Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-16, 08:59 AM  
TinaT

Update me on Walk Strong first 30 days. How's it going?

I know this is a 6 week rotation, but now that many of you are into this for about 4 weeks, I thought I'd pose some questions. It's now Feb, and I'd love to hear comments/opinions about how your first 30 days have been.

I own the set but haven't started using it yet. Thought it might be the next rotation I dive into. Are you using it exclusively, blending it with other WOs, etc? Results... weight loss, toning?

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 10:32 AM  
SpiritSong

I used it exclusively except for substituting out the stretch program after the first time and I slipped a short yoga practice in one day. I enjoyed the program. The fact that every workout is 30 minutes made it easy to schedule (unlike her 30-day program that varied from 20 to 50 minutes). The programs include a good mix of workouts (cardio, strength training, fusion, etc.).

It wasn't until the four weeks was ending that I missed a workout and now I'm finding it hard to get back to it. I think four weeks of working almost every single day with one person is long enough. (Although, the fact that I haven't started up with anyone else yet points more to fatigue/laziness than boredom with Jessica.)

No weight loss results at all, but of course that's due to my eating. No noticeable toning results, but I am pretty out of shape, so I would expect any results in that area would take at least 8 weeks to show.

In sum, it was a great program to start off the new year, and now I need to figure out my plan for February. I think I need to move on from Jessica for a little bit.
Old 02-02-16, 10:55 AM  
TinaT

Thanks Amy for posting. I've never been good at following a rotation and would like to say I've done it just 1 time. (we'll see). I'm all over the place when it comes to my workouts. A little Firm, Fitprimes, JS, Tracy Long, Suzanne Bowen, Tracey Mallet. Nothing organized at all.

I was planning on 2016 to be the year of organization, but it has alluded me so far. LOL

Do you feel like there's enough variety for 6 weeks with this program?
Old 02-02-16, 11:05 AM  
weener
VF Supporter

I enjoyed this program and all of the workouts - but only for 4 weeks. I also did outside walking during lunch. I'm doing level one of the ICE rotation for Feb.

ETA: I love Jessica for less intense workouts but I need Cathe for more intense with my modifications.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 11:21 AM  
TinaT

4 weeks seems to be enough for any instructor, etc. I'm not sure if I can do one person continually.
Old 02-02-16, 11:35 AM  
donnamp

Thanks for all the replies, from me, too. I bought the set when it first came out fully intending to do it in January but I got side tracked (I ended up following Jenny Ford's 30 day challenge for January) and never did get to Jessica's rotation. (Right now I'm doing the Faithful Workouts 31 Day Challenge that came out for January).

I think 4 weeks may be my max, too.

The set does appear to have a lot of variety, but for whatever reason (I guess too many workouts, too little time) I haven't started it yet.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:38 PM  
TinaT

So I just threw in JS Cardio party and couldn't finish it. I just lost focus and ended up throwing in WHFN Fast Cheetah to finish the last 15 minutes. Oh my... I'm not sure what to think.

It was too, ????. I so want to like her. She has a pleasant personality, she's not too chatty, seems like her routines are solid. What gives with me?
Old 02-02-16, 12:48 PM  
donnamp

Tina -

Have you done and enjoyed any other workouts by Jessica or is this your first? If you have enjoyed her workouts in the past, it could be that maybe you're just not in the mood for her workouts right now. Sometimes that happens to me, even if I love an instructor or style, I need to WANT to do it at the time I'm doing it.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:59 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I've only been doing Jessica's Walk Strong rotation for two weeks, so I don't know if my opinion counts...

I like Jessica and I like most of the workouts. The only one I absolutely didn't like was the Dynamic Stretch. I will sub something else for that one. I really like the Prehab, 360 Abs and the Brain ones.

I like Jessica in general. But, for some reason, her cueing is not that great in this series. She is usually very good at cueing moves. It's like she is in a hurry or something. It really shows in the Brain Fitness Fun workout. The moves are unusual to start with and she cues too late or not very well. This is the one workout where excellent cueing is important.

I figure the cueing will be a non-issue after I've done the workouts a few times.

It remains to be seen if I make it past 4 weeks.

ETA: I know you asked for results, but it is too soon. I will say that my butt and legs are quite sore the next day after doing the Lower Body workout.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 01:29 PM  
TinaT

I have tried her other "Walk Series" and haven't clicked with them. I was excited to see this series has more than walking. Ultimately, I'm a FF FIRMS, WHFN, Tracie Long kind of gal. It's all about compound moves for me. I was wanting to venture out of my norm, but maybe I need to be content. Plenty of variety with what I just listed.

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith rotation, walk strong, wood chops