Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-20, 08:16 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's Wednesday. When did that happen Not much planned today - normal routine this morning and taking DH to his PT appointment this afternoon. I'll cook something simple at some point.

Paula - If it were up to me, I wouldn't have even been upstairs to look at decorations yet. And I'd probably go with an ornament tree or two rather than the full tree. I just tried to keep with with DH. Yeah, I make my next hair appointment before leaving the salon. The person who cuts my hair is too busy and my hair gets too thick in the 5-6 week after a cut for me to leave it.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 09:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Yeah, today is Wednesday... I'm kind of being lazy as well as cautious - someone asked me if I wanted to come in on Wednesdays and feed bats as they are a bit short-handed on Wednesdays - I've not agreed to do that yet and really don't want to. I've not seen an announcement that they need someone from the management. I kind of like my one day commitment there. I'm still working on starting the Christmas cards - I did notice a friend sent me a card telling me about the salmon he sent me - came a week after the delivery, so I assume the mail rate is lots slower this year... I should take advantage of this relatively warm day (40F) and get the inside of my car cleaned up after finishing the leaf and plant deliveries to the compost pile and lots of Gus hair back there!

Laura, I wasn't able to get every one of my Christmas ornaments up on the tree - lots of the remaining ones are home made ones - not by me or anyone I remember and kind of yucky - I'm wondering if I should toss some of those. Are your White House ornaments different presidents or different styles they chose for the year? I like having my little tree - haven't just put a plastic sheet over the decorated one and kept it in storage though - that would be lots faster to put it up, but the ritual of decorating is something I use on the tree for memories as I decorate. We've got similar hair stylists and the need for scheduled cuts - the Covid did make me bypass a bit of hair cutting though so I know I'd survive.

Paula, that picture of Gus was taken in October by one of my friends that I take a walk with - it's on a path we walk on in a park near my house. The flowers are now all dead and gone due to the cold . You're a lot more casual about your hair cuts that I am . I'm kind of glad you can be so casual about what day you'll go flying.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 09:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B, Body Shaping, Day 24 Met Con. DH and I flew to Catalina and hiked the airport loop trail. Nice day.

Laura, yeah, Wednesday snuck up on me too. Couple of friends and I try to check in with each other every Tuesday. We all forgot yesterday - what's up with that! Our weeks have become monotonious, not much is happening for any of us, not much to share, I guess. Tomorrow, I am truely going to start decorating. I won't get a tree yet - we always get a real tree and I wait until the second week in Dec in hopes it will last until after New Year.

Anita, Love the picture of Gus - your friend made a good photo. It's not that I'm casual about haircuts - well, ok, I am. But both boating and flying are weather driven. If you make appointments ahead of time, you may miss an opportunity to get out. For me, the possibility of getting out to fly or boat trumps almost anything else. The only appointments I make in advance are dental and medical. I take my chances with everything else. Haircuts are a low priority by comparision.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 08:42 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Speaking of haircuts, it's HAIRCUT DAY this afternoon. While we are there, we are going to pick up chicken salad from a new restaurant in the area. Mom and Dad say it's good. Before then, I need to get my normal stuff done, quiet time, exercise, etc.

Anita - Then don't go in on Wednesday. If you like your routine now, stick to it. You can give someone else an opportunity to do good. I thought of you the other day when I loaded my groceries in my car. The woman at the next car over and I were talking about how we weren't ready for the cold weather. It was in the upper 40s with a stiff breeze. We both joked how people up north would consider our cold day a heat wave there. We had both lived in Chicago decades ago and agreed we were cold wusses.

Paula - It's good you had such a nice day. It makes sense that you'd want to prioritize the plane or boat on good days.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-03-20, 09:01 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing some Carcassonne this morning (sorry I just feel the name resembles carcass too much ), walking Gus with a friend, and putzing around - I should water orchids today - another cymbidium is starting to bud out! I'm still planning on writing up Christmas cards - not as many addresses this year.

Paula, guess my haircuts are the thing to look forward to nowadays as a landlubber . I should get some more outdoor activities going...

Laura, yay for haircut day! It was hot up here yesterday - around 40 . I did get my car cleaned up inside from all the dog hair and yard waste in that frigid weather - I wore my usual light jacket .

Anita
Old 12-03-20, 09:01 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 25 Moderate Strength followed Yoga with Kassandra Morning Stretch.

I did get the decorating done - at least until we get a tree (if we do). We've gotten to the age where we debate every year whether to get a tree. We decide we're not going to get one - then we do. It's become a predictable comic routine. But this year might be the year we just don't bother 'cuz somehow it just doesn't feel like the holidays.

My county is going backward - in terms of COVID restrictions. Even outside dining is being closed down. Hair salons are still open with restrictions. I am going to do my absolute level best to get a haircut tomorrow, just in case.

Laura, do you and your DH get haircuts at the same place? Since quarantine, I've been cutting DH's hair and so far no complaints. He says he may never go back to a professional. Of course he has very little hair anymore, so there's that. I get that conversation about weather, of course there's California where the true weather wusses live. A new fire broke out last night, close enough that we've had raining ash most of the day.

Anita, did you get to the orchids today? I finally got out to water the plants on the back patio today. My MIL love cynbidiums, when she died we brought many of them home. I loved them but gave them all away, with all my plants, when we left for Mexico the first time. I couldn't expect a neighbor to watch my plants for months and month. Your mention them makes me think maybe I should get some for myself. Don't take on another day at the WRC if you don't want it, as Laura said, give someone else the chance to do good.
Old 12-04-20, 09:40 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Happy Friday. I am enjoying the thought of it being Friday, mainly because we have nothing on the calendar. That NEVER happens! So I'll be doing some normal stuff like quiet time and exercise. And I need to start wrapping gifts. I've lost track of what I have and don't have for DH and with his birthday being 3 days after Christmas, there's a lot to track.

Paula - I'm sorry the fire is so close to you. I hope it dies down quickly. DH and I go to the same place to get our hair cut. He still has a lot of hair and he is very picky about his hair. And I can't but a straight line to save myl life. I will never cut his hair because it wouldn't end well.

Anita - Cool on the blooms. I bet the flowers are pretty. I said to that lady in the grocery store parking lot that northern people would be out washing their cars in their shirt sleeves in our weather. You probably wait to put on the heavy coat for when temps drop below zero...

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 12-04-20, 12:25 PM  
sciencelady

Dealing with 500 errors today...
Old 12-04-20, 12:26 PM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at WRC taking care of bats, turtles and songbirds. I'll be finishing my Christmas cards today and sending them off. Otherwise a Gus walk is in the works. Oh and I'll be playing an online card game this afternoon!

Paula, I still have a real tree stand and am trying to decide whether to donate it away or keep it in case I get a natural drift again. Yeah, I'm not sure how bad the restrictions will get in the next months or so - sounds like things will get a bit stricter over time trying to control this disease! Yes, I watered the orchids yesterday - I've got a zygopetalum in full bloom that smells wonderful and one cymbidium budding right now. A friend I share with has another of my cymbidiums that is currently blooming - weird in that mine usually blooms in summer. I'll probably give or gift my orchids away if I need to move to a senior living place - I'll try to keep some but doubt I'll have my greenhouse room like I currently have. At least no police have checked out my room these last several years .

Laura, I don't think I've had a blank Friday either for YEARS! You're wise dealing with DH's hair (or specifically not dealing with it ).Short sleeves yesterday, nope, but winter coat starts coming out when temps are in the teens...

Anita
Old 12-04-20, 09:10 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was Yoga With Kassandra Morning Yoga day 4, then Pahla B Body Shaping Day 26 - core. We went to Dana Point today and did our usual walk.

I did manage to get a haircut today thank goodness. I'm not sure whether the hair salons will have to close down again.

Laura, glad you got a quiet day, maybe getting some gift wrapped? The fire has moved away from us, but we're still getting some ash. The reason I can cut my DH's hair is that he doesn't have much left.

Anita, you and Laura are so ahead of me, I pulled my cards out and put them on the desk - I meant to start addressing them but somehow that didn't get started. Your orchids sound beautiful. Do you enjoy caring for songbirds? I think I would like that, I'm a bird person. Well I love to watchc them in the bird baths and the hummers coming into my garden.