Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 12-01-20, 01:13 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

I'm back again. I can't believe I'm saying this but I've been actually thinking about subscribing to MR for a year. I received an e-mail with a code for a Black Friday sale which brought the price down to about $13.50 a month so it made it much more appealing to me. The only problem is I didn't save the e-mail because I thought I would never subscribe for a year. Did any of you receive the e-mail or read about a Black Friday sale from MR? TIA

PAT, your candlelight yoga session sounds lovely.

Waves to all.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 07:59 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

A simple walk today. I'll do some Qigong later this evening.

Summer Breeze That's such a great deal for MR. Sorry, I did NOT get an email.I checked her facebook as that is how I found her offer of a free month. I didn't see the black friday offer on facebook. Maybe write to the company? Say you accidentally deleted it? Crossing my fingers for you. Oh, just took a look at MR's new site. It's been updated! It looks good.

Pat Seems like a good visit with the son. And a good hike up the bluff...that shows you how your consistent work has benefitted you.

DonnaYou are the most consistent, faithful exerciser. Your body must love the variety. It's fun to read what you do.

Enjoy the evening!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 08:40 AM  
donnamp

hi Everyone,

Lucy Wyndham Read posted an Advent Challenge:

https://www.lwrfitness.com/fitness-advent-calendar/

and, I think I'm going to focus on that leading up until Christmas. With my Pilates, Yoga and whatever else I feel like adding in.

So, last night I did the Winter Wonderland workout which was cute - 11 moves or so w/ 11 different winter backdrops.

Today was day 2 and was a longer workout - 30 min - 20 moves. Her stuff is extremely basic and easy to follow. It reminds me a bit of Slim in 6, Slim Series as it is high rep, mainly body weight - in fact, it may be all body weight - I don't know if she has any weight workouts - it is cardio/tone for the most part. The sets are not all that exciting and there is no music, so those are the downsides. Of course, you could play your own music as everything is pretty easy to follow and you don't even really need to listen to her cues.

I finished w/ Pilates Next - 5 day challenge - Day 5 -

I hope to be able to get out for a walk. I'm feeling a bit down today - I think in part b/c I have been in the house since Sunday - and it is now getting into the dark and dreary days...and also in part, b/c I'm concerned about the pending purchase of my daughter's horse. Did you ever get the feeling you were about to be completely taken advantage of? That is how I'm feeling right now. I wouldn't care so much if it wasn't going to affect my daughter - hopefully I'm just misinterpreting some signals, but suffice it to say, I wish if this was a no-go from the beginning that they would have been honest w/ us. My daughter is very attached to this horse which makes it more emotional - in fact, he has essentially been her emotional support during this pandemic and high school. On the one hand, I say, if it doesn't work out it may be a blessing in disguise, but I also know my daughter will be devastated. it is not good to be negotiating a business deal w/ high emotions....and as a mom, it is hard for me not to be emotionally invested in the outcome. Anyway - I know that whatever will be will be and we'll get through it somehow. And, maybe it will all work itself out.

Sorry to ramble!

Summer Breeze - I will have to look for the e-mail. I wonder if it is in my junk folder? That is a good deal!!

Pat - your yoga practice sounds lovely.

Gypsy Rose - thanks, workouts are my fun time, that is for sure!!

I have a class this morning that I don't feel like attending...but duty calls.

Hope everyone has a good day - thanks for letting me vent!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 09:08 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR # 1703
50 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I didn't realize it when I started it but I had done this MR before I write down the episode number in my workout log so I don't know how I screwed that up. I did like it though so that was good. It was abdominals, outer thighs (I used ankle weights), inner thighs on the back (ankle weights), pectorals (she did push ups I did flyes and presses) and biceps. I am planning a walk today and possibly more.

Well VFer Sherry responded to my GD post and gave me the code for the streaming. It had expired but I tried it anyway. Of course it didn't work. Then I went on FB and many people were complaining the code didn't work and were advised to e-mail MR which I did. No response so far. Maybe this is a sign that the streaming isn't meant to be for me. It's very problematic.

ROSE, walks are always good. I did e-mail MR but no response so far. There's a lot of glitches with her new website too. She seems to have bad luck with tech stuff it seems.

DONNA, looks like a nice routine for you going into Christmas. I hope things work out with the horse purchase. That is tough if they aren't being totally upfront. If the sale didn't go through would your DD still be able to be with the horse? How sad.

PAT, sorry I didn't answer your kettlebell question. I use a 15 lb kettlebell but I read with swings you should go heavier because if it's too light it could throw your form off so I am toying with getting a heavier bell. I'm not sure it would be worth it since I'm sporadic with kettlebells anyway.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-02-20, 09:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday was my last extended Thanksgiving Day off, so this is technically my Moan Day.

I almost got nothing in yesterday, but at the last minute went to the gym. It was busy in there and all of "my machines" were taken, so I kept it to 15 minutes each on the recumbent and elliptical. I didn't feel safe out on the gym floor with all the people buzzing around.

Summer Breeze, I didn't get that email either. Or maybe I skipped over it thinking it was for DVDs? It sounds like a real SNAFU though and probably a good thing the code didn't work for you.

Rose, good job on your walk!

Donna I haven't started the LWR calendar yet. It sounds fun though! Come to think of it, I have never seen her do a weights workout. I hope you feel perkier soon. It sounds rather ominous about the horse, that's got to be a huge investment. Best wishes with it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 08:00 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

A walk and some qigong. Yes, boring! I'll get back into other things, not yet though.

Donna How are you doing? How is it going with the horse? That's such a tough situation. The moon was just full-sometimes that impacts the emotions. I hope you are feeling better.

Summer Breeze
Oh, MR's site looks so good I thought it must finally be fixed. What is the problem with her tech? I do miss working out to those videos. The DVDs give better all around results but the streaming was more fun. If you can find the code, please share as I might ask that for a Christmas gift. Maybe it will get me out of my slump.

Pat Any more reports on the balls? Relaxing still? I'll have to find mine and play with them.

Okay, off to watch a movie. Enjoy the day!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:05 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday went pretty well:

~ LWR Winter Wonderland workout
~ Finished off Sculpture with back and shoulders
~ 30 hip circle butt lifts
~ 45 hip circle clamshells and leg lifts each side
~ 50 mini-ball crunches

I wasn't thrilled with the Sculpture routine. Circuit 1 was better than circuit 2 and I skipped the abs altogether to focus on my PT exercises. I'm not a fan of Margaret's shoulder and back exercises in many of the DVDs, the light weights in the positions she uses mostly feel like a strain on the neck/upper shoulders. Getting Better is much more effective there, IMO.

The Winter Wonderland was a total mood booster! Lucy did a great job with the art and her outfit was very cute and wintery. Loved when an owl came fluttering in.

Rose, I am using the Petrone balls almost every day. They are pretty amazing! I haven't yet done more than glance at the instruction guide though, just go by instinct. Walk and qigong sound great, some outdoor refreshment and some inner refreshment from the qigong flow.

Good morning to Donna and Summer Breeze.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-20, 09:36 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

55 minute outdoor walk

Wore my new down coat, worked great! I'm ready for winter (unfortunately). lol I am planning a walk today and maybe more MR. I took a break from the swings to give my sciatica a break. I don't want to overdo it.

PAT, nice workout day. That's disappointing about Sculpture but I know what you mean about the light weights for the back work. I'm going to try to get my hands on Getting Better, one of the few dvds of hers I don't have. What kind of workouts are Winter Wonderland?

ROSE, walks and qiqong are good. A lot of people have been complaining that they can't access the streaming videos on her new website. I couldn't one day but then it worked again. The code isn't working for the discounted streaming. Things like that. She also doesn't respond to e-mails.
Anyway, the code for the streaming is SAVE30 but like I said, it's not working. You are supposed to e-mail her at mail@bodyelectrictv to get it to work, but again she isn't replying to the e-mails. I do like her workouts a lot but I think I'm giving up on the streaming for now

Hi DONNA.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 12-03-20, 10:26 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got off to a late start today and then had to jump into a meeting for work. Ugh.

Yesterday I went out for a short walk and it definitely helped to get some perspective and sunshine. I even solved a work problem while walking! I plan to get out again today - even if it is chilly it is good to see some sunshine particularly with working from home and not getting out much at all.

On the horse front - well, it is what it is. What makes it difficult is my daughter is very attached to him, having been leasing him for 4 years. It would be a lot easier to walk away if he wasn't such an important part of her life. If we can't come to an agreement, she can continue to lease him the question is, if she goes away to college, she would not be able to do that since she wouldn't be around to ride him. He really is an emotional support animal for her as she has had a miserable time in H.S. and during the pandemic - but as I tell myself and tell her - we will all survive no matter what happens. But, I think for teens/young adults, they don't have that perspective that only comes with age.

Anyway....my workouts....

Lucy's Advent Challenge Day 3 - 10 min Cardio workout and I added on a 10 min HIIT. Her stuff reminds me of Pahla B's to an extent - she moves a little more quickly and doesn't chat as much but there are some similarities in terms of the types of exercises she does.

Blessful Body - Hip Balancing Relief - this was a nice routine for strengthening and stretching the hips.

Pat - I loved when the owl came into the scene!! LOL!

Gypsy Rose - You know, full moon...could be...when I was younger i would have not believed in that - but the world is way more mysterious and intertwined than meets the eye. Maybe things will settle soon.

Summer Breeze - glad your new coat worked fo ryou.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-20, 09:46 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday was:

49 minute outdoor walk

It's supposed to rain later so I am planning to walk this morning hopefully. I may get back to my swings too after a little rest. I cancelled my MR streaming subscription.
I did enjoy the workouts a lot but I think with all the dvds I have, I really don't need the streaming.

DONNA, nice workouts. I hope things work out in the best possible way for DD.

Hi PAT & ROSE.

Have a great day!

Tags
bobandbrad