Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-20, 10:47 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught Essentrics
~Trudie Styler Pure Sculpt: arm w/o 2....some interesting & unusual arm work! I’m going through my dvd collection, it’s been collecting dust.
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding, 20 min on my Maxi Glider, WOW 20 min Madonna walk
~MFML: Slow it Down Hatha
~steps: 11,403 and still counting....

Sherry - Oh I must check out that Body Project workout! Is that the one you posted a link to on GD? Nice workouts & step counts!

Pat - Nice Workouts for you too! I must revisit MR sometime....

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 08:20 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Pre-walk stretch routine
~ 30 butt bridges
~ Lunch walk (1.4, 29 mins)
~ Short evening stroll w/DH
~ Stat totals 3.89 miles, 41 minutes, 5 floors, 9,029 steps

I need to clear my desk before leaving for the weekend! Looking forward to a Zoom Yin/Nidra workshop tonight.

Have a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-20, 08:28 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s offerings:
~SanFran Fitness 24 min Bounce & Power Weight w/o (YT)
~Neighbourhood walk with DH & our houseguest, DS2 & DIL dog, he’s with us for the weekend. Nothing like a little canine love!
~Headstand, Yamuna’s stretch, & my own yin practice with a forward bend & hip opening focus
~steps: 10,134 & counting....

Pat - Enjoy your workshop!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-26-20, 09:11 AM  
sherry7899

I took a full rest day yesterday. My body needed it. I have noticed though that I have less energy and more of an appetite on rest days! That seems backwards to me.

I plan to do yoga later, but this morning I did:

Body Project PT 2 Circuit cardio/weight workout 30minutes
Body Project cardio interval workout-28 minutes

I am glowing now

I will have a quiet day at home. My DH left the house really early to get in line at a record store an hour away for Record Store Day. This is the second one this year. The third one will be next month. He will be out most of the day, and my son is working 1-7 pm. I plan to do a nice long yoga practice if possible, make some roasted vegetables and make homemade pizza for dinner. We haven't had it in awhile.

When I was at the dentist on Monday, they had HGTV on, and I got sucked into watching a show "Love it Or List it." I had stopped watching that channe years ago, but I really liked that show. I found Hulu has a few seasons, so I may do a little marathon today. I can't believe the housing prices, though! There are houses valued at over $500,000 that are 1100 square feet. Where is this? Nowhere we could afford to live!

Pat, how was your workshop?

Pam, I hope you are having a nice day.

I will try to check back later.

Sherry

ETA: Pam, yes that was the Body Project workout I posted about in GD.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 11:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Saturday greetings. Yesterday featured:

~ Pre-walk stretch/PT
~ 30 butt bridges
~ 30 box climbs
~ lunch walk (1.02, 23 mins)
~ yoga nidra

I'm tired of posting daily stats already, LOL. The workshop was a big bust. It wasn't the usual teacher, it was the studio owner. It was supposed to be one hour each yin then meditation/nidra. She did not lead a yin class, we did half hour of energy work (qigong warmups and knocking, bhastrika) and some prana, followed by 45 minute nidra. When it was over she apologized and said she realized halfway through it was supposed to be two hours with asana. Roll eyes!

I loaded up at the organic coop and have avocados, local green beans, broccoli, beets and pattypan squash, and a bunch of lacinato kale as long as my arm. If anyone has ideas for any of those, please share.

Sherry, it's nice to hear you are glowing. Your dinner sounds wonderful. I sometimes watch Love It or List It and Property Brothers. Their clients buy million dollar homes without batting an eye and then pay them to move internal staircases, oy.

Aw Pam, nothing like a doggie to make your walk interesting. I want to know - did you walk the dog or did the dog walk you?

I'm headed out to have tea with my niece who I haven't seen since June.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-20, 08:50 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Essentrics class on a private FB page with a Montana instructor who’s doing a virtual retreat next weekend. It was very nice!
~WOW: 33 min Bon Jovi walk
~Neighborhood dog walk
~Headstand, upper back acupressure, time in my neck hammock, reclined & seated yin with a hip opening & forward bend focus
~steps: 10,858 so far

Pat - I’m sorry the yoga was a disappointment. That’s frustrating especially when you were looking so forward to it!
You could make an amazing salad with all that! Make a dressing, cook the beets, blanch the beans, the rest raw.....a little everything in a bowl and you’d have enough to make salad for a few days or to take to work for lunch.

Sherry - I Hope you enjoyed your me time while the guys were out! I used to watch Love it or List it when we had cable. I believe it’s filmed in Toronto & Vancouver which are Canada’s most expensive cities to buy a house.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-27-20, 06:07 AM  
sherry7899

Pam, thanks so much for clarifying! I wondered why those places were so incredibly expensive. Your virtual retreat sounds lovely!

Yesterday afternoon I did a 30 minute Yoga Upload practice. I am not sure what I will do today. I will post later.

Sherry

Old 09-27-20, 09:08 AM  
cyana

Good Morning - Sorry to be such a check-in dud, but I'm working an insane number of hours and that includes today. I did a short work-out this AM, and I'm planning to work 3-4 hours, take another work-out break, and work another 3-4 hours.

Started my day with Team Body Project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNAOIXhNRJs . This is the Cardio/Resistance work-out posted 9.23.2020 that Sherry linked in GD. This packed a lot into 17 minutes and it was FUN.

Two thumbs up to Sherry - I'll definitely be trying more Body Project work-outs. Loved hearing "Superstition". I hope you had a nice day while your DH was out at Record Day yesterday.

Pat - Bummer on the workshop. If she was that ill-prepared, it sounds like she should offer another work-shop at no charge to all the participants. Yum, what a nice veggie haul. Pam's idea was great. I love beets and can't wait until my local farmers have their fall crops. I got some collards yesterday - the first of the season. They're massively tender, so I'll probably just saute them.

Pam - Are you going to do the virtual retreat? Hope you're enjoying your canine visitor this week-end. One of my co-workers sent me some hysterical video clips of her dog on Friday - he's usually snoring, but that day he was running through the house like a tornado!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 03:04 PM  
sherry7899

Cyana, I am so glad you liked the Team Body Project workout. They were smart to put that one on you tube! I think it will send more people to join for their paid offerings.

This morning I did a harder Body Project cardio. My legs are spent today. I may do lie on the floor yoga later. I had hoped to tack on some short cardio, but I am not up to it after the squats and lunges from the above workout.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Sherry

Old 09-27-20, 11:11 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Alexa’s live workout on ETV - This was very nice, I took notes!
~KB Full Body Shred (YT) - 20 min, very good, I did modify the pushups as my wrists protest
~Cardio: 20 min rebounding, 20 min on Maxi Glider, short dog walk
~steps: 10,585

I think I need to check out Team Body Project!

Cyana - Yes I am participating in the virtual Essentrics retreat, really looking forward to it. Jackie one of the organizers & is teaching a class.

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn