Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-30-20, 10:23 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was my volunteer filing, then I rode my exercise bike for 40 minutes in the evening, while I watched Netflix. Today was Total Body Balance, Sole Sculpt. This was more challenging than I remembered, but I used 4 pounds instead of 3. Then I did a you tube 8 minute stretch.

Our weather warmed up, after two days in the 60's. Today's high was 85, which is normal for this time of year. However, it's supposed to be 93 on Sunday. And no rain, we're in a drought. Crazy weather!

Donna, that's too bad the volunteer work was suspended. I noticed that the office workers at the hospice were wearing masks at first, but now they aren't. However, the visiting CNA's and nurses wear their masks. I'm required to wear mine. Fortunately, our county mandated masks for stores and restaurants. I love Pahla, but I stopped doing her workouts. I was getting muscle strain. As long as my form is good with Jessica, I don't have issues, but I seemed to have a bigger problem with Pahla.

wishiwasinhawaii, I wish you could send us some rain! I did buy some Halloween candy, but I doubt I get any kids. I usually only get around 5 or 6 anyway. I guess I can pitch it into their bags, lol. Someone on my Next Door app posted a pic of a PVC pipe to drop the candy in and have it slide down to the kids. They decorated it, and put a skull's head at the end where the candy comes out. They usually have a haunted house, but not this year. But they did decorate, and have lighted headstones, and people can walk by. Hopefully, they will social distance when they do so, but I bet it will be crowded.
Old 11-01-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday was a day off from exercise since my DD had a horse show and we had to leave early. We got home in the afternoon, but I wasn't in the mood to exercise then...so I caught up on some paperwork, blah.

Today, still not in the mood for doing much but I did:

Blissasana Yoga (YT) - Earth Element Yoga

I may go for a walk later, weather permitting or if I feel like it maybe something else...

We had no trick or treaters here, we don't usually have a lot anyway....

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 09:10 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday was Cardio Party and an indoor walk. Today was a fusion strength workout on the calendar, but I don't have that DVD so I substituted Poise and Grace. I'm on the last week of this rotation and I've decided to do something different next--a paper based workout. I'll do that for 4 weeks and then I'm hoping Jessica's new release will be available.

No trick-or-treaters came here yesterday, but I don't normally get any so it was not a surprise. Sherry, I saw that PVC pipe idea. A few people around here were doing that, lol.

It's supposed to rain later so I might go for a walk in a bit, if I can get myself together!
Old 11-01-20, 03:36 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was washing the car, well rinsing it off. I spent a lot on a wax job at the car wash, and they assured me I could just rinse it off. It does look good. I also vacuumed the car. I rode my exercise bike in the evening for 30 minutes. So far, today is a rest day. Maybe I'll do some yoga this evening.

Jessica posted this on her you tube community page. Yay!

Quote:
Hello Dear Fitness Friends! Peanut and I have missed you all very much but are excited to be filming new videos for our channel that we look forward to sharing with you very soon. Please feel free to let us know your requests below as we love your input so that we can continue to create content you want to see here on our channel. Thanks for your patience with us during our hiatus.. we can't wait to see you all again soon. From our family to yours, we send you all our very best wishes <3
We spent our Halloween playing card games with friends. Pinochle, which I dislike, lol, and Racko, which is a fun, easy game. I enjoyed it, despite not being good at pinochle.

Donna, we had no trick or treaters either. Usually, we only get around six, so I wasn't expecting any this year. I did buy some candy, dh's favorite, so he should eat it for me.

wishiwasinhawaii, I would have liked to see that house with the candy shooter and decorations, but I bet it was crowded.
Old 11-02-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I went w/ Pahla B today - I am going to try to focus on doing more stretching when I do her workouts and maybe some foam rolling. I enjoy the simplicity of them and even though Pahla talks a lot, I don't mind it.

So, today was:

Pahla B - Walking w/ Weights Osteoporosis Prevention Workout
Yoga w/ Kassandra - 15 min Morning Yin

I took the day off today - but not sure what I'm going to do - it is deary and windy out - but I'll find something to do.

wishiwasinhawaii - what program are you going to follow next?

Sherry - that is good that you have been riding your bike in the evenings!!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 11-02-20, 06:12 PM  
TracyQ

Hi Ladies—I finally have time to check in.

Yesterday I did a Peleton cycling class and Five Park Yoga Relaxing Yoga. I also took an hour long walk.

Today I did Cathe’s Flex 10 Low Impact. It’s a 24 minute workout with warm up and cool down. I really like this one it’s pretty intense. I followed it with Jessica’s WS3 Upper Body.

Sherry—thank you for posting Jessica’s update. It would be nice to have some new stuff to try. I wonder when she’ll start posting it.

Donna—what did you end up doing today on your day off? It’s wicked windy, and cold here today.

Wishiwasinhawaii and Pam waves.

It’s cold here. We had 4.5 inches of snow Friday I was not prepared for that. I had to go through my bins in the attic to find a hat and gloves to wear to work. Speaking of work it’s hard to believe that my last day is tomorrow. I have mixed feelings. I really wasn’t planning on retiring at 57 but my job has become unbearable so it’s the right decision. Still I’ve been working for so long it’s going to be a huge adjustment.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-20, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Pahla's scheduled workout for today on her mini challenge was a seated stretch. I didn't feel like I need a recovery day yet, and I am also going to be sitting for much of the day, so I wanted a bit more variety.

So, today was:

Jessica Valent - Full Body Weigh Lifting Workout -this was a new workout added to the membership site for November. I am willing to bet she puts a shorter version out on You Tube at some point. Anyway, it was a straightforward routine, probably more on the endurance/functional side than heavy lifting. Jessica used 10's for the workout and I used 5's. I could probably use 8's next time for at least some of the workout.

Trifecta Pilates - Feel Good Pilates flow - this one has some glitches - bloopers in the beginning that weren't edited out and freezing issues at the end? it was short about 10 min.

Trifecta Pilates - Deep Hip Stretches - just what the title says!

I think in doing Pahla's workouts I need to be mindful of adding extra stretching and also be careful not to over do it. B/c her workouts don't wipe me out, I tend to think they are not enough so I start adding on and I think that can work against me. So, when doing her stuff I think the add ons I do need to be stretching and maybe some outdoor walks.

Tracy - wow, snow already?! I hear you, I complain about work but it would be an adjustment to retire, I'm sure. Particularly during this pandemic, I felt that working gave my days some structure and focus.

Hope everyone has a good day - and let's hope for peace today....

Donna
Old 11-03-20, 05:54 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was the Strictly Strength workout from the Get Strong dvd. So far, today was walking around two Goodwills. I also hope to ride my exercise bike this evening.

I did pick up three dvds at Goodwill, Ellen Barrett Prevention Walk, and two Jillian Michaels, No More Trouble Zones and Banish Fat. I used to do those two Jillian Michaels before I found Jessica, so I thought I'd try them again. With lots of modifications of course!

Colder weather again this weekend, highs in the 60's. Today was in the 90's. Where did our 70-80 degree November weather go?

Tracy, I hope Jessica comes up with new videos soon too. She did ask for suggestions, but You Tube is quicker. Best wishes on your retirement. I hope the transition is smooth for you. I homeschooled my daughter and "retired" when she graduated. I did get a bit depressed at first, but I found new activities to keep me busy, classes and volunteer work. Although, COVID has kind of put a stop to some of that. I've been thinking about a class online.

Waves to wishiwasinhawaii.
Old 11-03-20, 06:02 PM  
TracyQ

Today I did Ultimate Yogi Vitality. It’s a 70-minute vigorous Yoga practice. I used to do it all the time and it was one of my favorites from the Ultimate Yogi set. I haven’t done it since before I had my surgery and I struggled with it. But I made it through the whole thing even though I wanted to stop after 45-minutes.

So it’s official I’m retired. I’m relieved and a little anxious. My job paid very well and I’ll miss that but the stress was killing me. I feel like I can breathe now.

Old 11-03-20, 06:13 PM  
TracyQ

Sherry—I’ve got so many things I want to do that I never had time for. I’m planning on taking some on line classes this winter. I’ve also always wanted to try a large puzzle I found a 1000 piece one on Amazon and am going to order it. Here’s a link https://www.amazon.com/1000-Piece-Pu...445105&sr=8-14

Tags
jessica smith get strong