Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-02-20, 03:45 PM  
lavna

Hi all!

Today, I tried one of my new Lives, #169, Mixed impact Hiit with abs. It's on the short side (42 min.) per Watulans standards but just right for me, length and intensity-wise. Cathe was really upbeat. I liked the moves, there were few repeats, no burpees/squat thrust moves (except spidermans but I just did power scissors instead). I'm happy with this choice!

Enjoy your day!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 04:11 PM  
manleym

Horusosiris, FN1 and FN2 sounds like Patrick did ya'll in and ya'll are the fiercest of us all!! Yay for each of you getting through it!

Kittybug I'm sorry you hurt yourself. That's no fun. I hope the bruise heals fast and isn't that bad.

I checked Mary's site today and she is OUT of HWC2 and won't be getting more. I should have ordered earlier in the week. But she does have plenty of Turn Up and Slim Down so I'll order that. I might be able to find a copy of HWC2 on Amazon or I might decide it's just too plain hard. I've been reading reviews and from what everyone says, HWC 2 is the hardest, and longest (86 minutes is CRAZY!!), of the bunch. HWC 24/7 is on its way and I have Lean Hot Body and Extreme Calorie Burn. 2 Lazy liked LHB more than HWC 2, and said they were similar, so that will be my substitute for HWC 2 if I don't order it from Amazon.

Horusosiris we don't have an air fryer but have friends and family who do and they love theirs. I'm glad you're feeling better. I think the holidays will be season of mourning and grieving this year because things are so different. I know I feel the sadness of not being around family too. It won't be the same but am hopeful that next year will be. I also have a couple of
Stephanie Vitorino's dvds that I haven't done in a long time. She was also in some of the Pink Firms as a background exerciser.

Cataddict and Kittybug looking forward to joining me with Cathe Live! It would be fun for all of us to do the same workout on the same day! I know ChelePA was interested too. I sure hope everything is ok. We haven't heard from her in awhile.

Since we were shingle stalking last night I didn't have time to do Keep the Cardio Coming so I did Cardio Crush 310 instead. It turned out to be a great little workout at around 38 minutes. Cathe starts off "easy" but by the end of the workout you're doing all kinds of cardio with the loop around your ankles, so the intensity does ramp up. There was alot of variety in this one, which I liked. Cathe was alone in this one, so that was new for me. It was my first Cathe one-on-one. She still kept ya going!

Nathalie, I hope you get some relief soon from the chiro. I know my husband always feels TONS better after visiting the chiro. Hopefully he/she will get everything back in alignment and release some of that tension.

Kim I've been wondering where you were! Stinks about the dreaded "ERROR" message. Hope the issue is resolved soon.

KateTT glad to see your post and that you're liking the LITE workouts. I like them too and think they're very flexible, meaning they're easy to modify, adjust intensity, etc. And when you don't lift any heavier than a 15, that says something!

Gotta wrap up for now. Hugs and waves to Bee, Chele, and FOLV!

This is for you Bee - RABBIT, RABBIT!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 07:14 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday, Watulans!!

Today I did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body, the main 62-ish minute workout plus the leg bonus to bring it to a total of about 75 minutes. And GEEZUS! This was no joke! I'd planned on metabolic workouts this week that didn't have me lifting more than 8 pounds. I only used 5 pounds this entire workout and was DYING at times! He somehow made 5 pounds feel like 100, I swear. Those jumping lunges into a lunge hold were so brutal..actually, all of the isometric holds fell in brutal places, ouch! I felt bad for the guy cast member in the back who kept having to stop. Actually, all the crew members looked like I felt, like is it over yet? So now of course I'm going to be working on collecting his other similar workouts, hah!

Oh NO Manleym!! You know what, now that you said that, I think (don't kill me) I am the one who must have gotten the very last HWC2. I had it in my cart on multiple devices, and the cart doesn't follow the account. I remember shortly after ordering, I was shopping her website again on a different device and noticed that while everything else was still in my cart as if I hadn't purchased, HWC2 had completely disappeared. And when I looked for it, I couldn't find it anywhere on her site. I thought it was just some weird fluke and didn't think about it again since I had already ordered.

And you can certainly get it used elsewhere. That's what I did with Lean Hot Body, Extreme Calorie Burn (which just arrived!), and HWC the original, all used for great low prices.

KateTT, I'm so glad to 'see' you but exhausted just reading about your workouts, hah!!! Insanity for the insane.

Nathalie and Manleym are making me miss Cathe Live. Stop it!!! It will be fun when we do all have it and can compare notes. Speaking of...

Yes, ChelePA, I do hope all is okay with you. Sending hugs!!

CatExtreme/FN2, glad you made it through HWC2 and felt like Horusosiris and I did!! There's no way you'd have to hang up your nicknames, huh-uh, nope!!! Also glad to know it's not just me thinking WHERE was the real warmup, LOL!! Are all of his workouts like that? I do love him and his personality though. It's like he's so positive and upbeat about killing you.

Kim, hope you're not still plagued with the dreaded error. Check in when you can!

Waves to Bee and Cowbell Mistress, and hope I didn't miss anyone! Stay fierce, my friends!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 08:33 PM  
Mickey12

Tonight I did a new KCM workout that I got from my secret Santa Demeris, Total Body Kickbox. This one was fun! The music was great and I liked the large cast of background exercisers with Kelly. The moves were really easy to grasp, almost no high impact, and she does a block of exercises and then moves on, no TIFTing. It's a nice moderate workout.

Lavna I hope your back is feeling better soon.
Old 12-02-20, 08:37 PM  
Mickey12

On Sunday I pulled out STS and did the very first workout, Meso 1, biceps, chest and shoulders, in the spirit of Cataddict and Kittybug doing the entire program. I pretty much used the same weights as I did last time but I pooped out on the pushups at the end. I didn't do the 1 rep max test again, just followed my notes from the last time. I was glancing at my entries from 2010 and found it amusing how often I wrote "really hard!!" in the notes portion. I also wrote in one section, "I'm beginning to really hate lunges".
Old 12-03-20, 01:01 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hello again! I'm trying to get back to regular posting. Time gets away from me.

Today I couldn't wait and did the new Les Mills on Demand Body Combat United workout. SO MUCH FUN! It was all done in individual settings and then put up like a Zoom meeting. Dan and Rach still lead but it looks like they are in their own homes along with some other LM instructors. So good! I feel great. I've missed my Les Mills. I noticed there are several other new workouts I'll have to scope out.

Back later. HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 01:12 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi all!

Yesterday I did Amy's Hi/Lo from her Hi Lo Dome Challenge. Fun! Today I'm planning on trying Tony Massenburg's Ignite. I don't know that I'm ready for Afterburn, as I'm clearly not as FN as FN1!! I also have a Bob Harper that I haven't tried yet, but I think he will have to wait. I can't remember which one it is, but I don't think it's the same one FN1 did, fortunately. That one sounds so hard!! I really am trying to take a "recovery" week with focus on cardio to let my muscles prepare for Mess 2.

Kim, good for you for doing an STS workout! They are good as standalones as well, and I know several Watulans like Kate and horusosiris use them this way. Like you, I didn't re-do the 1RM again, and gauged my weights on what I did previously---which, like you, was also in 2010! I wish I had made more notes than I did, but based on the few that I wrote I am definitely stronger this time. We will see if that continues to be the case in Mess 2!

FN1, no, Patrick normally does a decent warm up in his other workouts, IIRC. Of course I haven't done LHB, ECB, HWC or HWC 24/7 in awhile but I do know that his step and dance workouts have good warm ups.

manley, when you get HWC 24/7 do you want to do it on the same day? Anyone else? horusosiris? Next week starts Mess 2 for me so I'd rather do it on an STS off day (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday), but it's not as tough as HWC 2 so I "might" be able to do it the same day as an STS workout but would prefer not to.

Nathalie, you are pushing me to the edge of subscribing to Cathe Live. So many choices!!

Kate, you are so creative with your workout regimen. I feel so haphazard in what I do, other than I am doing STS as a rotation. Glad you are enjoying the Cathe series you've received! She really does offer a lot of variety and it's pretty easy to modify up or down in intensity.

Waves to bee, Cowbell Mistress, and Chele! Chele, please check in with one of us when you can. We Watulans worry about our friends!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 01:26 PM  
horusosiris

Hello All

What are the plans for the group Fun Friday? I propose that we all do a Cathe Live, if not this week then next week.

Today I did Cathe Live 324 Total Body Cardio. It was 52 minutes of metabolic work. It has six rounds and there are four exercises in each round. Many of the exercises were.
compound moves. I thought that I preferred Cathe alone but today is the first time since she began exercising alone that I missed the group. I am not sure why but I think that it has something to do with my pandemic fatigue. This workout was decent but it is not one of the standouts for me.

Kate- Your Les Mills workout sounds like so much fun. They have a 30 day free trial promotion going on right now. Les Mills' Combat workouts are among my favorites. I also love The Trip.

Lavna-
Glad you liked Cathe Live 169!

Mickey- Those Meso one pushups tire me out!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 05:27 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hello All!
Gosh, I hope I remember everything I want to mention and don't get the dreaded Moby Dick error. Yes, that was me who talked about listening to Moby Dick -- I have not yet, but still have it in the back of my mind.

horusosiris I do not have an air fryer but I certainly have thought about getting one with the oven out of commission. We do have a convection setting on the oven, which I'm told is what an air fryer is, so I figure if I get my oven working then I'm sort of set. Maybe? It seems like people rave about them.

manleym, before I forget, I want to be sure to tell you that I'm sometimes nervous about downloading youtube videos -- maybe I'm being naive, but it seems like you could be getting a virus with it, couldn't you? I get nervous downloading things. Maybe someone else can chime in with better tech advice. That said, I have downloaded some in the past. You need a youtube downloader app.

For Fun Friday, I'm hoping to do one of the new ones I just got from Mary's sale -- maybe I'll do Step Sync so I'm at least doing a Cathe with you guys. Another naive question.... do the Cathe Lives need to be done "live"? If so, her timing probably wouldn't work for me.

Yes, Chele, I hope all is ok in your world!!

I've been doing the Lucy Wyndham-R? advent calendar workouts for some fun and keeping up with my yoga for sure. Today I started Level Up 108 or whatever it's called -- so Crosstrain was on tap. horusosiris, it was indeed different from his dvd -- funny that he patterned it all so similarly. I guess he really liked the program and wanted something similar.

Waves to all. I hope everyone stays healthy as the cases rise at an alarming rate.
Old 12-03-20, 05:28 PM  
ChelePA

Hi ladies. Hoping this works. Been having trouble lately posting. And I don’t have lots of time these days to retype everything. We ended up adopting a 13 week old Havanese puppy last week. The original family decided they could not handle him. His name is Winston and we just love him! Of course it’s like having an infant so I’m up every 2 to 3 hours trying to potty train him. My daughter does the midnight shift and my husband does the overnight when he’s not working. So far so good. Also his fenced off play area is in my exercise room in the basement. So I’ve been trying to squeeze in 30 minutes here and there. Hoping to get more on a schedule next week. I feel guilty exercising when he’s awake. Because he just whimpers for me to play with him. I’m sure we will adjust to each other soon.

I’ve been trying to catch up on some of the posts since last week. Sounds like everyone is doing awesome! Hoping to be able to post more in the future. But this makes me nervous because I see others have had issues too.

Have a great weekend!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in