Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-20, 09:04 AM  
sherry7899

Today is my planned rest day. I have a new pair of sneakers to try tomorrow to see if they help my knees. I am glad I bought multiple pairs when they were on sale on Zappos.

I did a Yoga Ranger subscriber practice-Restorative Yoga TLC. It was lovely and relaxing. She makes great use of props. I will do a meditation segment from her site later today.

Linda, cats can definitely be traitors!

Have a great day! I'll try to post again later.

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 10:45 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Strong & Limber for Life (all of the Upper Body work plus calves and Abs)
Rodney's Ultimate Power Yoga (Power Foundation Practice)

Margaret will give me DOMS tomorrow.

Beth, how did you like the webinar?

Sherry, I hope your new sneakers will help your knees. I have a hard time buying shoes because my feet are so wide.

Margo, the UK recently approved the covid19 vaccine. Do you plan to get the vaccine?
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I nailed it yesterday:

~ LWR Winter Wonderland workout
~ Finished off Sculpture with back and shoulders
~ 30 hip circle butt lifts
~ 45 hip circle clamshells and leg lifts each side
~ 50 mini-ball crunches

Sherry, I hope your new sneakers work out. Your Yoga Ranger sub sounds like a winner!

Paine - I have Yeti feet. It's so hard to find shoes, medium is the standard and not many places offer a choice, as you know.

Oh - speaking of sneakers. The Skechers Arch Fits have to go back. They have no room in the toe box, have pointy-ish toes and absolutely NO arch support!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:20 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, if you find a good shoe with a wide toe box, let me know - my feet aren't wide overall, but my toes are and often get squished (esp on the right foot for some reason).

Sherry, I hope you like your new shoes too! I'm always hesitant to buy shoes online b/c I hate sending back (although I know Zappos allows you to do so for free).

Paine, the webinar was interesting; it's part of a symposium that's going on Dec 1-10. But Heidi Tanner was a surprise!

Sandra, glad you enjoyed your new MR workout!

Linda, even if MM is fickle, I'm sure it's worth it to have your SO other there.

Okay, so there are VERY few desserts/sweets I don't like, but I do NOT like mint in my desserts!!! I feel like I'm eating chocolate after brushing my teeth. I will eat something like an Andees Candy on occasion, but I definitely avoid mint in my sweets otherwise.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Beth I'll definitely report! The shoe hunt continues.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 11:35 AM  
sherry7899

I have size 10 wide feet.
I found Ryka sneakers on Zappos that were really comfortable. I wore them out. I can look up the order and get the style number later.

Eta: I thought they were from Zappos, but apparently they were not. I will see if I can make out the tiny style number on the shoe later. I may have gotten them from 6pm.com

Okay, I got them from Kohl's. They had them in pretty colors back when I got them. They were on sale and I had a coupon. They come in wide width and were comfortable right away:

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-18...Black&prdPV=19

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 01:35 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pat and Beth, Easy Spirit makes shoes in both W and WW. My foot is size 6.5 WW.

Beth, I hate sending back shoes too.

Sherry, I added those Ryka sneakers to my wish list--thanks for the recommendation!
Old 12-03-20, 01:50 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, I don't have wide feet - just wide toes!

I did filmed desk yoga practice at noon today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehNEUFdSsiY&t=3s

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 02:59 PM  
Margot

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was:
- Kari Anderson - Tone It Up! - I still love this workout even after all these years.

Today:
- Jessica Smith WS3 - 1 mile walk and 15 min Add On Abs
- CS1028 - Full Body Strengthening
- Travis - Yin for Sleep - Space
- Ekhart Yoga - Deep Hip Yamuna Ball Rolling (11 min). Ouch! It did feel good afterwards though.

I love all dark chocolate but a few years ago developed an allergy to it. I still eat it occasionally and just suffer the consequences. If I could, I'd probably eat it every day!

Sherry - Hope the shoes work out for you and help your knees. I subscribed to Yoga Ranger for a while. I think you'll like Aprille's meditations.

Paine - I'm not sure how long it will be before the vaccine is offered to the general public. They are starting with people in care homes, anyone over 80 years old and then health and social care workers. I think it will probably be well into next year. Is there any news on a vaccine in the US?

Beth - How fun having Heidi Tanner show up on your webinar. Thank you for posting your desk yoga practice. I look forward to trying it out tomorrow. I try not to sit for long periods but at this time of year it's harder to get out and about.

Pat, Beth and Sherry - I have a wide forefoot and narrow heels, so buying shoes is a complete pain. Many a time in the past I've been running up some stairs and walked right out of my shoes! The only shoes that work for me are Softinos (made in Portugal). It's like walking in slippers. I usually buy them when they're on sale. I don't know if you have this brand in the US? Nothing glamorous - just flat lace-ups. I used to wear the wider width New Balance trainers for aerobics but these days just prefer to go barefoot.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 12-03-20, 03:50 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Margot, I'm not sure when the covid19 vaccine will be available in the USA. Like your country, I'm sure they'll start with health care workers and the elderly first.
I haven't heard of Softinos shoes. I will do a search for them.