Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-20, 07:17 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I've been busy with outdoor chores since the weather has been so nice. The leaves are falling like crazy and I've been trying to keep up!

I didn't do a workout today, other than an hour raking leaves. Yesterday I also raked leaves and did a strength workout at night. It looks like we have one more nice day tomorrow and then it's going to rain and get colder. Boo!

Donna, How did your DD do at the horse show?

Sherry, I use my exercise bike quite a bit. I ride it more than my road bike. It's fun to ride and watch youtube videos or TV shows. You kind of forget you're riding and get a lot more miles in, lol.
Old 11-10-20, 09:11 PM  
Leonana

Today was a lot of walking at Goodwill with my friend, then Costco with my dh. He had an eye appointment, then wanted to walk through the store, after I had already walked around while I was waiting for him. My feet are tired! This is the second time Costco has been out of TP and paper towels. I guess the hoarding is starting again.

Donna, I'm glad you had nice weather for a walk.

wishiwasinhawaii, I do get more time in on my bike while watching a show!
Old 11-11-20, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have the day off today for Veteran's Day - even though I will likely log in to catch up on some work....but it is ok if I don't have to respond to e-mails and messages.

Today was:

Pahla B - Squat Free Cardio & Standing Abs - Moderate cardio followed by a standing abs routine....

Jessica Valent - Yoga and Pilates for Arms - body weight exercises for upper body.

Trifecta Pilates - Upper Body Stretch - this one was short under 10 min and used a foam roller to stretch the upper body/chest. A good one to do to counter act computer posture.

We walked the dog yesterday, but probably not today - rainy.....I also think I have extensor tendonitis:

https://www.healthline.com/health/ex...#complications

I think I gave it to myself from tying my laces too tight on my shoes - believe it or not - I hate having loose shoes, but I think I over did it....I also think the new shoes I bought for walks are a bit too "floppy"..which is probably why I felt the need to tie them so tight. Anyway, I'm just going to be mindful of it and try not to aggravate it....doing barefoot workouts does not bother it very much, so that is good. May also use the bike more to avoid too much stress on my foot. I have been using ice....

wishiwasinhawaii - lots of leaves falling here as well. Thankfully my DH and DD have been taking care of them! I enjoy listening to a podcast, watching something, or even reading my book on the bike. I think I will definitely be using it more to avoid stressing my foot out too much.

Sherry - Ugh - stores around here I think limit the quantities of certain things you can buy - to help w/ the hoarding....I guess people are freaking out about the increasing COVID #s.

My DD had a mini-breakdown last night about the pandemic and life in general being what it is - she is not the type to be dramatic so this must be bothering her. It is hard for her to stay motivated w/ on-line school and I can understand the feeling. Since the pandemic started I have been kind of meh about getting things done and procrastinating. I even do it w/ work - which is why I need to log in today. I guess it is the sameness of every day...anyway...

Waves, Pam and Tracy!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 05:57 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's Walk Strong 2 Total Body. I used 5 and 6 pounds, and substituted the ab floor work with standing abs.

Donna, I'm sorry to hear about your foot and I hope it heals soon. Mine has been doing okay lately, as long as I stretch and massage. I hope your daughter is feeling better. I think my daughter gets stressed too, she misses getting together with friends. She does have one cc class, and she signed up for five classes for next semester. That should keep her busy next January.
Old 11-12-20, 12:15 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I took yesterday off from exercise because I was sore and tired from all the raking. Today was my DIY strength workout and a walk indoors. It's cold and rainy here so I'm staying in.

Donna, Hope your DD is ok. My niece seems to be doing ok, but is upset that her activities are on again, off again. Now they're off again and I think it just upsets the kids because it gets their hopes up. She hates online school too and said it's just not working out. I thought they would have found ways to improve it by now. I told her all she can do is wait it out and keep reminding herself that this will be over at some point. At least now there is some hope for a vaccine so there seems to be a light at the end up the tunnel.

Sherry, I went to Sam's last week and noticed some shelves had less items than usual, so I think people are stocking up, just in case things get bad again. I managed to get paper towels and toilet paper so I'm set for a few months. I also have freeze dried food and canned food, just in case. I feel like those doomsday preppers on TV...
Old 11-12-20, 01:00 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Quick post, late start this morning due to coughing dog all night (my dog routinely eats stuff in the yard that gets stuck in her throat and causes her to pretty much cough all night - then, miraculously, by morning, she is better...)

Anyway - today was;

Jessica Valent -Buns & Guns HIIT - this one uses a kettlebell and includes your standard exercises - squats, lunges, etc....I do appreciate the efficiency of this one - done in under 30 min.

Jessica Valent - Good Morning routine - a short stretch segment....

My foot is feeling a bit better w/ some ice/heat and w/ yesterday's weather I didn't get out to walk which probably didn't hurt either in terms of allowing for more recovery time.

If it is not much better by next week I think I will come up w/ a mini-rotation of bike for cardio and floowork for strength.

I can do stuff that is standing but I also don't want to irritate things and just have it take longer to heal.

My DD is feeling a bit better now - I think it is the stress of applying for college, too, and the uncertainty of how things are going to play out - not only given college which is a change but the pandemic and where we are going w/ that. Our BOE voted yesterday to begin the 'hybrid' model starting 2nd semester - but I don't think that is really going to come to pass - case counts are rising here, jurisdictions are scaling back and implementing more restrictions - and I still don't see how going from 2,000 kids in the school to 1,000 is really going to help all that much w/ reducing transmission. The Hybrid model splits them into Group A and B. Group A goes Monday and Thursday, Group B Goes Tuesday and Friday and Wed is remote for everyone. I don't see how that is going to work in HS w/ classes that may have a mix of Group A and B kids. But I don't think it is going to come to pass anyway.

Sherry - wow, 5 classes, that will keep her busy, LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - rainy here, today too....

Waves, everyone,

Donna
Old 11-13-20, 08:43 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Moving Mango (You Tube) - 90 Day Pilates Challenge Day 50 which was a short total body routine.

I like Moving Mango - she is very relaxed and cues well. I am intrigued by the thought of doing 90 days of Pilates...but, realistically, I should try for 15 first and then go from there!

My foot is feeling better - icing it and using heat, too and the fact that it has been miserable outside (rain) has made me curtail my walks which is also probably helping. Ellen's workout didn't bother it - mostly what bothers it is wearing shoes.

I may do a week or two of biking and floorwork routines to see if that doesn't help...

Sherry - on the skincare front - my CVS is doing a major re-haul and they are going to be carrying some more expensive brands...it looks like a mini Ulta in there now. I hope they keep the cheap stuff, LOL! I have been double cleansing w/ cold cream and a regular face wash and it seems to be working well for me. I think my skin is clearer as a result. So, i need access to my lower priced items, LOL! I also notice my skin looks better when i don't use the Differin - I think it may be too irritating. I do like the Cerave Retinol - the one in the blue container for acne.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii, Tracy and Pam!

Donna
Old 11-15-20, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was an outdoor walk and a Pilates workout from Trifecta Pilates. The Pilates workout was interesting, it used weights, gliders, a chair and a mat. I'm considering continuing my subscription b/c I can keep my discounted price as long as I renew...and she does offer a nice variety of Pilates variations w/ props to spice things up.

Today has been:

30 Min Bike Ride while listening to Pahla B talk about running a 5K. Whenever I listen to Pahla talk about running it makes me want to run....

Jessica Valent - Creative Resistance Loop Workout and Bun Burner - both of these workouts used a circular resistance band - good glute work and PT type exercises, like monster walks....

My foot is ok - not better but not really worse either.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Feeling lazy today!!!

Donna
Old 11-15-20, 02:40 PM  
Leonana

Not a very good week for workouts. I was tired and unmotivated, then DH decided on Friday that we should remodel our guest bath. The tub is leaking and it's an old bathroom, original to the house, built in 1984, and we had planned to do it soon. I just didn't expect him to get a wild hair for a project on Friday, lol.

I can't remember what I did last Wednesday. I know I did some house cleaning, and I think I rode my exercise bike. Thursday was my volunteer filing. Friday, I rode my exercise bike for 35 minutes in the evening. Yesterday was You Tube, Total Body Standing Strength. Today I did 21 Day Low Impact HIIT.

Boy, our weather can’t make up its mind. It was 44 degrees when I got up this morning and I turned on the heater. Now this afternoon, I turned on the a/c. I go back and forth between pants and shorts lol. The highs were in the 60’s then 70’s, but today and next week is high 80’s. Week after that should be back to the 70’s.

In positive news, I read that Fauci said the US may get back to normal by April.

Donna, that's interesting about CVS. I usually go to Walgreens and Target. I heard Target is going to have mini Ulta's in their store! I'm doing pretty well with .25% tretinoin cream. Once a week I use the PC 8% AHA instead. I'm glad you have made some progress on your foot, I hope it improves soon. My daughter signed up for five classes, but says she might drop one. That will probably happen, I'm sure. I think it will be good to keep her busy. Although she see's friends at work, she's kind of isolated.

wishiwasinhawaii, I think we're set for a month or two on paper goods. I did get rid of some canned goods to charity, thinking I wasn't going to use them. Maybe I should have kept them!
Old 11-16-20, 08:30 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I ended up taking a long walk w/ my DD. So much for taking a break and letting my foot rest. My foot is not better but not worse either...so....

With that in mind, however, I decided to take it on the easier side today:

Ellen - Prayer Flow - although this is all standing it isn't particularly stressful to the feet.

Jessica Valent - Pilates Challenge Day 1 - this was a nice beginner workout....

The sun is out today, so that is good.

Sherry -LOL on DH getting it in his head to start a project! Mine does that, too, just out of the blue decides that something that has been needing attention suddenly needs it THAT day. Our weather has bounced around a bit - too....

It is good news about the vaccines that are being tested so maybe things will be back to normal soon enough.

I think the holidays are going to result in big outbreaks though, unfortunately....

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong