Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-20, 03:01 PM  
manleym

Ya'll are going to have SO MUCH FUN doing Patrick's workout! Wish I had ordered mine and could do it with ya'll. Durn! Full report please!

Actually I'm not sure what workout I'll do today. We are having our roof replaced either later this week or next, so hubby and I have to pick out our shingles tonight. Don't think it will take long, but the roofer gave us 3 houses in our area that have the shingles we like so we'll probably be those creeps who are driving slowly by these houses. It will be good seeing them on a roof rather than a small square though. How I long for the day when there was only 1 white paint color, 1 type of shingle, 1 _________

I'll most likely continue playing with my Cathe Live subscription. I did Cathe Live Total Body Giant Sets yesterday and I'm feeling it today! I'm leaning towards doing Keep the Cardio Coming Live 130 but will see how much time I have this afternoon.

Sorry this is so short! Just wanted to say "Hey!"

Hugs and waves to all!!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 03:08 PM  
horusosiris

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Thanks everyone for all of the hugs. I really needed them. I am feeling better but I wish that all of this will be over soon.

Does anyone have an air fryer? have an older model one and this week purchased a newer model that can do much more. I am waiting for it to arrive. I use my current air fryer about once per week now.

Manelym- Let us know how you like Keep The Cardio Coming. I hope your roof replacement work goes well.

Kittybug and Cataddict I did Patrick’s HWC 2 workout today. I thought he was going to kill me. I did all 86 minutes! The workout is TOUGH!!! Patrick is one of the best at metabolic workouts and I love his demeanor. I forgot that Stephanie Vitorino was in this Patrick workout. I have a few of her workouts which I enjoy.

Cataddict and Kittybug- I agree that Mike’s workouts are tough! I have many of them but have one in over a year!

Bee- I laughed and loved your remark that you were on a break between messes. I never take a break from messes. I jump from mess to mess – LOL. Did you put up your tree? I so agree that MIS is somewhat boring but it is solid weight lifting and I only do it for a change of pace but there are so many more Cathe’s that I prefer. I also do MIC now and then too!

Waves and Smiles to ALL!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 04:40 PM  
lavna

Hello everybody!

I see that everyone is being fierce!

For my part, my back is still hurting. I have an appointment with my chiropractor next week. I decided to go lighter on the weights and avoid moves that seem to trigger my discomfort like squats, push dips and the likes. I also took anti-inflammotories which helped a lot! Of course, I'm going to stretch more (at my age, one can never stretch too much anyway! )

I finally got 10 downloads at Cathe's sale!! The 40% was a good rebate and it offsets the exchange rate which is around 30%. They're shorter and less intense workouts which is what's better for me these days.

Since it was an exceptionally warm day today, I decided to go for a walk on my lunch hour since they're forcasting snow for tomorrow.

Rabbit! rabbit!

Waves to all!
Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 05:17 PM  
horusosiris

Lavna- I hope your back feels better very soon. I so agree that stretching and mobility at any age and fitness level is very important. I, for one, definitely need to be more diligent in that area. Let us know how you like your new Cathe Live downloads. Please keep all the snow there with you in Quebec City.- LOL! How much snow are you expecting?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 06:38 PM  
Mickey12

I tried to post yesterday and got the dreaded error. Yuck. So this is a test. If this works, I will post again with my workouts.

I just typed a long post and I got the error again. Uggg.

Last edited by Mickey12; 12-01-20 at 06:44 PM. Reason: got another error!!!!
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 06:48 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Hello my fierce friends!! RABBIT, RABBIT!!!!

Horusosiris, Patrick cannot have been trying to kill you because he was too busy killing me. That was tough!! I was like what, that was the WARMUP??? It didn't help when I accidentally bashed my knee with a weight due to flailing along and not knowing what was coming next, oops! I'm sure it'll be fine but it's a lovely shade of purple right now. I also did not know that workout was so long! I usually do those long workouts on the weekend but oh well, work is light this week anyway, so what the heck.

Manleym, so you got Cathe Live, yay!!!! Do let us know what your favorites are as you go. I'll re-join you as soon as STS is over! Good luck with the roof and shingles, eek!

Bee, I totally agree that mentally taxing is a THING. It's a huge thing and it can suck the life out of my workouts!

CatExtreme/FN2, did ya get through Patrick? Do tell!!

Nathalie, keep us posted on the chiro. I really hope things improve with your back soon. I'm a huge baby about back injuries...well, any injury, really, but back injuries especially so. They affect absolutely everything!

Oh NO Kim!! Not the dreaded ERROR! Hope it clears soon.

Waves to all....stay fierce, my Watulans!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-20, 08:28 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Lavna- I hope your back feels better very soon. I so agree that stretching and mobility at any age and fitness level is very important. I, for one, definitely need to be more diligent in that area. Let us know how you like your new Cathe Live downloads. Please keep all the snow there with you in Quebec City.- LOL! How much snow are you expecting?
We're not expecting much for the moment: a mix of snow and rain! But, more will come eventually!!!
Old 12-01-20, 08:30 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I tried to post yesterday and got the dreaded error. Yuck. So this is a test. If this works, I will post again with my workouts.

I just typed a long post and I got the error again. Uggg.
Oh no Kim! Not you too! I hope it comes back to normal soon!
From my experience, what worked was to post multiple short posts.
Old 12-01-20, 10:11 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

Bless your lil hearts, Horusosiris and FN1, but Patrick was too busy killing ME to mess with either of you!! I did all of it but the abs. I'm actually happy that you guys thought it was hard because I was thinking "if they think this is easy I'm gonna hang up my Extreme Nuts nicknames for sure." LOL FN1, I had forgotten that the "warmup" was in NO WAY a "warm up." I did modify some, unashamedly so, as I figured I would trip over the step. I wasn't able to keep my balance consistently either when I was on my left foot on the step either. On the bright side, STS doesn't seem so tough now! OTOH, I don't plan on doing anything as hard as HWC2 in the rest of the "recovery week."

Nathalie, I'm sorry your back is slow to heal and good you are getting some help. I'm sure it's frustrating!

manley, yes, please let us know your favorite Cathe Lives! I bought the download of Keep the Cardio Coming and have done it a few times. I like all the Live downloads I purchased. Share what you think of it! I'll be subscribing to Cathe Live most likely before the end of STS as I might throw in one of the cardio ones in the days in between.

Kim, that error is frustrating for sure! And ***cough, cough*** I tend to write long posts so ugh when it happens!! And I believe Nathalie is right. I was able to do short posts first, then I was able to go back to re writing Moby Dick.

bee, BTW, did you ever start reading Moby Dick? It was you that was going to read it? Oh, and HWC2 wasn't really much of a "party" but was certainly challenging.

Waves to Kate, Chele, and FOLV!

Oh, and before I forget, RABBIT, RABBIT!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-20, 12:50 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi fierce friends! Still being quite fierce I see.

I've been so bad checking in, so here are things in a nutshell.
Backtracking:
25th - Insanity Core Cardio & Balance + Pure Cardio. Tough, sweaty but good stuff. I love when the screen tells you "don't stop moving" and all the backgrounders are laying on the floor. LOL
No Yoga.

26th nothing but meditation.
27th - Insanity Max Recovery + Cardio Recovery. These two "recovery" workouts always remind me of Yoga Shaun T-style. Not easy but not killer and it felt great at the end of the week.

Mon: Cathe LITE PHA 2. As with Cathe's other PHA workouts, this one was really good. The key for me was to go heavy and I really liked it.
I got Micheline Berry Liquid Asana set from my Secret Santa so I did the Sankalpa practice. Her Yoga is very fluid/flowy but this was good.

Yesterday: Insanity Max Cardio Conditioning & Cardio Abs. SWEATY and Shaun T's C-curve core work burns!! Not a crunch in the bunch but I feel it today.
Yoga: Liquid Asana Beginner’s Mind. Very very flowy with just some mellow moves. Even though it moves it felt restorative.
The music in this set is groovy!

Today was Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast Mix with Calorie Crush, 6 Pack Abs 2 and Ext Stretch. Very excellent. And humbling as I didn't go over 15lbs. Mostly used my 8s and 10s. Shoulder burn. The Calorie Crush was all good basic cardio moves. Abs 2 was excellent (I love Cathe's core work) and very nice long stretch. I feel great!
No Yoga yet. More Micheline?
BTW, I got the two LITE workouts from my SS too. She spoiled me!

This week I'll finish out with another Insanity and another Cathe. Then next week I start working through some of the Xtrain workouts. I may not do all. Plus more Insanity and there are some new workouts on Les Mills on Demand so I feel the need to squeeze them in too.

HUGS ALL!!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in