agree with Horusosiris - those are some good KCM workouts she mentioned. I LOVE the music in Bodyweight Training! I also love Lean Body Circuits and Cardio Pump.

Horusosiris you have two sets of dumbbells ranging from 2-100 lbs?!? I want to come to your gym!! I am so happy you have such a nice set-up but envious! I would LOVE to build an addition over our garage that would be a workout room. Not going to happen though - sigh.

Cataddict you're almost there! Finish line is in sight! Any thoughts on what you'll do next? Hopefully Perfect 30?

Bee FT Total Body is a good one! You'll have to give Stretch and Sweat a try. It's a dandy! More stretch than sweat. I like your perspective on the money spent on workouts equaling a gym membership. My "budget" on buying dvds is equal to my husband's gym membership (which he never goes to) and his monthly dues for karate. That's how I justify my spending.

I'm also really looking forward to Perfect 30 and all the great premixes! The HIIT one looks the least appealing to me because it's the same moves as most other HIIT workouts. I guess there's there's a limited number of HIIT moves so there's not much to choose from. I know someone mentioned lots of up and down off the floor moves, but I don't remember them. I'll have to re-watch the clip.

Can't remember where I left off so here's what I've done for the week:

Monday - Tracie Long Signature Series 1. I liked it. It's not very intense, and I really like the floorwork w/ankle weights. I also did Travis Short & Sweet 1. He's so serious in this one and the music is dramatic. I thought it was funny how "serious" it is.

Tuesday - Cathe Fit Tower Advanced Bootcamp + abs - really liked it!!!

Wednesday - Cathe Fit Tower Advanced Legs, Glutes, Core - really liked it too! Mostly barre moves, but a good one! Then I did Emily-clare Hill Stretch And Sweat and of course, liked it. It was a great stretch.

Thursday was Tracie Long Signature Series 2 (I liked it better than 1 - fresh, new moves, more intense than 1)

Friday - I've never done Cathe Step Jam, so I gave it a try. It was a good steady state, easy to follow step workout. She was more "vocal" but it didn't bother me. Kinda funny! More vocal meaning it sounded like she was "woofing" in some places and "who-hooing". Then I did Travis Short & Sweet 2. Still serious but seemed harder than 1.

Today was new-to- me KCM Home Gym Intervals premix 1 that combined both workouts. Since I don't have a machine for the cardio part I did high knees, butt kicks, fast speed skaters, jacks. I also thought I could do mountain climbers, basics on a step. If I remember correctly, the cardio is only 1 - 1 1/2 minutes so any cardio would do. Then I did Steve Jones Relieving Tension In The It Band. It was a great stretch and I liked Steve. He's new to me.

Hope to post more later. Getting ready to start dinner - pan seared gulf grouper, homemade bruschetta, glass of wine...can't wait!!

Waves and hugs to all of my fierce Watulan friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 07:24 PM  
Mickey12

Manley I find the Travis short and sweet practices pretty fast paced and not at all relaxing. They feel to me like Travis was trying to cram so much into 30 minutes that it made him uneasy. They are good for time crunched days though. I also think 2 is slightly harder than 1.

What did you think of KCM Home Gym Intervals? I love this workout but I think having a treadmill makes a difference.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 10:23 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Manley I find the Travis short and sweet practices pretty fast paced and not at all relaxing. They feel to me like Travis was trying to cram so much into 30 minutes that it made him uneasy. They are good for time crunched days though. I also think 2 is slightly harder than 1.

What did you think of KCM Home Gym Intervals? I love this workout but I think having a treadmill makes a difference.

Kim
Mickey- I have done all of KCM's HGI. You do not need a treadmill. I have used my rebounder, rower, spin bike, walked in place, hi/lo, step, hiit, heavy bag segments, boxing segments, etc.. I find the HGI workouts just as effective and fun with or with cardio equipment. I have even varied what cardio I did throughout the workout.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 01:03 PM  
manleym

Kim, I agree with Horusosiris. HGI is very easy to modify. In fact, that's one of the reasons I like Kelly's workouts - the cardio is very easy to modify. I was a sweaty mess afterward and got a great workout. I didn't feel like I was missing out because I didn't have any equipment. I just had to make sure the moves were high/intense enough, and varied. It will be interesting to see how Short & Sweet 3 is. I haven't tried it yet. Wondering if it's harder than 2 or about the same. Might try it this week.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 05:58 PM  
Mickey12

Hey everyone,

I've been thinking lately that I need to reduce my virgin pile. Right now I have 25 or so, not counting the 6 sets of Margaret Richard Unplugged and the 12 DVDs of Classical Stretch seasons and individual workouts. So I decided on Amy Bento HiLo Extreme. OMG, so much fun! The music is great, the combinations are athletic so not too complicated to grasp, and it's just happy and fun and hard. It's 63 minutes and also has several shorter premixes which is what I will likely do in the future. It also has really, really long premixes that combine weight work with the cardio.

Manley I think it was you who was also doing some Amy Bento workouts in the late spring or summer, maybe? Do you have this one? It's right up there with Hi/lo Dome Challenge as far as fun factor.

So, speaking of virgin workouts, how many do you all have currently? I never used to have this many, but somehow I have accumulated them.

I hope everyone has a terrific night.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in