Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-07-16, 04:23 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
PS: Here is a new workout he does on youtube if you want to give him a try and see his personality. I personally think he is precious and seems very caring.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eLd...qZfs2j-1FAygoO
I think he's precious too, lol! Thanks for sharing this link. I will be checking out more of Tiffany's channel too.
Old 02-07-16, 04:48 PM  
juliel
VF Supporter

I like Brett and had the set but didn't finish a rotation.
My favorite workout from the set was Primal Moves. If
That is included with the set at Target, I suggest trying that
That's a good price too!

"One cat just leads to another." - Ernest Hemingway
juliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 04:48 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I don't have this set, but I do like Brett. I was one of the few who actually liked Rev Abs.
Me too! No one else can make me smile while I do jumping jacks!!

I've been tempted to buy the one at Target but I rarely dislike a workout so know I would want the rest of the set anyway.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 09:42 PM  
lorajc

I don't like Brett at all...but is this anything like Hammer and Chisel? Short workouts like them? with similar moves? Where is this sold? I would be interested in that. I love H&C!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-16, 09:44 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

It's nothing like Hammer & Chisel.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 08:43 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
I'm fixing to get the 1st level in a trade and I can let you know atleast what I see as far as your questions. I am not your fitness level, but i may know what to look for.
Thanks Jenilu! I look forward to your review.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 09:25 AM  
beatchica

Hi Bubbles!

I purchased the downloads and ended up finding the workouts extremely hard on the wrists and shoulders. There is a lot of work in which you twist through on your wrist and are pretty much supporting the majority of your weight on your shoulders. So the potential for wrist and shoulder injuries is pretty high. I really like Brett as an instructor, but found these workouts not to be very balanced and some of the moves not well thought out. I am an avid fan of MMA workouts, yoga, pilates, so I do have strong wrist. But these were just too much. Below is a link that if you give your email address you get access to one of the 20 minute body workouts.
http://bretthoebel.com/free-20-minute-video-opt-in-2/

If you go to the link below, fast forward to 21:28. You can see an example of some of the shoulder and writs heavy moves that are repeated throughout his 20 minute body workouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KymrN15iiCI

20 minute workouts are pretty much all I have time for lately. I recently purchased EVOLUTION 20 by Christine Bullock. I have to say I am loving these workouts. They are efficient, fun and are well balanced. The are total body workouts that are mostly body weight based. The pace is perfect and the moves and exercise sequences really do flow nicely together. This is a very fun and well balanced series.
beatchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 09:54 AM  
bubbles76

Ah Beatchica, you just saved me some cash! My shoulders are quite tweaky. Front and side lateral raises are problematic for me, although I can do overhead presses and upright rows. I was also looking at Evolution 20. Love that they are body weight based. What results have you seen from these? Anything like Weider X Factor ST?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 12:39 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatchica View Post
Hi Bubbles!

I purchased the downloads and ended up finding the workouts extremely hard on the wrists and shoulders. There is a lot of work in which you twist through on your wrist and are pretty much supporting the majority of your weight on your shoulders. So the potential for wrist and shoulder injuries is pretty high. I really like Brett as an instructor, but found these workouts not to be very balanced and some of the moves not well thought out. I am an avid fan of MMA workouts, yoga, pilates, so I do have strong wrist. But these were just too much. Below is a link that if you give your email address you get access to one of the 20 minute body workouts.
http://bretthoebel.com/free-20-minute-video-opt-in-2/

If you go to the link below, fast forward to 21:28. You can see an example of some of the shoulder and writs heavy moves that are repeated throughout his 20 minute body workouts.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KymrN15iiCI

20 minute workouts are pretty much all I have time for lately. .
He seems to have a "29-minute Body", as it were ... a lot of corework. Until I did it (or parts of it), it looked to me to be lots of nice core and floor, down-modifiable. Much too fast for me. I did Joni-O this one.

Ir had actually been recommended to me/my fitness style on FitSugar via quiz (they don't know my age and physical conditions(s), though). It really presents Brazilian-style fitness to well beyond my advanced beginner level: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/30-M...rkout-34193652

Free, though. Maybe it wouldn't get one "there" in 20 minutes ...

Upshot is, I found other things of similar nature (less martial arts in it, but some Brazilian-flavored - or at least, Brazilian-favored) ... to swap for it; which I am happy with. More cardio, for starters ... long, long story anyway.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-16, 12:42 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I think he's precious too, lol! Thanks for sharing this link. I will be checking out more of Tiffany's channel too.
She's different, lol. She (Tiffany) focuses a lot on wiggling.
I haven't done Brett's workouts, but everytime i see him in an interview or talking on someone's web page, he just never sounds like the "body builder that can't waste his time on normal people". He talks to new mom's, over 40's, overweight all with so much respect, and almost lovingly and I really like that.

Whoever spoke about Rev Abs, what was it liked? I nevwer looked into it, mainly because I am an hour glassy pear (lol), but everyone thought he was so cocky back then, so I never even looked. Whats it like? Is there a lot of weight work or is it mostly body weight?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
20 minute body, brett hoebel, capoeira