Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-11-20, 12:37 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Hi everybody! I still need to look at the end of last months posts, but from what's on this month already, you guys have been doing great!

I got sidetracked by doll houses... I'm still walking on the treadmill, but not as much as I was.
I saw an ad for a doll house kit, really just one room, a bookstore, and it looked so cute. I picked one on amazon that didn't look as complicated, but was still cute, and I am hooked! It's "half scale" which means each foot of something in real life you replace with 1/2" so it's very small. It came out cute, and before it was even done, I ordered another, and another... Now I'm building a 1:12 (each foot is replaced with 1 inch) and it's HARD! I'm enjoying it, though.

I'm slightly less obsessed now, so am exercising a bit more, and wanted to stop in and catch up with y'all.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 10:50 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

Today was another walk.

Terri- What are you going to do with those doll houses?

SB - I hope your son has a happy result of that test. I am now living in a red zone too. Although, I think that our standards are different (more stringent) than USA.
Old 11-12-20, 12:21 AM  
patchworkpenguin

I decided to take a rest day today. I may extend it to the week depending on how I feel tomorrow. I just felt tired, sore and headachy all weekend. I had a sinus headache earlier today, but it finally went away after a nap. Our weather has turned chilly again, so that's part of the problem. At least the sun is still shining. Its not unusual for us to go from hot to cold and back again this time of year, but this is also why we have so many sinus issues.

We got a spot reserved for our trip so no turning back now! Just a lot of planning and packing.

Terri, I got a dollhouse when I was a kid, Mom, Dad and Sis put it together for me. I think I would have enjoyed putting it together myself, with help of course, but I did make some furniture for it from a kit. I know how you feel about being obsessed. I'll start one knitting project get about halfway though then start another. I often plan what I'm going to do 'next' while I'm still working on the first one.

Nora, Hubby did all the 'heavy lifting' when it came to setting up my streaming stuff. We bought an Apple TV unit so it would be easier for me to find what I want by way of an audio microphone but I still end up typing some things into the alphabet on the scree. I expected to have to buy streaming subscriptions, such as Leslie's, so the Apple would make that easier also. I'm finding great options on YT for free so haven't signed up for anything yet.

SB, sorry to hear about DS' test. Praying for a negative result. On another site, I was the only one to check it for two weeks during a holiday break. I was beginning to get paranoid that everyone had left but eventually they came back. Felt very lonely.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 08:42 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I got my walk in yesterday before the rains came. Hopefully they stop this afternoon so I can walk later. Otherwise maybe an MR workout or KCM.

TERRI, glad you stopped in! I was getting worried. At least you were doing something you were enjoying so much

NORA, nice walking.

PENGUIN, hope you feel better soon.
So when is the trip planned for? We're a small group here so if one or two of us don't post I get worried.

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a complete washout, weather wise and workout wise. Oh well. It doesn't happen too often and I did enjoy the rest.
It is still raining but it's supposed to clear up so hopefully an outdoor walk later.
Probably, hopefully, some MR too.
Thankfully DS' covid test came back negative.

Waves to all!! Have a good one!
Old 11-13-20, 10:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, glad to hear about the negative result. Our trip is Sunday-Tuesday. Gina B from UTTB Fitness posted about the positive effects of taking a rest week which I thought was funny considering I'm taking one. She just took a rest week and says she feels better.

I've been enjoying my rest week but I've felt a little guilty for not working out. Right now the sinus on my right side feel like I've been kicked in the head so I'm not sure I could work out anyway. I'm hoping we get to take lots of walks on our trip, hopefully with the pretty fall colors.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 09:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !

Yesterday was:

MR #1302 & #1303
55 minute outdoor walk

The rain finally stopped in the afternoon yesterday. It's colder now but to be expected this time of year. I am planning a walk later today and not sure if I'll add on pilates or not.

PENGUIN, it's good you're enjoying your rest week and I hope the sinuses improve soon. Ouch! I figure I don't need rest weeks since my workouts aren't too taxing, mostly walking and some weights or pilates.
But I sure did enjoy that rest day and had more energy for my workouts yesterday so there's definitely something to it. I hope you get nice weather for your trip and lots of walks.

Waves to all. Enjoy the day!
Old 11-14-20, 09:29 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I'm happy your son's test was negative. Our weather goes back and forth a lot, too, but has mostly been in the mid 70s.

Penguin, I always feel guilty if I don't walk at least half an hour every day. I haven't really been doing much other than that, so doubt I need a rest.

Nora, I have no idea what I'll do with the finished houses. The one room kits are on a bookshelf, and look very cute, but the whole house is gonna need some room. I've thought about donating it for a Christmas toy drive, but it'll depend on how it looks when it's done. I'd hate for a kid to get an ugly, wobbly house!

I had to replace my dryer this week. I got a new washer earlier in the year, and ordered the matching dryer, but when it came I realized I needed an electric dryer, and had ordered gas. So, since my 21 year old dryer still worked, I didn't reorder. Lately it started shutting off before clothes were dry, and I got worried it would die with a load of wet clothes inside, so got a new one.
Building on my houses, reading and walking, a bit of gardening, because the tomatoes are producing again, and the swiss chard never quit. Not very exciting to write, but I enjoy it all!

Happy Saturday everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 09:42 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

Yesterday, I went for a walk with my friend so it was longer than usual. Maybe an hour and a half. Today it's colder out. I might walk, or I might do a step DVD. I should hoist some weights.

SB- I'm happy to hear about your son's Covid negative test. What a relief for you.

PP- So where are you going for that get-away? Somehow, I missed that bit of information. As for the rest week thing...I try to avoid it.

Terri- 70 degrees, reading, walking, gardening - life sounds good!

Last edited by nora; 11-14-20 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo
nora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-20, 08:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

53 minute outdoor walk

It was a nice brisk fall day, great for a walk.
I am planning a walk today before more rain comes in later.

TERRI, reading, walking, gardening, I agree it sounds great! Good luck with the new dryer! I think we were all posting at the same time yesterday!

NORA, great walk with your friend.
I like walking when it's a little chilly but once the real cold sets in I struggle.

Have a great day everyone!