Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-20, 08:06 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Cardio Hit from WS3. It was mostly a kickboxing workout, which I had forgotten, but I'm always looking for those so glad to be reminded of this one. I was very busy with work so that was all I had time for.

Donna, The paper workout is one that I made up myself a long time ago. I came across it in my files so I thought I'd do it again.

Tracy, Congrats on being done with working! I have a whole list of things I'd do if I was retired. I'm sure it will be an adjustment, but everyone I know who has retired in the last few years is really enjoying it. I love puzzles so I might order the one you linked to.

Sherry, Yes, the house with the PVC pipe was a big hit from what I saw. It seems kids managed to have fun despite COVID, so that's good. Sounds like you found some good workouts at Goodwill.

Waves!
Old 11-03-20, 10:17 PM  
Leonana

Aww, that's a neat puzzle! Made me laugh!
Old 11-04-20, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Pahla B - 2 Mile Power Walk for Women Over 50 - pretty much what I have come to expect from Pahla's power walks - which is not a bad thing, LOL!

Trifecta Pilates - Hamstring Stretches

Yesterday I got out for two outdoor walks - it was good to get outside - with working from home it is really easy to not get up and leave the house....

Tracy - Congrats!! I also have a list of things I would like to do when I have the time....

wishiwasinhawaii - interested to hear about your program!

Sherry - those are some good finds at Good Will. i used to have/do those Jillian DVDs - I do wonder if I kept them? I will have to look. Which Ellen walk is it - the interval walk (which is actually a good one!) or the other one (which is good for a light day>

Waves, Pam!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 04:22 PM  
TracyQ

Hi Everyone—today I did a 30-minute Peloton Cycling class followed by Moving Mango Fall Challenge #41 Side Series. The Side Series is 30-minutes and was very good but I usually love all side lying leg work.

I also took an hour long walk before lunch.

Sherry—it’s funny how your 60 degree weather seems cold. We are supposed to be warming up to the 60’s this week and weekend and everyone is referring to it as a heat wave. LOL

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-20, 10:06 PM  
Leonana

I didn’t ride my exercise bike last night. Too much nail biting election coverage! I can’t wait until this is over! I didn’t sleep well last night, so today was Jessica’s You Tube Back Friendly Strength workout. Also did some house cleaning.

wishiwasinhawaii, I forgot about that WS3 workout. I need to revisit that set more.

Donna, it’s the Ellen Prevention Walk Off Belly Fat Workout.

Tracy, I guess it’s all relative! We had 115 this summer, so 60 feels cold. It looks like you are getting in some good exercise on your first day being retired.
Old 11-05-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did get out to walk my Golden, so that is good.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla B - Midlife Metabolism Boost - which was essentially a short circuit of cardio and weights.

Jessica Valent - Physical Therapy for SI Joint Pain - nothing unusual in this one - the normal exercises you see in PT type videos - but still valuable! The focus of this workout was to stabilize the SI joint - so a good amount of glute and hip work - which seems to be the remedy for so much that goes wrong w/ our backs these days.

Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch and Flexibility.

I plan to take a walk again today - I'm going mid/late afternoon since after work it is getting too dark.

Sherry - Good job riding your bike. Oddly, I have found that I am sleeping better these days - I am not at all sure why - I wonder if it is the change in time/temperature/light? Not much else has changed....

Tracy - nice job - I saw Moving Mango's 90 day challenge and I admit, I'm curious to see how I would feel after doing Pilates for 90 days in a row - probably good!

Waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Donna
Old 11-05-20, 11:02 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I finished the master rotation yesterday so I'm taking today off, but will go for a walk after lunch. My boss took this week off so I have more time during the day for walking. Tomorrow I plan to start the rotation I came up with.

Donna, My DIY rotation is just a basic weight circuit that I will do 3x/week. I'll do Jessica or some other cardio on the other days.

Sherry, Glad you are having cooler weather. As Tracy said, 60 is warm for us on this side of the country, lol.

Tracy, Let us know how you like that puzzle!
Old 11-05-20, 11:09 PM  
Leonana

No workout today. I did my volunteer filing for two hours. I meant to ride my bike this evening, but forgot. I am doing my strength workouts, but have been bad about cardio. I hope to do better next week.
Old 11-06-20, 08:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I got out for a walk w/ my Golden and DD.

Today, so far, has been:

Trifecta Pilates - Connection Workout - this was a long one - 50 minutes - but when I'm in the mood to do the longer Pilates workouts on the Trifecta site, I do find that I enjoy them. Beth is very thorough in her instruction and the pace tends to be slower so I can better work on form.

Today's workout on Pahla's schedule was core work - and I figured the Trifecta was a good substitute. Probably going back to Pahla tomorrow. I'm finding that her workouts seem ok for me to do so long as I don't go crazy w/ add ons and that I include my own stretching before and after.

Sherry -it is hard to get into new habits sometimes. I intended to stretch after work this week but didn't!

wishiwasinhawaii - sounds like a good plan

waves, Tracy and Pam!

Donna
Old 11-06-20, 05:27 PM  
TracyQ

Hi Everyone—Yesterday I did Bernadette Giorgi’s Pilates Power Ball Sculpt. It is my all time most used and favorite Pilates workout. I’ve had it for many years and never grow tired of it. I also walked a lot (walked the dog, went for a short walked with my aunt, and then took an hour long walk alone.). I also had my yearly mammogram, went to Trader Joe’s and stocked up and then to Ocean State Job Lot for my 2021 planner (use to log my workouts) and calendars.

Today I did a 30-minute Peloton cycling class and Cathe’s Ramped Up Upper Body. I also took the dog for a couple short walks and walked with my aunt.

Wishiwasinhawaii—I’m finding the puzzle to be very challenging but I’m really enjoying it. It’s a great distraction from the election coverage.

Donna—I’ll have to check out Trifecta Pilates. I tend to like the longer Pilates workouts.

Sherry—115 degrees . Were you raised there? I suppose it’s not as bad if you’re used to it. Still that’s really hot.

The warmer weather continues here. I hope to get an outdoor bike ride and maybe even go stand up paddling this weekend.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith get strong