Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-07-20, 12:10 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday I did Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. This seems to be a low weight, high rep workout. Combination upper and lower body moves. I used 5 pounds. I had to skip most of the floor work, due to lack of time. I did 30 minutes instead of 40. I did have to modify the high impact in the warm up and skip the ab moves. And it was a bit too shoulder heavy for me, and I had to slow down sometimes. She moves pretty fast. But I liked it, and will keep it. It was brand new in the case from Goodwill, the tape was still on the top of the case.

Nothing yet today, I've been glued to the election results. But it looks like it's decided now. I think I will ride my exercise bike while watching Netflix. I've been binge watching The Good Witch, to distract from the election.

Donna, I do short stretches in the evening, but I really need to do longer ones. I wonder why it's so hard for us to do, since it is easier than a workout.

Tracy, yes I've spent most of my life here. I grew up in Yuma, which is a few degrees hotter. I did spend five years in Lubbock, Texas, for college. After college, I moved to Phoenix. I get cold when it's 60. That's long sleeves and jeans weather for us. However, we don't have any heavy coats and sweaters, rain gear, or weather boots. When I change my clothing for the seasons, I just move the long sleeves and jeans to the front of the closet, and the short sleeves and shorts to the back! It sounds like you've been busy during retirement. I'm sure it's made it a lot easier to be with your aunt.
Old 11-07-20, 01:32 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning I did:

Pahla B - Moderate Weights - Day 4 of Body Shaping Challenge
Jessica Valent Pilates - Advanced Pilates Workout*

*I was a bit scared of this one - b/c of "advanced" being in the title but it was definitely do-able and no real crazy moves in it!

After that DD and I took a walk. I may take a second walk w/ my Golden. The weather is perfect for outdoor activities today.

Sherry - I didn't know you grew up in AZ! My DD applied to a college in upstate NY - it is actually the school I graduated from - and it is listed in the top 10 cloudiest cities in the U.S. I am not sure if she will end up going there or not - but - I don't think she will like the weather as she prefers sunny days! And, I don't necessarily want to pay the out of state tuition!! LOL!

Tracy - nice workouts! I have to be in the mood for a long Pilates workout, but when I am in the mood for it I find it really enjoyable.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Pam!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-20, 08:50 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - Let's Run Podcast 20 min episode on core strength. I didn't run or walk when I did this - I dug out my recumbent exercise bike and rode along while listening to Pahla. She did intervals of 3:1 - - she ran for three min walked for one min - I did lower resistance on my bike for 3 min, higher resistance for one min.

Trifecta Pilates - Reset Roller Routine - a Pilates workout using the foam roller as a prop. I used the roller for some, but not all of the exercises, certain exercises laying on the roller tends to irritate my SI joint.

My DD is in a horse show today (local) so I will go watch her do that and hopefully squeeze in a dog walk later and maybe some yoga, too.

Hope everyone has a good day -

Donna
Old 11-08-20, 10:24 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

No workout yesterday because I went to...the beach! I don't think I've ever been to the beach around here in November, but it was very warm and not crowded, so definitely a nice day to be out. I didn't go in the water because I'm not that crazy, but there were some people who did. The water is still pretty warm. I have a weight workout I will do later, but I want to enjoy this nice weather so I'm going to try to get outside as much as possible while it lasts!

Donna, Where did you go to college? I'm from upstate NY originally and went to college there. It would be funny if we went to the same one! I thought your DD wanted to stay close to home though? One of the many reasons I left was because of the gloomy weather and snow, so if she likes sun, it might not be a good choice--although another way to look at it is she'd be forced to focus on studying since there are so few nice days, lol!!

College is such a mess now though thanks to COVID. My younger nephew is a freshman and has been living at home because his college is only doing online classes, but he said he wants to get an apartment because he still feels like he's in HS. We'll see.

Sherry, I've only been to AZ once and that was to Tucson in January. It actually wasn't warm at all and I was surprised. A lady I used to work with retired to Prescott and loves it.

Tracy, I've been looking for a planner and calendars, so I'll have to head over to Ocean State Job Lot. There is one near where I work and I used to go there all the time, but haven't been there since the pandemic started. I bought my calendars there last year.

Time to go for a walk...
Old 11-08-20, 11:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi!

wishiwasinhawaii - I grew up on LI - and I loved going to the beach off season. It is so much better than when the whole world is there! I do miss easy access to a beach - where I live now it is a several hour drive to get to the beach..
I went to SUNY-Binghamton, now Binghamton University. Marketing, LOL!

I think my daughter got a bug in her head that she wasn't applying to 'challenging' schools so she picked a few more to apply to. If she got in there she would need to get some scholarship $$ since we would be paying out of state tuition. And, in my mind, it is isn't worth the extra expense when there are good in-state options in MD, too.

The common app makes it ridiculously easy for them to apply to multiple schools. I'm sure the colleges love it though b/c most charge an application fee, but w/ the common app the kids don't have to create a new application for every school they apply to - so it is easy to apply to a lot of schools - some schools have particular questions they want you to answer, but it is really a pretty easy process to apply to multiple schools if the accept the common app

Who knows what next year will look like - I think if things are not better COVID-wise she may just defer or go to community college.

She did get into her two ultra-safety schools already - they are both close to home. So those would be options. too.

Ugh.

Donna
Old 11-08-20, 01:53 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Donna, Wow, what a small world! I sent you a PM...
Old 11-09-20, 12:03 AM  
Leonana

I didn't ride my bike yesterday evening, so I did it this morning while watching some Netflix. I also did some stretching and used the massage bar this evening.

Donna, I love cloudy days and rain, since we don't get them here often. But I can't imagine not seeing the sun very often. I've seen pictures of upstate New York, and the fall colors look really pretty.

wishiwasinhawaii, January is our coldest month, and we can have highs in the 50's and lows below freezing. Tucson is a few degrees colder than Phoenix, despite being further south. My brother and sister both live in Prescott. I visit there quite a bit. They do get snow, but the weather is pretty mild year round. Of course, it's cold to me in the winter! I love the scenery with the mountains and pine forests. My brother and sister both have great views. However, the political climate doesn't seem to believe in COVID, despite having a lot of retired people living there. That's the part I don't like.
Old 11-09-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was Pahla B - 30 Min Weights Workout for Women over 50 - this was done circuit style, 2 circuits completed 3X through. Upper Body - Lower Body - Abs. For the standing abs work I did leave the weights out - too risky to be twisting and turning w/ weights in my hands. Pahla must have a strong core!

Trifecta Pilates - Release and Ease Stretches - just what it sounds like, LOL!

If I can renew Trifecta for the discounted price I got for this year, I may keep it for 2021. If I have to pay the full price, I won't. I do find her shorter stuff nice to fit into my routines and for when I'm in the mood for something longer, I generally enjoy her workouts. She also uses a variety of props to keep things interesting.

Yesterday I walked my doggie and then spent the rest of the day at the horse show.

I hope to walk my dog again today!

Sherry - good job on your bike. I am going to make more use of mine as well. Particularly once the weather gets too cold for walking outdoors. In spite of spending pretty much my whole life on the east coast, I have become a major cold weather wimp. It is also very damp here, which I think makes it feel worse than it is, too. Yesterday was perfect though - warm and dry. Fall is out nicest season here, I think. It is still warm but not humid like the summer or damp like the spring.

wishiwasinhawaii - very small world!

Waves Tracy and Pam!!

Donna
Old 11-09-20, 07:59 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica's You Tube 20 Minute Back Friendly Strength workout and 8 Minute Total Body Sculpt Express. I went to our friend's new ice cream shop on their first day open. They had quite a few customers the two hours I was there.

Donna, as you know it's opposite for me. I'm going to start riding outdoors soon!
Old 11-10-20, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I did get out for a walk - the weather is too nice to pass up the opportunity to get out. I think today will be nice as well and then rain for a few days.

This morning I did:

Ellen Barrett - Total Body Tune Up

Pahla's mini challenge called for an active rest day and while the workout she had scheduled looked good, I did find myself missing Ellen this morning.

Sherry - I'm glad your friends had a good turn out on their first day.

Waves, everyone -

Donna

Tags
jessica smith get strong