Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-20, 12:17 PM  
Vantreesta

Well the Pilates tower that was at the thrift store for more than a year was gone today. They had a Malibu Pilates chair for $20 that got me excited but I'm almost positive it was broken and never having seen a new one in person I didn't think I could figure out how to fix it. But then I (stupidly?) bought the 3 Malibu Pilates DVDs that have been there forever too. :eyeroll: I think I got overexcited after actually seeing a chair at a price I would pay if it wasn't broken! They also had a Total Gym for $20 that tempted me. Used clothing was 5 items for $20 so I bought some workout tops/jackets. Seriously. Did I really need them?? But they're bright and cute!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 01:52 PM  
Mickey12

I’m surprised there was a Total Gym there. With the scarcity of fitness equipment available, I wonder how long it will last. We bought one years ago when they were heavily advertised on infomercials. I loved the idea of it, but it made me dizzy and nauseous. My husband couldn’t use it either and he doesn’t usually get motion sickness. We sent it back and paid a fortune in shipping.
Old 11-27-20, 09:08 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
So far 2020 hasn't been good to me.
That was posted on 1/5. Oh, to be young and naive.

Last week I went to two thrift stores for the first time since February! They're not very close and there's nothing else I need in the area, so I hadn't gone. There were so many workout dvds! I didn't find any that I wanted, but that's ok, I was just happy that they were there.

Great finds, all!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-20, 09:31 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I’m surprised there was a Total Gym there. With the scarcity of fitness equipment available, I wonder how long it will last. We bought one years ago when they were heavily advertised on infomercials. I loved the idea of it, but it made me dizzy and nauseous. My husband couldn’t use it either and he doesn’t usually get motion sickness. We sent it back and paid a fortune in shipping.
I didn't look closely at it to see if it was broken in any way. The Pilates tower they had forever was missing one part when I initially saw it and when they moved to new location I think they realized it bc when I saw it next they had removed the matching part. Then you couldn't tell it was missing anything. I've always wanted one. I really wanted the Malibu Pilates chair but just don't know if I can fix what appears to be wrong with it.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 11-28-20, 01:26 PM  
Leonana

Vannie, I hope you find another chair to go with the dvds. I didn't know what a Pilates Tower looked like, so I googled. It looks like a big piece of equipment.
Old 11-28-20, 03:08 PM  
Vantreesta

Thanks, Sherry. The tower they had wasn't too bad size-wise. I knew it was for Oilatez but not what it was called. I think "tower" is misleading for what they hgv ad bc it definitely did not tower.

Old 12-08-20, 10:18 PM  
alisoncooks

I was super excited because I thought I'd found one of Miranda's Aging Backwards DVDs at the thrift store today. Turned out to be Aging Backwards 3: Fast Track, which (from what I can tell) is a talking/teaching type DVD. Boo! LOL, I was excited for a minute there! It was sealed, too!
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 09:26 AM  
wendug

I went to Half Price Books yesterday looking for a few books (which I didn't find ), but did find lots of workouts. There was nothing I really wanted, but I was eyeing the Firm Sculpted Buns, Hips, and Thighs with Tracie Long. They wanted 20 bucks for it! And it was a beat up copy of it, at that! Ummm...no. I did find that their prices weren't great. I think I'll stick to actual thrift stores.
Old 12-23-20, 09:48 AM  
fanofladyvols

Wendy, you were right to pass on that Tracie Long. I love Tracie but that workout isn't worth $20!

alisoncooks I hate the false hope feeling at a thrift store. You just gotta keep hunting though!

Well I picked up Amy Dixon's women's health Ultimate fat burn. Don't everybody get jealous!! I can't wait to watch/hear the infamous back up exercisers whoop and laugh relentlessly. I need some good whooping in my life...hehehe.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-20, 11:04 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I was super excited because I thought I'd found one of Miranda's Aging Backwards DVDs at the thrift store today. Turned out to be Aging Backwards 3: Fast Track, which (from what I can tell) is a talking/teaching type DVD. Boo! LOL, I was excited for a minute there! It was sealed, too!
There IS an Aging Backwards 3: Fast Track workout DVD. It has 4 dvds in it with a workout for each of 30 days--8 different workouts, and they are distributed over the 30 days to accelerate the Essentrics benefits. I love this set. I hope you eventually find it. I made a PBS donation to get it.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitball, knee pad, thrift store, thrift store finds