Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-13, 12:50 PM  
Diana3271

Question Substitution for Combat Shock Plyo Hiit 2

Can you think of a good substitute for LM Combat Shock Plyo Hiit 2? I have adapted to Power Hiit 1, but I don't think I am ever going to like Hiit 2. TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 01:55 PM  
wallace22

Thanks for asking, I was wondering the same thing. I've enjoyed all the Body Combat workout except this one.
wallace22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 02:10 PM  
JP44

Why not one of the TF HiiTs--either the regular or low impact ones.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 02:24 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP44 View Post
Why not one of the TF HiiTs--either the regular or low impact ones.

Joan
TF is a normal Hiit workout. This Shock Phyo thing is not a normal Hiit workout. It's like some kind of psycho torture Hiit workout. I guess doing something normal might, in fact, be better.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-13, 06:55 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
TF is a normal Hiit workout. This Shock Phyo thing is not a normal Hiit workout. It's like some kind of psycho torture Hiit workout. I guess doing something normal might, in fact, be better.
I just ordering Body Combat so I'm poking around looking for discussions about it (again) because that's what vidiots do. This made me LOL and also prepared me to hate Shock Plyo Hiit.

I guess since I don't much care for shock, plyo, or HIIT, it wouldn't have surprised me very much anyway if I didn't like this one.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 07:03 PM  
kitty12

Gosh, I wish I could remember this one better. I remember liking it, but I just completed week 3 of the Ultimate Warrior rotation and it is only used once up until now and isn't used again until the last couple of weeks. What specifically didn't you like about it? I really like the bonus legs workout which maybe could sub for it.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-13, 09:05 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I just ordering Body Combat so I'm poking around looking for discussions about it (again) because that's what vidiots do. This made me LOL and also prepared me to hate Shock Plyo Hiit.

I guess since I don't much care for shock, plyo, or HIIT, it wouldn't have surprised me very much anyway if I didn't like this one.
Think positive, you just might like it. I hated Hiit 1 just as much, but it is tolerable, now. I don't think there is any help for me with Hiit 2.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-13, 09:10 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty12 View Post
What specifically didn't you like about it? I really like the bonus legs workout which maybe could sub for it.
I don't think I like anything about the workout. Unfortunately, I'm not good with remembering the moves from workouts. There must be a lot of going to the floor and getting back up. That's one thing that I really hate. Do they do double time push ups? I also hate going to the floor, the moves are really fast on the floor, and then having to get back up really quickly to do two jumps or something like that.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 01-11-13, 11:41 PM  
kitty12

Well, if it is the up and down thing (like burpees that are really fast in Power HIIT?) then maybe if you have the Combat Legs DVD (the Ultimate Warrior package) would be a good replacement. It does have a lot of plyo in it, but not as much up/down. Otherwise, what do you have on hand that is HIIT type?

I love Power HIIT, but between the burpee section with jumps followed by the body weight core/upper body work - I am exhausted when I'm done.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-13, 08:09 AM  
Diana3271

I forgot to mention that I didn't get the Ultimate Warrior package, so I don't have the lower body workout. I have the TF Hiits, which is all cardio, I can probably sub the Combat Hiit 1 workout, I also have Insanity Plyo. Is that considered Hiit? That one might be too hard, too. I did Insanity during the Summer and just barely survived.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana