Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-21-20, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

It was a lovely day for a walk. We have another nice one today before it gets cooler and/or rainy again. I am planning to walk today and hopefully more. I'm in a bit of a funk with anything other than walking for my workouts.

PENGUIN, too bad instructors think beginner means repetitive and boring. Your knitting projects always sound so lovely. Will the knitting meetings resume in the new year?

Waves to all. Have a great day everyone!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-20, 06:19 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, thank you so much. I certainly hope Knitting resumes in January. Our leader is very busy so I'm hoping she doesn't put it off for a while. Our Church Bible study isn't meeting again until February in hopes that the flu/covid season will be over. I'm afraid our Knitting leader may follow suit.

We decided not to have Thanksgiving but I'd already bought the ingredients for the pumpkin pies so I backed two off today. {I suspect this is the real reason they sell the frozen already in the pan pie shells in twos}. We are going to take one to my parents on Monday. Its a little hard to get into making Tday pies when its 75* outside! Rain is forecast off and on for the next week. sigh.

Today was barre and dance. I started with Workout Hotel's Body Sculpting Barre workout, which was fairly easy, and with the exception of a series of releves was mostly non barre.

I followed this with two selections of Up To the Beat Fit. 10m Full body circuit and Madonna Mix Power walk. I think I'm running out of these workouts, too.

One of Hubby's coworkers said that he gets Tday off but Hubby hasn't said anything about it, so he may be trying to surprise me. i hate surprises!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-20, 09:56 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

I wanted to do an MR workout from her streaming site but I couldn't get the videos to load. I spent 45 minutes trying all different ways to get to the videos to no avail. This is why I'm not a streaming fan.
Anyway I lost my motivation to work out at that point. I am planning a walk today and if I can't get to the MR streaming videos I'll cut my losses quickly and hopefully do a dvd instead.

PENGUIN, I can't remember if you tried Pahla B on YT. I think she's pretty popular if you run out of new material. She's a talker though. It probably is a good idea for the knitting and bible study groups to wait a few months before resuming even though I know you'll miss them. Hmmm it does sound like hubby may be planning a surprise for Thanksgiving. We're just having a small gathering, DH, DD, DS and his gf and me. It's just a treat for me not to be working on Thanksgiving for a change.

Old 11-22-20, 10:00 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

PP- I'm glad that you enjoyed your mini vacation. It's always refreshing to have a little get-away! As for Thanksgiving, ours was a month ago. It was just my Hubby and son and me. The previous one was 20 people, so that was different. Maybe next year the pandemic will be behind us and we can have more normal holidays.

SB- I'm in the same funk as you. I really only want to walk for the last few months. But ya - it's getting colder. My friend's pep talks basically amount to dressing properly from head to foot. No. - I will be walking less in the winter. I've lived through enough winters to know that. I went to Montreal on the weekend and bought myself some serious boots. they have flippable studs on the bottom for anti skid, are warm and water-proof. Also, they are bright red and very shiny. I'm happy!

Workouts? I'll let y'all guess.
Old 11-23-20, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR #1013
54 minute outdoor walk

Well I got the streaming site to work again.
Apparently a lot of people were having problems with it on Saturday and MR said (on her FB page) that it was a new website and they were working on getting the kinks out. If/when the rain stops, I am planning a walk today. I'm meeting some friends later so not sure what else I'll fit in.

NORA, let me guess, you did some walking? Shiny red boots sound fun.
I just bought a big down coat online in a Black Friday deal. The reason I'm so determined to walk this winter is because I know I will never be consistent with any type of indoor cardio, can't do it, don't like it. I would love another mild winter like last year but I doubt that will happen.

Old 11-23-20, 11:18 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

It's raining this morning so I decided to try out Cathe's Perfect 30 HIIT (low impact). Although I don't usually do this kind or workout, I have to say I enjoyed it. I liked the variety and the fact that she never says anything like "now we will repeat the last 5 exercises". She just moves on. Of course, the 30 minute format was bonus too - light at the end of the tunnel.

if the rain lets up, I may go for a shorter walk later.

SB - I think you can continue walking all winter. Although NJ/NY/QC Spring and Autumn weather is pretty much the same, we are way colder in the winter than your area. You can do it, even if I can't!! There. That's my pep talk.

I hope all's well with you, PP and Terri.
Old 11-24-20, 09:27 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

I am planning a walk today and hopefully an add-on. The dinner with my friends was fun but that may be it for socializing for awhile with the way things are going with covid.

NORA, oh that Cathe sounds like a good one. I haven't tried any of my Perfect 30 dvds yet. Thanks for the pep talk. I know you are much colder and snowier where you are but I still don't like being out when it's cold and windy. I'm determined though.

Old 11-25-20, 08:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings after dinner

I am planning a walk today and possibly an MR.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-25-20, 06:27 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, I like Pahla but her WU's drive me nuts. I don't want to do the same thing every time! Hubby has gone radio silent on Tday but just texted me that he gets Christmas off but has to work two hours on Christmas Eve. If he's getting time and a half I told him to volunteer for more, but no such luck. its the first two hours of his shift 2pm-4pm so that does cut into the middle of the day but I don't have to worry about him driving home at 1am! Glad MR got the site up again. {well, her tech people, I'm not sure she did it herself but sometimes people can really surprise you,}

Nora, our holidays have always been the four of us {M, D Hubby and me} or a quiet evening at his Mom's, missing the madness, with his Mom, and two sisters. I can't even conceiver of 20 people! Glad you like Cathe's workout. I do like shorter workouts even if these days I'm doing multiples. I don't feel locked into something, especially if I'm clock watching.

Remember my new winter coat? Maybe I'll pull it out and cut the tags off. They cancelled most of the rain/snow but we're supposed to have highs in the 30's and lows in the 20 week after next! Yuck!

Oh, I'm not sure what I did to my shoulder again but it was really hurting yesterday. I iced it and kept stretching it, so its feeling much better today but I'm trying to baby it! I did most of today's workout with my arms crossed behind or in front of me. That was weird, but having it flopping around or trying to keep it from flopping around seemed to make it worse.

Today was UB LIC, guess what I didn't do! I pulled out my list of 'new' people and tried a few. I started with MeTime Studio's LI Cardio. Clockwatcher, and I had a hard time hearing her.

Next I tried Lilly Sabri's Fat Loss Cardio. I forgot to specify Low Impact so this was high impact and intensity. I like her but a lot of her workouts are 'spot fat loss" which just makes me crazy, because I know it doesn't work and I don't want to do cardio to lose fat on my inner thighs, I want all over cardio. anyway I tried her again with one of her 3 low impact cardio workouts. LI Sweaty cardio. She still had us doing squats and laying on the groud for bridge/sit ups and planks. Not my idea of cardio.

stay warm!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-20, 10:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings

I'm not sure if I'll get any working out done today. I have a lot of cooking to do. It is relatively mild though so I may sneak in a quick walk before all the work begins.

PENGUIN, I'm glad your shoulder feels better. Keep an eye on that. Yeah it sounds like you may need that winter coat soon. I hope you enjoy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!