Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-16, 08:16 PM  
JezthePuff2

I started on January 4th, and I'm still going. I'm really liking it, but I'll definitely be ready for something else soon!

As far as results go, I've lost several pounds, but I'm also really watching my d**t.

The program is exactly what I needed at the beginning of this year. I'm having some joint issues, and these are gentler workouts (for the most part). I do feel I've made some progress with range of motion and balance.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 02:14 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'm five weeks into the Walk Strong rotation. There are some workouts I love more than others. Favorites for me are Barefoot Fusion Sculpt, Total Body Training, Interval Mix and 360 Abs. I like the Upper and Lower Body, also.

My least favorite could be Cardio Party but I would still be fine with pulling this one out as an alternative to Leslie. Cardio Party was the first one I tried, since it was up first in the rotation and Jessica seemed a little more ramped up in this one. I just think she was excited to have a few of her community members walking with her. And, I said in another thread the set was too crowded with the addition of walkers. The moves are fun, though but I get distracted watching some that aren't as coordinated.

When I first did 360 Abs I thought it moved really fast, but I learned to really enjoy this pace as I got more familiar with the exercises. This may be the one where the music is has a faster tempo, so it feels rushed.

I forgot to mention the Brain memory one (boost walk?) It was a fun and challenging workout and so different than anything I have in my collection. I'm pretty good with balance but the Flamenco hands thing still trips me up! ;-)

Dynamic Stretch and Prehab Routine were okay, but I added so much more to the rotation after having done these a couple times. I was adding my own yoga, Pilates, and stretching which I added more of since I started jogging on the treadmill. I learned to love and prefer Debbie's Cool It Off Express (Slilm Series) to either of Jessica's Dynamic Stretch or Prehab.

Jessica really excels in the Barefoot Fusion Sculpt. I immediately loved this one the first time I did it, and my opinion hasn't changed. She is graceful, creative, and just lovely in this workout!

I also added Leslie to the mix, for a change of pace. But, to put it into perspective I haven't done a Leslie workout in about three years or so. One of my goals for the New Year was to get more walking in, even if it was indoors so I'd be a little more ready to begin a Couch to 5k program soon after.

Long story short, I liked the Walk Strong set very much. But, after six weeks, like others I'll be ready for a new instructor (as sweet as Jessica is!)

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 02:29 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

As far as results, I'm not someone who weighs myself regularly but I'm sure I've lost about ten pounds since the start of the New Year. Part of that is I wasn't able to be consistent towards the end of 2015 Nov/Dec because of personal issues, travel/family, etc. But, I was happy to get back on track again with Jessica!

In the past I've bought her programs/sets and would stick to the rotation just fine. But, for whatever reason many of her workouts just sat on my shelf after that. I was one who preferred her YT workouts.

I'm used to doing rotations, but I prefer strength training rotations specifically so I found this set to have a nice variety for me (and it got me back to walking again, as well as exercising.)

I have been able to increase my weight each week and get better with the workouts each time I've done them. Some of them work better to get my HR up (Interval Mix) while others were good for a lighter, less intense day (Dynamic Stretch, Barefoot Fusion Sculpt.)

I've definitely noticed more toned abs and stronger core, as well as better coordination. And, the workouts have been very pleasant and I haven't beaten myself up in the process.

I also looked forward to having a planned rotation, so no thinking about what to do each day!

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 06:28 AM  
Jennifer P.
VF Supporter

I just received this one in the mail & have been previewing the workouts. I will just be sprinkling these in with other workouts. So far, I like what I've seen, there seems to be a good variety of moves & workouts. I am curious about the calendar, though, there are D1, D2, etc. What do they mean?

Let's keep this beautiful planet & all its wonderful creatures alive!
Jennifer P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 08:50 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer P. View Post
I just received this one in the mail & have been previewing the workouts. I will just be sprinkling these in with other workouts. So far, I like what I've seen, there seems to be a good variety of moves & workouts. I am curious about the calendar, though, there are D1, D2, etc. What do they mean?
The D1, D2, etc. tells you what DVD that workout is on.

I bought this set when Jessica had it on sale last month but was doing a different rotation at the time. I've finished that one so I'm going to start this one today. Looking forward to it. The last rotation I did was pretty intense and I'm finding as I get older that maybe I don't need to be wearing myself out anymore. Jessica's set looks perfect.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 12:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
The D1, D2, etc. tells you what DVD that workout is on.

I bought this set when Jessica had it on sale last month but was doing a different rotation at the time. I've finished that one so I'm going to start this one today. Looking forward to it. The last rotation I did was pretty intense and I'm finding as I get older that maybe I don't need to be wearing myself out anymore. Jessica's set looks perfect.
I think that folks are under the impression that this is a set just for beginners or that it is super easy. Jessica does have her mother show modifications, but some of the moves are quite rigorous. Including modified mountain climbers.

She could have called this set, Chopapalooza!, for all the wood chop moves in many of the workouts. She uses weights for these and I feel that one should go very light (or, no weight at all) at first to avoid injury. And, minimize the twisting moves until you see how your back can handle them. There is also a move where she has a weight overhead and switches it from hand to hand. That could be a skull buster as she does it rather quickly.

I guess what I am trying to say is to not think these are a walk in the park and go balls to the wall from the start.

Be careful out there!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 01:10 PM  
donnamp

Alta, thanks for the warning - I have a sensitive back so I will definitely be modifying wood chops w/ no weight. I also may need to sub out the 360 abs if there is a lot of twisting type moves.

I still haven't gotten around to trying these in spite of ordering them in Dec when they were first released. I have just gotten distracted with other things.

Oddly, I find myself wanting to go back and do the 30 day rotation that she released earlier - maybe Sept, 2015? I didn't finish it - I got bored, but I think I got bored b/c the month before I did a walking based rotation.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 02:53 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I think that folks are under the impression that this is a set just for beginners or that it is super easy. Jessica does have her mother show modifications, but some of the moves are quite rigorous. Including modified mountain climbers.

She could have called this set, Chopapalooza!, for all the wood chop moves in many of the workouts. She uses weights for these and I feel that one should go very light (or, no weight at all) at first to avoid injury. And, minimize the twisting moves until you see how your back can handle them. There is also a move where she has a weight overhead and switches it from hand to hand. That could be a skull buster as she does it rather quickly.

I guess what I am trying to say is to not think these are a walk in the park and go balls to the wall from the start.

Be careful out there!
Thanks for the warning. It's true that I was thinking this was going to be easy, but it doesn't sound like it and I wouldn't do anything overhead that involved switching weights, so I'll be doing that one unweighted!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 03:08 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

LOL on the "Chopapalooza!" that was funny!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-16, 03:16 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
Thanks for the warning. It's true that I was thinking this was going to be easy, but it doesn't sound like it and I wouldn't do anything overhead that involved switching weights, so I'll be doing that one unweighted!
I use one of my old "Billy Balls" that came with some Tae Bo workout. It is a soft, round half-pound weight. You could also use a soft weighted glove.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith rotation, walk strong, wood chops